Rating the College Hockey Duds

OnWis97

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Of course Ferris would break INCH's rules on uniforms, we've always had a ":censored: You" attitude. That's why we're Ferris. Strange logo, eh? Will it's sure as hell loved around here.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Of course Ferris would break INCH's rules on uniforms, we've always had a ":censored: You" attitude. That's why we're Ferris. Strange logo, eh? Will it's sure as hell loved around here.

You're a Ferris State fan? I was a classmate of Matt Verdone's back in high school. I remember one time we were playing rugby in gym class and he absolutely flattened me. I'm 5'6" 170, but I was around 140 at the time and Verdone's a little bit bigger than that, so ya it hurt a bit. :hockeysmiley:

stoneraizersig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Whoa, they called UND's sweaters from 1987 the best of all time, thats awesome!

Yeah, i thought that was pretty cool, too. I also have to agree, though I think the current ones are sharp.

They're way better than the geometric Sioux head jerseys they wore during my time at UND.

2. The second unbreakable rule relates to use of the color purple. Don?t.

What's wrong with purple?

I agree. I go to a number of Niagara Purple Eagle games, and yes, the jersey is basically the LA Kings, but the Silver "N" isn't bad looking.

We are the "PURPLE" Eagles, so we better have the color in the scheme.

Little tough for Holy Cross to avoid that one...seein the Crusaders colors are purple & white..

They did have a hint of black on there seeing they were wearing Flyers jerseys, just in purple instead of orange.

Still, they didn't look too bad when they beat the Gophers B)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I agree. I go to a number of Niagara Purple Eagle games, and yes, the jersey is basically the LA Kings, but the Silver "N" isn't bad looking.

Okay, I'm here in Bemidji, so this is going to come off as a rival ripping on you, but the problem in that the "N" is fricking huge (especially on the road jersey)!

mikenovosad.jpg

8.jpg

Sorry, I liked the old ones better...

tallari.jpg

Moose

I agree. This guy seems to have a problem against the color purple.

But what if purple is your primary school color, as in the case of Mankato? Are you supposed to wear black instead? Sheesh.

1. There is absolutely nothing wrong with purple in uniforms.

2. My vote for best college hockey unis goes to Air Force.

USAF1.jpgUSAF.jpg

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Okay, I'm here in Bemidji, so this is going to come off as a rival ripping on you, but the problem in that the "N" is fricking huge (especially on the road jersey)!

mikenovosad.jpg

8.jpg

tallari.jpg

Moose

I didn't like the jersey with the slanted Niagara. I'm a traditional jersey guy. Although NU's hockey jersey isn't traditional, it (in my opinion) isn't one of the worst. Bemidji's jersey is a good one.

I'd like to see us encorporate the Purple Eagle athletic logo on the jersey. It's only a shoulder patch right now. I think that would make for a good one. If I had the design software, I'd do something for the site. But, I'm not a designer..

mikenovosad.jpg

8.jpg

tallari.jpg

Moose

I didn't like the jersey with the slanted Niagara. I'm a traditional jersey guy. Although NU's hockey jersey isn't traditional, it (in my opinion) isn't one of the worst. Bemidji's jersey is a good one.

I'd like to see us encorporate the Purple Eagle athletic logo on the jersey. It's only a shoulder patch right now. I think that would make for a good one. If I had the design software, I'd do something for the site. But, I'm not a designer..

The Niagara women have the athletics logo on their jerseys, but have the Nashville template, one I'm not particularly fond of...

0506whockey.jpg

I thin the men could make a decent jersey out of this logo, with a better template. Just stop stealing some of the out-there NHL designs.

Moose

Though I am a Gopher fan, the Lake Superior State Lakers uniforms have to be one of the most clossic and original uniforms out there...I absolutely loved them when I was younger and still do. As for the Minnesota unis this year, they were by far my least favorite of any of the uniforms they have worn in my 21 years. The lines all over the jersey make it look cheesy, along with the uneccesary modern skating gopher. Hopefully someone at the U takes back creative control from Easton and creates a classic uni.

For anyone interested, here's a website that allows you to browse college hockey uniforms. The only problems are that Koronis uses the dazzle material in their replicas (think shiny basketball pants), they colors seems to be a little off on their photos, and they haven't made replicas for some of the newer designs (like the 2006 Gophers' jerseys).

http://www.koronissportsapparel.com/ncaa.html

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived