Green Bay Packers Concept

Cujo

As you can see, I pretty much swapped out yellow for gold here. I know I'm messing with tradition here, but I think it's a nice, fresh look. I also mixed in some green pants with the away set. I think those would look very sharp. Anyways, C&C. Thanks.

proj_gb.png

6uXNWAo.png

I like the "idea". I like where you're going with it. It's just if the Packers ever did that you'd be tarred, feathered, urinated on, and then set on fire. However at least you didn't stray away from their general look. I've never been a big fan of those small "COLLAR NAMES" so I don't think that's necessary. The rest of it is pretty good. I just hope they don't switch to Vegas Gold anytime soon. I frankly love what they have now. It seems like no team uses regular gold/yellow anymore. The Rams ought to bring it back. Remember I'm a little more of a traditionalist at heart, so often times I don't like drastic changes. This isn't that drastic, so it works, I just don't think the city of Green Bay would still be standing if the Packers changed.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

"Titletown Gold" -- very good.

"Vince Lombardi Trophy Gold" -- would quiet the fans of Construction Equipment Yellow Gold, I would think.

The only thing I'd change is to transfer the stripes to the cuffs, as in Kansas City. With shortening sleeves, sleeve stripes are rapidly going the way of the single wing.

Is that the old (I believe it's called "Cowboys Classic") number font? That would be most appropriate if it is.

Packers-2.png

Is that the old (I believe it's called "Cowboys Classic") number font? That would be most appropriate if it is.

No, I didn't use the "Cowboy font" on this one. They're the same block numbers as what Green Bay currently uses. However, I did edit the "5" manually since Green Bay makes their 5s different from everyone else.

6uXNWAo.png

I think the Packers uniforms are 100% perfect as is, BUT this is still an awesome concept. Their not going to actually be wearing these, its just a concept, and a very good one. The gold does go nicely with the green. I dont like the wordmark under the collar, and I like Green Bays unique collar, if you could fit thatin witht he new colour scheme thatd be cool.

Nice Work

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I think the Yellow looks much better. Solid concept though. Not much to change on a uniform as solid as this

I agree -- the yellow does look much better.

Besides, this version makes them look too much like (gasp) the New Orleans Saints. Not that I, as a Minnesota Vikings fan, would complain, mind you.

It's okay. My main problem with it is that, while it's an original concept, it's an un-original idea. The thought of Packers green-and-old gold is quite overdone and played out.

Sorry, but I've seen twenty versions of this concept.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The helmet looks like the Saints only swap black with green and the fleur-de-lis for the G-logo.

IMO, The Packers identity is 95% perfect. The only thing that keeps it from being 100% perfect is the white jersey having the yellow and white stripes touching each other. It doesn't need "gold Gold" to make it better (in fact, it kind of makes it worse.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The only questions worth posing, are whether or not the concept is sound: Is it Practical? Marketable? Professional? These are the only assessments that really should be valid.There just seems to be too much personal supposition and not enough sound objectivity on this site, in general. Further, there is absolutely no reason to impart what one might think the locality's populous opinon would or should be, based on this or any other designs. One's personal judgement can't possibly represent the masses. Personal commentary doesnt change the validity of the creative effort.

That being said....

Very original thoughts in terms of evolution (might remind one of USF's original set). The gold might be better represented less flat and with more luster, speaking in terms of TV representation. Perhaps meeting somewhere in between what you have proposed and and that of the current scheme, might relate better to the on screen visual. The darker green and introduction of a new pants set looks sharpin static, but may read more black on lower definiton screens. The striping on both the jersey and pants is a novel concept.

A sound design over all.

Contract this...."

251799582_m.jpg

Wasn't something like this actually proposed? Or am I mistakened?

I came up with the idea from seeing a gold Packers helmet a while back which was supposedly a possible option for the future (I think). Either way, I finished it up by putting together some uniforms to go along with it.

6uXNWAo.png

Wasn't something like this actually proposed? Or am I mistakened?

Yeah - the Holmgren / Wolf plan. Obviously didn't happen though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I am a sucker of the dark green/old gold combo. I love everything about it, even the green pants. I don't know if it would work for the Packers as much just based on history, but I love the use of it here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived