New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

More crumbling of the NFC North/Central classic jersey tradition. I hope the Packers and Bears stay the hell away from this trend.

I love the idea of purple pants with white jersey, but THAT'S IT!!! I DO NOT want to see the Vikes wear purple pants with that stupid yellow fashion jersey!! :evil:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rams, Niners, Packers, Lions....those are a few of the teams who can pull of a one set of pants look perfectly by the way.

Add the Eagles to this list when they come to their senses and bust out the silver pants again. And the Raiders, because they've done just fine with one pair of pants.

Other than the Packers, the teams that do the best with a single pair of pants are the ones who wear metallic colors. Coincidence?

Not trying to jack this thread, but VD got me thinking.

What if the Eagles, instead of going with silver pants, got charcoal pants (to match the charcoal trim on the numbers)?

They already have a modern look, and charcoal (think Bucs pewter) could look great with their home, away, and alt. jerseys. Of course, they'd still have white as alt. pants.

Back on topic:

The Vikes with purple road pants is awesome, as long as they match the helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Panthers and Pats need to drop their white and navy pants (respectively), right now. Silver home and away...it NEEDS to be done. Looks so much better.

I agree - I'd like to see the Pats go back to silver pants for both home and road jerseys. Of course, I'd also like to see them go back to scarlett numbers on the road unis, but that may be asking too much at this point.

I think this is totally unnessary. I am going to miss the Vikes' white jersey, the best in the NFL. Now the shoulders and/or sleeves will be a different color and the number font will be weird...'least that's my guess.

And one more thing. It said the purple pants were for the purple jerseys at home. Why are they going purple/purple and white/white? (Like Seattle). They should go purlpe/white and white/purple.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

IMerged--double post....

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Jermaine Wiggins, Matt Birk, Antoine Winfield and Brad Johnson were in New York on Tuesday for a photo shoot of them modeling newly designed Vikings uniforms. They supposedly already have Billboard space here in the Twin Cities reserved.

So id say they are going to have new uni's for sure.

I think this is totally unnessary. I am going to miss the Vikes' white jersey, the best in the NFL. Now the shoulders and/or sleeves will be a different color and the number font will be weird...'least that's my guess.

And one more thing. It said the purple pants were for the purple jerseys at home. Why are they going purple/purple and white/white? (Like Seattle). They should go purlpe/white and white/purple.

I agree, the Vikes white unis are one of the best unis in the league - why would you go away from that? Purple on purple- they'll look like a team of Grimaces!

grimace.gif

Maybe I dreamed this, but I'd say a good 5 months ago someone posted info stating that the Vikes were looking into having Falcon-esque uniforms...? Could this be the materializing of that?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I think this is totally unnessary. I am going to miss the Vikes' white jersey, the best in the NFL.

I agree, the Vikes white unis are one of the best unis in the league -

grimace.gif

Sorry, but I think the white Vikings uniforms are some of the worst in the league. Those goofy looking shoulder stripes, white pants and white shoes gave this team a really soft look.

I would look for a "Eagles-esque" look for the Vikes new uniforms. Black will be incorporated as an accent color (on striping, number outlines, socks and shoes). I would say its a good bet that the new uni will have purple home jersey's with white numbers outlined in yellow and black. Purple pants (with some kind of simple yellow/white/black striping combo) or white pants (with the same purple/yellow/black striping combo). Black socks used with purple pants and purple socks used with white pants. Black shoes will also be added. I think the helmet stays the same. The road jersey will be white with purple numbers outlined in yellow and black. Choice of either purple or white pants. No alternate jersey.

The only other thing I thought of is the possiblilty of adding yellow pants, but I think the Vikes want to stay away from any Packer-esque look.

I think the new look should be sharp and a upgrade for the team into the 21st century. I think anyone thinking this will be anything like the Bills monstosities is going to be sadly mistaken. I also am sure Reebok and NFL Prop. will do what they can to make sure the Vikes and Ravens uniforms don't look too much alike. That might be a reason that the all purple home unis could be designated as the primary home uniform. It would also help (and look a heck of a lot better) if the Ravens wore their black pants with their white jerseys once-in-a-while. Only wearing them with the black jersey's is kind of a waste.

Yes, look for mono-chromatic trendiness.

Yikes. I just hope they dont go too yellow. Purple and Yellow are an awful combination.

I don't agree at all, though a change to vegas gold intrigues me....

I really hope they don't add black. We already have the Ravens.

POTD (Shared)

I thought a new design had to be submitted to the league one year in advance?

I'm under the impression that you just have to notify the league in advance and you can tweak the design closer to the season.

Archived