Best sports related theme song

OMMF

I unearthed a copy of the NHL2Night theme song from when ESPN2 was known as "The Deuce." It reminded me of 2 things:

1: ESPN2 used to use the same song for all their sports just with different beats and instruments.

2. I loved that song.

What sports related theme song do you love/miss? Honorable mention goes the CBS NCAA song for durability.

You'll Never Walk Alone....or if you mean TV themes Channel 10's/Hunters & Collectors Holy Grail, NRL's That's my team (What's my Scene not sure who its by), A-League used some hip hopy rappy song that was ok....i used to love Channel 7s The Thing About Football or there Sports theme but they have since shortened it aint as good

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

John Tesh's NBA on NBC theme. I forgot the actual name of the tune, though

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, the NBA on NBC theme.

Not sure if this is really what's being asked, but I also thought "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor, which the NFL Network used for a lot of it's playoff/Super Bowl related commercials, worked pretty good.

IUe6Hvh.png

Australian Football

Thats the thing about football- Greg Champion

Up there Cazaly- Greg Champion (don't know if he wrote it)

Tigerland- Richmond Theme (AFL)

The Power to win- Port Adelaide Theme (AFL)

MNF Theme- ABC

Rock n Roll Part II- Gary "the childsnatcher" Gliter

We are the champions- Queen

I enjoy all the songs the NFL and NFL Network use. It's like a bird call for men. I know as soon as I hear one of them I'm in front of that TV like nobodys business.

Kinda like that little sense that goes off in your head when your wife or kids touch the Air Conditioner.

"Nutrocker" by the Moody Blues. Anyone who has grown up in Boston remembers this at the intro to Bruins games on TV-38. I think it was originally recorded by a band called "Bumble Bee and the Stingers" in the late 60s, but the Moody Blues re-recorded it later in the mid 70s.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

CBS college football, as well as CBS college basketball

ABC MNF

ESPN Baseball theme

EDIT: Let's not forget about the ESPN NFL Primetime music.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How can I forget my favorite?

"A New Game" by Sam Spence.

I hear those bells and I immediately picture old school linebackers in blood stained jerseys breathing out steam on a cold day in Green Bay or Chicago or whereever.

IUe6Hvh.png

I hear those bells and I immediately picture old school linebackers in blood stained jerseys breathing out steam on a cold day in Green Bay or Chicago or whereever.

Actually "A New Game" was composed by Tom Hedden.

NBA on NBC theme song by John Tesh. Ahh...the memories of the good ol days of NBA on NBC during the Jordan era. I used to watch the NBA religiously whenever the Bulls were on the air.

by the way, isn't the Olympics theme composed by John Williams?

Actually "A New Game" was composed by Tom Hedden.

For real? Damn. My bad. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived