Red Bull Cosmos?

zjac7

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/19/sports/s...r/19soccer.html

It is possible the team name could again be changed ? to Red Bull Cosmos ? because G. Peppe Pinton, who holds the Cosmos trademark rights, said in a telephone interview that he was willing "to give Franz whatever he wants."

A vomit-inducing name, that sounds like a vomit-inducing drink...

MLS is a house of cards.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually preferred Red Bull New York to all of the names before they were pressured into changing that name.

I was under the impression that they are officially "Red Bull New York" but referred to as the "New York Red Bulls" by fans and the media

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I was under the impression that they are officially "Red Bull New York" but referred to as the "New York Red Bulls" by fans and the media

Yeah, that's the arrangement... I really don't mind the current setup, I kind of like both names.

I actually preferred Red Bull New York to all of the names before they were pressured into changing that name.

The name of the organization is "Red Bull New York," but the players themselves are called "New York Red Bulls."

We've been discussing this ad naseum on soccer boards.

It's a manufactured story. The current owner of the name leaked this because he wants to sell it to Red Bull. There's no indication that Red Bull is interested in any way, shape or form.

It's a non-issue.

Thanks for the reassurance, Gothamite... yeah when you follow soccer you have to wade through a sea of BS sometimes, but when something makes the Times, I tend to take it a little more seriously than other rumors.

What a circus soccer in NYC is!

There's no way that this re-branding will ever take place.

First and foremost, Peppe Pinton seriously overestimates the number of soccer fans in Greater New York who are clamoring for the Cosmos brand to be resurrected. It has been 21 years since a Greater New York professional soccer club has taken to the pitch under the Cosmos banner. The number of soccer fans in the region for which the name Cosmos is still relevant has shrunken significantly... and continues to shrink.

Second, there's a reason that the team's new corporate owners re-branded the franchise the New York Red Bulls (aka Red Bull New York). The team is meant to be a marketing tool. Unless Red Bull International is about to launch a new beverage named "Cosmos Cola", it makes absolutely no sense for them to rename the club. The New York Red Bulls are meant to help promote the Red Bull brand. Period. Hence, the name.

This is why the MLS sucks

...or, rather, you took the opportunity--in this case, a basically fabricated story--to bash on soccer, something you can't even begin to understand.

Thanks for taking the cheap way out. As usual.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

...or, rather, you took the opportunity--in this case, a basically fabricated story--to bash on soccer, something you can't even begin to understand.

oh snap. B)

Thanks for that. Well said Mockba.

Archived