New Uni-Watch

brinkeguthrie

can you scroll down the page and click on the ray bourque pic link and please tell me what the circular sphere bubble thing is in Ray Bourque's feet?

apr13_playoffs10.jpg

Looks like a balloon that got on the ice somehow.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Jerry Hairston has been wearing a "34" inscription on his cap. This would presumably be in honor of the injured Kerry Wood.

This couldn't be in honor of Kirby Puckett? An untimely death seems much more likely of a cap inscription than an oft-injured pitcher, though I have no idea if Hairston was a Puckett fan.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

? Two weeks ago Uni Watch saluted the Royals for ditching all their ill-advised black trim and urged the Mets and Reds to do likewise. That prompted this dispatch from a reputable Reds source who prefers to remain anonymous: "The Reds' new ownership group is ready to dump black as one of the team's colors as soon as the 2006 season is over. If they didn't have so much black and red merchandise, they would have made the switch for this year. The best part? Navy blue is going to be the new third color, like in the days of old." You heard it here first, people. Now could someone please tell the Mets to get with the program already? ?

Is this really going to happen with the Reds? I don't like it. I don't like the black, but I don't like this any better. Simple RED AND WHITE, please?!

:cry:

Jerry Hairston has been wearing a "34" inscription on his cap. This would presumably be in honor of the injured Kerry Wood.

This couldn't be in honor of Kirby Puckett? An untimely death seems much more likely of a cap inscription than an oft-injured pitcher, though I have no idea if Hairston was a Puckett fan.

It is for Kirby Puckett.

And now they've been told to stop:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...1,5631486.story

EDIT: Also, I noticed that the Reds have been wearing short-sleeve versions of that

Nike dot-matrix stuff under their vests against the Cubs.

22896174.jpg

And Andy Abad didn't wear a number (54) on the front of his jersey like all the

other Reds again Thursday against the Cubs, which I mentioned in an earlier thread. I taped the game and took a screenshot I'll upload and post here later. I also sent an e-mail telling Paul Lukas all of the above, so maybe we can get the CC board some more pub. (I don't want any personally.)

Doesn't really matter, does it?

Either way, it's clearly against the rules.

Lukas notes that Northern Illinois' softball team has two-tone batting helmets, and therefore the Mets have company in that department. I wonder if he realizes that about 90% of college softball teams have two-tone helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Doesn't really matter, does it?

This question could be asked about 99% of the contents of a typical Uni Watch article. That's what makes them interesting.

True, but he had just finished reminding us that such cap modifications were clearly against the rules.

I was surprised that he didn't point that out in the discussion on this particular cap.

I'm pretty sure I know the Sean Heffernan who tipped him off on the mismatched sleeves on the Hopkins women's lacrosse jerseys, but I haven't run into him lately, so I have no idea if he is on the boards. If you're out there, Sean, hello (feel free to PM me so you can figure out who I am) and good catch.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived