New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought I saw on this board that the Vikings helmets are going to have the actual Viking on them instead of the horn. Was that incorrect?

yes, that was an overzealous fan acting as if he had some scoop. Unfortunately you get that from time to time.

Hell no.  This is what it would look like, IMO.

This looks awful.

Sorry if the pic is huge.

Nope. None of the proposals Tom showed were even that conservative.

The ones he showed were completely over-the-top. Crazy sleeve patterns, lots of piping, a completely all-Black alternate (Black helmets, jerseys, pants, socks)...modified logos, wordmarks, alt logos, etc.

Completely nuts.

So are they going with any of it?

It's been put on hold.

Apparently, Dan Snyder's superstitious, and wants to see how things play out.

I think he's probably more afraid of being attacked by angry fans in broad daylight.

If Dan Snyder wants a sandbox to play with sports logos, maybe he should just buy an Arena team for Washington. Then he could go nuts without ruining it for the rest of us.

Would the NFL allow a radical redesign of the Skins?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If Dan Snyder wants a sandbox to play with sports logos, maybe he should just buy an Arena team for Washington.  Then he could go nuts without ruining it for the rest of us.

Snyder already has the rights to an Arena team - he bought the rights three or four years ago, but hasn't put the plan in action.

And please, please, please remember that most of the Arena teams have pretty conservative designs. They've pretty much stopped going over-the-top...it's not the mid-to-late 90s anymore, folks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ive been wishing they would go Purple and Silver, and ditch the gold all together.

Purple on an ash gray sweatshirt looks quite nice.  I'd like to see that further explored.

I've seen that color combo (purple and gray) before...it's called the Phoenix Suns. Most of the Suns' merchandise is purple and gray/silver, and it looks terrible.

Crap...sorry for two posts in a row...should've just edited the first one.

pick this up on the vikings mesage board

a little bit of a relief , just a update to the horns, more of a subtle change to the uni's. god please no all purple uni's

Uniform news from Zygi!

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/s...ll/14212906.htm

Quote:

he NFL apparently agrees, having tabbed the Vikings to open the season at Washington on Sept. 11 as the first half of a Monday night doubleheader on ESPN.

The Vikings will have a different look for that game, with the team expected to unveil new uniforms shortly, but Wilf promised the changes will be nothing major.

"I can say this: We're still the purple and gold," he said. "I don't think the changes take away from our traditional standards. I'll leave it up to the fans, but this is something we feel will give us a little more excitement."

(unrelated info regarding the offer to Burleson snipped)

? Wilf didn't want to get into specifics regarding the uniform changes, but he said the helmet has been subtly altered. "Same helmet, same horn," he said. "The horn is just accentuated a little to give it a three-dimensional look."

Ive been wishing they would go Purple and Silver, and ditch the gold all together.

Purple on an ash gray sweatshirt looks quite nice.  I'd like to see that further explored.

I've seen that color combo (purple and gray) before...it's called the Phoenix Suns. Most of the Suns' merchandise is purple and gray/silver, and it looks terrible.

did i just get tomahawk'd??

Actually the color combination isn't the problem, its the shades they use, and the horrible orange in use as well. As well as the goofy design they impliment.

Use an ash (light grey) and a dark purple, so there is contrast, and it would be quite nice.

a little bit of a relief , just a update to the horns, more of a subtle change to the uni's. god please no all purple uni's

Uniform news from Zygi!

Quote:

he NFL apparently agrees, having tabbed the Vikings to open the season at Washington on Sept. 11 as the first half of a Monday night doubleheader on ESPN.

The Vikings will have a different look for that game, with the team expected to unveil new uniforms shortly, but Wilf promised the changes will be nothing major.

"I can say this: We're still the purple and gold," he said. "I don't think the changes take away from our traditional standards. I'll leave it up to the fans, but this is something we feel will give us a little more excitement."

? Wilf didn't want to get into specifics regarding the uniform changes, but he said the helmet has been subtly altered. "Same helmet, same horn," he said. "The horn is just accentuated a little to give it a three-dimensional look."

hopefully, it looks like this:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=34376

:D

Actually the color combination isn't the problem, its the shades they use, and the horrible orange in use as well. As well as the goofy design they impliment.

Use an ash (light grey) and a dark purple, so there is contrast, and it would be quite nice.

Kansas State is purple and Silver and I like their look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Uniform news from Zygi!

Quote:

hopefully, it looks like this:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=34376

:D

Agreed. I'm not too hot on the Champion style numbers, but something very close to that would be superb.

Nice work on the concept by the way, Cole. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

Actually the color combination isn't the problem, its the shades they use, and the horrible orange in use as well.  As well as the goofy design they impliment.

Kansas State is purple and Silver and I like their look.

True. Kansas State does it very well.

I guess the key would be, like taj said, a light silver for more contrast. Sorry taj - the Suns were the first team in my head when I heard that combo, but when done right, silver and purple are pretty decent.

This is from today's Minneapolis Star and Tribune.

New uniforms coming

The Vikings are expected to unveil their new uniforms

late next month during the week leading into the NFL

draft, following a recent tradition of teams

maximizing the draft frenzy that culminates in on-site

draft parties.

The Arizona Cardinals followed a similar route when

they redesigned their uniforms two years ago. Assuming

all goes according to plan, the Vikings will debut

them during the week of April 24. The draft is

scheduled for April 29-30.

Team officials have described the changes as

relatively subtle, but the helmet will still feature

horns. One of the more significant changes is expected

to be the reintroduction of purple pants, although it

is unclear whether they will be used for road or home

games.

I think it's nearly a done deal that we'll see home monochromes. Uniforms are getting uglier and uglier. I think all-purple home uniforms are almost a given.

I'm thinking a Falcons-esque revision.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived