2006-2007 European football kits

kc51design

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think those newcastle baby and navy blue kits. sometimes that combo comes off bad, but I'm generally a fan of teams like the utah jazz and the dallas mavs that have tried two tones of blue on the same jersey.

i think those newcastle baby and navy blue kits. sometimes that combo comes off bad, but I'm generally a fan of teams like the utah jazz and the dallas mavs that have tried two tones of blue on the same jersey.

It looks like black to me...

I would imagine the home Betis kit is the far right striped one, so is the green with one off-center white one the alt or the away-primary one then? odd. I don't like teams that do that :|

The off center white stripe jersey is probably their away Champions League shirt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Lillestrom in the Inter Toto Cup (qualifying for UEFA, 7th place in premiership gets the spot).....they played the first leg last week, so we knew in advance what colours they would wear (yellow home) but we (as in Newcastle) have had 3rd/UEFA Kits for a while, the last a fairly nice dark (not navy) blue adidas template.......

Forwhat its worth I like the shirt, its a lot better than our away kit this year, and you can actually read the numbers.....who cares, we're back in Europe, and signed Damien Duff!!

Genius.......

Arsenal's new kit in action, from the Bergkamp testimonial against Ajax (also the first game at Ashburton Grove):

_41919234_bergy_action416.jpg

_41919582_petit416.jpg

_41919580_henryscore416.jpg

_41919592_henry300.jpg

_41919638_kanu300.jpg

Not sure how I feel about the huge testimonial patch in the center, but how sweet it is to see Arsenal back in red and white, with proper sleeves. A classic kit.

That gold stripe still looks superfluous to me. They could have at least replicated it on the back for consistency!

liverpool-1.png

i dont mind arsenal throwing gold on there, but i wish they had a hint of it on the shorts and socks.

btw, all those pics on flickr of the new stadium and of the testimonial gave me goosebumps. its been 6 years since i was at highbury (arsenal v. liverpool aug 00) and i miss the old gal, but HELLO FUTURE or should i say PRESENT.

go to flickr and search for "emirates stadium"

I love the new Arsenal kits, gold stripe and all.

Going a little off-topic, aren't testimonial games a little weird? Not bad weird, but weird as in, "they do things funny over there?" For example, that one pic shows Patrick Viera playing in the Bergkamp testimonial wearing the new Arsenal kit, despite the fact that he's still under contract with Juventus and likely heading to Inter Milan. That's really cool.

Testimonial Games are a little werid, yes......no rules on substitutions (hence the first half was current/promising young players and the second was "legends" even van basten and cruyff turned out for ajax......seaman, adams, veira, wright all there for arsenal) and the guys side who its the testimonial for HAS to win....sort of (alan shearer' testamonial earlier this year v. celtic and it was 1-1 going into the 90th minute.....newcastle played "fouled" in the box = penalty, shearer steps up and, surprisingly enough, scores.....they're just meant to be send off's for legends, send the fans home happy, unlike reall pre-season friendlies which often try out a variety of player combinations in order to (hopefully) gel the team together beofre the upcoming season......

hopefully insightful....

There's a little more space then was at Highbury. The pitch is larger too, moree in line with FIFA standards. I think it would have been really class to keep the same measurements from Highbury in regards to the pitch

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I snagged a pic from Niketown of Arsenal's away jersey that they just put up for sale:

196312000_63cc501c11.jpg

The home jerseys they are selling are just like what was posted before, minus the silouette above the Fly Emirates logo.

Apologies if this is a repeat, I was just gone for a week so I haven't read through all the new entries yet, just wanted to share my findings from my vacation ;)

BTW, do you think Nike will continue to sell Juventus stuff (or will it be nearly as popular) considering they just got demoted?

Arsenal are repeating last year's yellow away for this season, just with the Fly Emirates logo on the front.

god, Vieira and Petit back in the Arsenal strip and in the midfield...shivers!

this sounds like it was definitely the best testimonial for the last few years, not only for the man we sent off (Dennis Bergkamp) but because it was also the opening of Emirates :)

harperdc.gif

Archived