Vince Young Bombs the Wonderlic

Cujo

According to Casserly, many quarterbacks have struggled to adjust to the complicated offenses in the National Football League. He referred to the struggles of Chad Pennington, a Rhodes Scholar finalist at Marshall University who has underperformed in his six years in the NFL.

"The Jets couldn't get an actual Rhodes Scholar, and now they're paying the price for settling for a mere finalist," Casserly said. "We're glad that we can still avoid making that same mistake."

:lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to Casserly, many quarterbacks have struggled to adjust to the complicated offenses in the National Football League. He referred to the struggles of Chad Pennington, a Rhodes Scholar finalist at Marshall University who has underperformed in his six years in the NFL.

"The Jets couldn't get an actual Rhodes Scholar, and now they're paying the price for settling for a mere finalist," Casserly said. "We're glad that we can still avoid making that same mistake."

Why is the Texans GM sticking up for this guy if they're keeping Carr and drafting Bush ... or are they??

6uXNWAo.png

Why is the Texans GM sticking up for this guy if they're keeping Carr and drafting Bush ... or are they??

Right over someone's head.

You are the dumbest dumb guy i've ever met.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Do you get off on starting cyberfights or something?? You act like third grade bully in here, and I probably speak for others when I say we're not impressed. It's quite pathetic actually. Maybe you wouldn't get suspended as often if you actually mixed in a positive, constructive comment every once in a while. If you wanna crack back and share with me why I'm a "scumbag", feel free to hit me up with a PM.

Bottom line... Grow the hell up, Johnathan. You're 24. It's time to start acting it, hoss.

6uXNWAo.png

Do you get off on starting cyberfights or something?? You act like third grade bully in here, and I probably speak for others when I say we're not impressed. It's quite pathetic actually. Maybe you wouldn't get suspended as often if you actually mixed in a positive, constructive comment every once in a while. If you wanna crack back and share with me why I'm a "scumbag", feel free to hit me up with a PM.

Bottom line... Grow the hell up, Johnathan. You're 24. It's time to start acting it, hoss.

Thankfully someone has said what I have been dying to say for a while. I would of spoken up also but I am one of the new guys around here and I know my place. But seriously JQK, almost every post I have seen of yours has been rude or malicous to someone. It gets old really fast.

PopHeading-1.gif

Thankfully someone has said what I have been dying to say for a while. I would of spoken up also but I am one of the new guys around here and I know my place. But seriously JQK, almost every post I have seen of yours has been rude or malicous to someone. It gets old really fast.

First of all, my name is not Johnathan. It's John. It's the name on my birth certificate.

Secondly, DirtyCurty, you are the LAST person to be talking about one being malicious or distasteful. You've been a scumbag on here since day one, so shut the :censored: up.

And Squeaks, i'm sorry you have not seen more of my productive posts. I promise i do make them. :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So I had a look at the sample test Tank posted.

And I also had a look at the Rose Bowl.

And I was wondering, where was the question in the test about reading defences?

Where was the question about when to throw the ball with a guy running a post pattern?

Where was the question about what play to run on third down when backed up near your own line?

It's one thing to say only shot up in after the Rose Bowl victory, but it's exactly that aspect that NFL scouts should be looking for, someone who doesn't choke, but excels on the biggest stage available to him.

The kid can run, throw and move. He's going to get drafted and make a fool of those who place too much emphasis on that test.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

What is the capitol of Texas? 

The capitol of Texas is the big building where the Texas state House and Senate meet.

The capital of Texas is Austin.

And personally, I've been to 14 state capitals and have been inside three state capitols. 

*SMACK*

Zing. And correct to boot. Well played - you must've gotten at least a 7 on your Wonderlic, that's beyond college smartitude...

Nope. I got an 8 on my Wonderlic test. That's because I cheated on the "What's 2 plus 5?" question. :P

Where was the question about when to throw the ball with a guy running a post pattern?

Where was the question about what play to run on third down when backed up near your own line?

It's one thing to say only shot up in after the Rose Bowl victory, but it's exactly that aspect that NFL scouts should be looking for, someone who doesn't choke, but excels on the biggest stage available to him.

The kid can run, throw and move. He's going to get drafted and make a fool of those who place too much emphasis on that test.

Thats really not the point that is being discussed in this situation. No doubt Vince Young is an incredibly talented individual, but you really have to wonder and question how a person who scores so low on a intelligence test can graduate from a major university. Not only that, but how did he get accepted to the university in the first place? I dont think anyone is questioning Vince's ability to lead a team in the NFL, however College is not all about sports. And I honestly think alot of people forget about that.

PopHeading-1.gif

I could be completely wrong, but I always thought the Wonderlic was a test of someone's mental agility and how they can handle stress more than anything else.

Now scoring poorly on such a test would certainly be a bad thing in the NFL, as a the difference between a QB who can think on his feet and one who can't could be the difference between saving a busted play and throwing into triple coverage for a pick-6.

Now lets look at Mr. Young. Yes, he can run a college offense. Yes he can throw and run at a collegiate level. But it is much harder to do that in the NFL. The stress is ratcheted up. You can't run your way out of trouble as easily as you can in college (Michael Vick Experience notwithstanding). And, as has already been mentioned, his throwing mechanics are off for a NFL QB (difference between saving busted play with feet and pass and pick-6 comes to mind again).

Personally, I wouldn't want anybody with an awful Wonderlic score to come anywhere near the Rams QB position, but if it already happened then I guess they got lucky or something.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

First of all, my name is not Johnathan. It's John. It's the name on my birth certificate.

Secondly, DirtyCurty, you are the LAST person to be talking about one being malicious or distasteful. You've been a scumbag on here since day one, so shut the :censored: up.

And Squeaks, i'm sorry you have not seen more of my productive posts. I promise i do make them.

Malicious and distasteful?? Bro, I come on to talk sports and to give my take, NOT to reek havoc and make enemies as you appearently do. People here HATE you becuase youre a total a-hole to everyone you come across. If anyone defines "scumbag" here, it would be you, "John". And since you seem to be blind, here it is for your again... Since you seem to have such as huge problem with me, hit me up with a private message ...or do you not know how break one of those off??

6uXNWAo.png

:blink:

Am I seeing things or is DirtyCurty all of a sudden the next reincarnation of Jim Rome?

Anyway, I thought this topic was to talk about how Vince Young bombed this test, not how DirtyRome got lit up like a christmas tree by JQK.

Thats really not the point that is being discussed in this situation. No doubt Vince Young is an incredibly talented individual, but you really have to wonder and question how a person who scores so low on a intelligence test can graduate from a major university. Not only that, but how did he get accepted to the university in the first place? I dont think anyone is questioning Vince's ability to lead a team in the NFL, however College is not all about sports. And I honestly think alot of people forget about that.

I think it is the point.

We're only discussing Vince Young because he's potentially a First Round pick.

If he was just another kid, he'd be like any one of Mrs WIB's students, and be hopeless at the test. Like so many American kids.

And don't get me started on American Colleges.

I'll just say that an a diploma from most High Schools in Europe or Australia is equivalent to some diplomas from American Colleges.

Fact is, as was mentioned above, in sports, these 'learning establishments' are more about growing kids into sportsmen than actually teaching them anything.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Is it possible that Vince just :censored: the test because he knew he didn't really need it to get drafted in the NFL?

I know, probably a long shot and would seem more likely to be done by a former Hokie alum, but I think it's possible.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

What is the capitol of Texas? 

The capitol of Texas is the big building where the Texas state House and Senate meet.

The capital of Texas is Austin.

And personally, I've been to 14 state capitals and have been inside three state capitols. 

*SMACK*

Zing. And correct to boot. Well played - you must've gotten at least a 7 on your Wonderlic, that's beyond college smartitude...

Nope. I got an 8 on my Wonderlic test. That's because I cheated on the "What's 2 plus 5?" question. :P

That's it. I'm not drafting you #2 in next month's draft.....

I don't think there is a solid link between intellectual aptitude and athletic performance...the reality is many of our mega-millionaire athlete heros would be flipping burgers if they weren't paid for the awe-inspiring performances that we love and pay to see. Sure, a lot of these guys could be successful in business, but I think it's a safe bet that most would be struggling.

Thus, it's either "MTV Cribs" or "I can't afford a Crib" for many of these guys.

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

Archived