New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

today's St. Paul Pioneer Press claims they are a mix of San Diego and Denver

Denver? Uh, oh.... :huh:

I'm not liking this...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cross of San Diego and Denver?

Shoulder stripe

049.jpg

Plus Broncos stripe

05-jake-plummer-action-1-sm.jpg

... would equal the WSU/Toledo stripes:

swog2.jpg

2004-08-16-inside-mac.jpg

That would be pretty scary to see for the vikings. How else coud they "combine" the SD and Denver unis?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Well I think it's a given that the Viking logo won't change seeing how it looks the same on the draft caps.

Which is unfortunate if true...it's the one aspect of their identity package that definitely DOES need an update...

Which is unfortunate if true...it's the one aspect of their identity package that definitely DOES need an update...

Why update the Vikings logo?

As a Vikings fan AND a Norwegian-American (in other words, a descendent of the real Vikings), I say it's perfect the way it is.

Let's leave well enough alone. Enough of changing for the sake of change. Look where it got the Toronto Blue Jays.

A mix of the Chargers and Broncos does'nt sound very subtle or very good to me.

My thoughts exactly. I can't imagine how this will be anything but a big step backward.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'm trying to figure out what it is about San Diego they would emulate enough to call

it out as such " cross between". I mean I get the Broncos, that's easy but the Chargers

I don't see anything unique aside from the lightning bolts and they sure can't use those.

oh, wait, maybe it's the tri-color number. To seperate the yellow and whit, since they are so close in value with an outline of purple. Now that would make sense.

Word. I have to wonder if it's on their agenda. I've seen a lot of updates on the board (incl. mine) and a few haven't been too bad.

And for the unis, were they NFL Props in-house, or did they get someone outside to do them? Just wondering what route they took.

Well I think it's a given that the Viking logo won't change seeing how it looks the same on the draft caps.

I think it's fine the way it is.

I think it's time for a change.

mav23.gif

you guys are no fun

the moment a team decides to get a new unis, it is like terror color red alert. Why not just oh I don't know WAIT till they show it first before deciding it is a bad idea.

hell, why not put an AXE on the helmet? Vikings had axes right? Forget the horns since we all know that the real vikings never worn horns.

you guys are no fun

the moment a team decides to get a new unis, it is like terror color red alert. Why not just oh I don't know WAIT till they show it first before deciding it is a bad idea.

hell, why not put an AXE on the helmet? Vikings had axes right? Forget the horns since we all know that the real vikings never worn horns.

i wouldn't mind seeing the braided norseman being exchanged for a battle ax as a jersey logo. unless there is a rule stating that you can't have weapons for logos?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

you guys are no fun

the moment a team decides to get a new unis, it is like terror color red alert.  Why not just oh I don't know WAIT till they show it first before deciding it is a bad idea.

hell, why not put an AXE on the helmet?  Vikings had axes right?  Forget the horns since we all know that the real vikings never worn horns.

i wouldn't mind seeing the braided norseman being exchanged for a battle ax as a jersey logo. unless there is a rule stating that you can't have weapons for logos?

The Redskins and Chiefs have/had an arrowhead or spear and the Raiders and Buccaneers have swords.

Save the slugalo.

Archived