Crazy Thrashers Fan

paynomind

If you have been to a Thrashers game, you may remember a guy who sits at the top of the floor seats behind the 'attack twice' goal (section 121), who wears a huge afro wig. He won the last "Fan of the Game" the Thrashers did this year.

He made the fan appreciation video.

http://www.atlantathrashers.com/ Linked near the top of this page.

He appears at about 2:25 of the video for almost a full second.

Yes, its me.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well done, lad. Well done indeed. Well produced, good music choice, good action and fan shots. Looks like you captured the best of the spirit at the arena during Thrash games.

Of course, I feel lame complimenting you without dishing out an equal but opposite insult. So here goes...*

Your clown wig is like both your face and your movie. Poorly colored and laughable at best.

*i apologize profusely. it wouldn't be manly of me to do it any other way.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Rainbow, baby!

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

You should try to get a capure of that and post it as a sig pic or something.

Does anybody know how to do that? When I hit print screen, i get a blank box.

Help?

ΓΔΒ!

Help?

I tried screen capping your picture and found that I got something very weird where if I scrolled around the whole image, the movie screen stayed in place and the rest of my desktop moved around, and at times, in front of it.

Then I had the genius idea of screen capping the screen cap, thinking that it would flatten whatever was going on in the original. Needless to say, that didn't work either. So I tried taking a direct selection from the screen cap of your face... and when I copied and pasted the selection, it came back as a transparent box also.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Help?

I tried screen capping your picture and found that I got something very weird where if I scrolled around the whole image, the movie screen stayed in place and the rest of my desktop moved around, and at times, in front of it.

Then I had the genius idea of screen capping the screen cap, thinking that it would flatten whatever was going on in the original. Needless to say, that didn't work either. So I tried taking a direct selection from the screen cap of your face... and when I copied and pasted the selection, it came back as a transparent box also.

I tried the same sort of stuff as well, same results--then I remembered I have an old vidoe editting program on my computer I've actually never used (it came with the computer), but it didn't work either.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Help?

edit: payno.gif

It uploaded crappily, so you may want to do it yourself.

If you have Windows XP, you right click on the desktop, and then go to the settings tab. Then you click on advanced and it will bring up another window. From there, you click on the troubleshoot tab and then set the hardware accelerator to 'none'. It will mess with your desktop background and such, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Haha! Those other people around you look like they don't want to acknowledge you or have anything to do with you! Well done! :D

Having watched the video I have a few observations.

1) Thank GOD you weren't the shirtless guy who painted a bra on his fat self. :shocked:

2) For a team that didn't make the playoffs, the Thrashers look pretty exciting.

3) There seems to be a disporportionate number of colored afro wigs in Atlanta. Is there some sort of significant Drag Queen population down there that makes them so easy to buy?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Heh.. the people that sit down there are different every game. Sometimes they dont speak engligh. its weird, its like those are hockey training seats. They never have jerseys or stand a scream or anything. Odd seats.

1) I'm glad i'm not him either. I'm several pounds lighter, but if i continue my beer and bigmac ways, i might up up there. Funny thing is, he also painted a thing on his lower back, like it was sticking up out of his jeans. He was on the big screen several times during that game, but wasnt ever featured before or since.

2) The team, the arena, and the fans do a pretty good job of creating the excitement you'd want for a hockey team. The fans are perceivably more intelligent and more excitable as the years go on. I reall think lots fo people are learnign the game. There are still plenty of idiots ther,e but there always will be, in any building. I just wish they'd give partial credit to season tix holders who make the team aware they arent gonna show, then sell those seats day of game to fill up all around the glass. Why dont teams do that?

3)Well, the ATL shot aside (;) ) I really, honestly, am deluded to the point that I think I started that. I've been coming to games and acting a fool in my rainbow wig since the first season. back then, everyone had a jersey (they were given with season tix purchase) but no one dressed up, or acted up much. I've been in the media guide, on the video screen, and fan of the game. Me and a buddy made a sign for the season after Dan Snyder died that got a mention in ESPN the Magazine. I've been a big fan. Point being, I dont remember seeing ANY afro wigs for the first couple years. Then, some black ones woudl show up, or the occational flat, palstic bag version. But I always had the most glorious. Then, this year, they started selling the light blue ones int he store, and now they are scattered throughout the arena. Apparently the camera easily finds the afro wig wearers.

Next year, i'm going giant blue foan cowboy hat, with rainbow wig hair sticking out the sides and back.

Look for me.

:P

ΓΔΒ!

Crazier then this guy?

bernieliljon0417064606ua.jpg

No, there is no way I'm gonna be crazier than Sgt. John Taggart...

or Lil John.

ΓΔΒ!

Help?

edit: payno.gif

It uploaded crappily, so you may want to do it yourself.

If you have Windows XP, you right click on the desktop, and then go to the settings tab. Then you click on advanced and it will bring up another window. From there, you click on the troubleshoot tab and then set the hardware accelerator to 'none'. It will mess with your desktop background and such, though.

That's you?!

I always spot you out of that huge group in that area in the rare occasion that I hit up a Thrashers Game, but I just thought you were some random "John 3:16" guy. Now I know that its payno...Learn somethin new everyday

Heh.. the people that sit down there are different every game. Sometimes they dont speak engligh. its weird, its like those are hockey training seats. They never have jerseys or stand a scream or anything. Odd seats.

1) I'm glad i'm not him either. I'm several pounds lighter, but if i continue my beer and bigmac ways, i might up up there. Funny thing is, he also painted a thing on his lower back, like it was sticking up out of his jeans. He was on the big screen several times during that game, but wasnt ever featured before or since.

2) The team, the arena, and the fans do a pretty good job of creating the excitement you'd want for a hockey team. The fans are perceivably more intelligent and more excitable as the years go on. I reall think lots fo people are learnign the game. There are still plenty of idiots ther,e but there always will be, in any building. I just wish they'd give partial credit to season tix holders who make the team aware they arent gonna show, then sell those seats day of game to fill up all around the glass. Why dont teams do that?

3)Well, the ATL shot aside (;) ) I really, honestly, am deluded to the point that I think I started that. I've been coming to games and acting a fool in my rainbow wig since the first season. back then, everyone had a jersey (they were given with season tix purchase) but no one dressed up, or acted up much. I've been in the media guide, on the video screen, and fan of the game. Me and a buddy made a sign for the season after Dan Snyder died that got a mention in ESPN the Magazine. I've been a big fan. Point being, I dont remember seeing ANY afro wigs for the first couple years. Then, some black ones woudl show up, or the occational flat, palstic bag version. But I always had the most glorious. Then, this year, they started selling the light blue ones int he store, and now they are scattered throughout the arena. Apparently the camera easily finds the afro wig wearers.

Next year, i'm going giant blue foan cowboy hat, with rainbow wig hair sticking out the sides and back.

Look for me.

:P

I know who you are.

The wig craze really begin when some guy in section 113 (or 114, one of the two...the section just to the right of where Rabid Fan sat before he moved to behind the goal this season) would bring in a dozen of those blue and white wigs for Pasi's Posse and hand them out to the surrounding seats, then get them back for the next game. And they started selling the wigs this season, as you mentioned, but had to change them before the season began (They were originally blue and white, but nixed that once Pasi screwed up his knee) to the solid blue.

Just an aside....have you ever seen Don Waddell's daughter? She's pretty hot, and loves to talk hockey....what's not to like about that?

Well done, lad. Well done indeed. Well produced, good music choice, good action and fan shots. Looks like you captured the best of the spirit at the arena during Thrash games.

payno, did you actually make (as in produce and edit) the video?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived