Florida Gets New Court For Next Year

Ron Mexico

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=Ag...ov=ap&type=lgns

The Gators also unveiled a new court -- the same one on which they won it all. Florida purchased the floor from the NCAA for $70,000 and planned to refinish it before next season. The school's previous floor was 12 years old, and officials said they already had budgeted money for a new one.

But this one was special.

"It feels great," Brewer said. "We've got our fans here, we've got a new court and we're the national champions. What more could you ask for?"

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Wonder if the Badgers can buy the ice from the Bradley Center if they win tonight?

Now there's an idea. Melt it down, stick it in a big tank, and when it's time for the national championship-defending season to begin, dump it on the Kohl Center floor.

Packers-2.png

Here's hoping they scrap the hideous idea of coloring inside the 3-point arc, especially the half-baked half-orange, half-blue motif.

The NCAA has been pleasantly understated in its past few Final Four designs. Florida should do likewise. Big Gator logo at center court, orange lanes and blue out-of-bounds.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The champion gets the option to purchase the floor. Several teams have purchased the floor to use as their home court. Duke purchased the floor the last time they won and sold small pieces of the floor through their bookstore.

Here's hoping they scrap the hideous idea of coloring inside the 3-point arc, especially the half-baked half-orange, half-blue motif.

The NCAA has been pleasantly understated in its past few Final Four designs. Florida should do likewise. Big Gator logo at center court, orange lanes and blue out-of-bounds.

Bingo. We have a winning idea here...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They have to put 2006 National Champions on the court at least for this upcoming season I hope. I think they need to not have the Gator head logo in three places on there. Do the Gator head at center court, then the scripts Gators or SEC logos above the arc along the sides. Make the paint blue, the lines orange, and make the wood two tone like the Seattle SuperSonics. I think that'd look great.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I am certainly feeling the #1 pre-season ranking and probably another National Championship next year...all the starters are coming back!!!

It's a real good time to be a UF fan/Alum.

I am also pumped about the purchase of the floor. I think that is very cool.

They have to put 2006 National Champions on the court at least for this upcoming season I hope. I think they need to not have the Gator head logo in three places on there. Do the Gator head at center court, then the scripts Gators or SEC logos above the arc along the sides. Make the paint blue, the lines orange, and make the wood two tone like the Seattle SuperSonics. I think that'd look great.

And finally, redo the roof so that natural light comes into the arena like back in the good ol' days...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What do teams do with their old floor when it's no longer needed?

at our school they put the old floor in the rec center for use by the public and the students. not sure how that works at bigger schools though.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I believe that they shop them around. Smaller colleges or even high schools buy them, re-finish them, and have a new court at reduced prices.

It's where I sit.

If they're smart and/or greedy, they chop it up into small pieces, mount them on another piece of wood, and sell them to alums/fans as memorabilia.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived