Blue Jays Logo Concept

Nick 1733

Alright, I figured I should actually put together a logo for my Arena team that was actually a Blue Jay instead of my Cardinal logo. So here's what I've got, I'm putting it up to get some honest C&C to perfect it.

For reference, here's the image I used for reference.

http://www.clipartxp.com/Birds/BLUEJAY.jpg

bluejays-1.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 thoughts

1-the lighter blue wedge is a tad too big... it seems forced in there and doesn't seem to flow

2-thin out the outer blue outline around the eye. It makes the bird look like it's wearing glasses

other than that, this is pretty gosh darn awesome.

VmWIn6B.png

I dunno...something seems to be missing. If you make the rest of the body, or somehow resape where the head ends it would work a little better. While I'm not a fan of the more realistic approach, I still think it is very well done. Try tweaking the neck and you may have a real flawless concept.

EDIT: I now remember what this reminds me of, the Jackle Mask the ancient Eqyptians wore during ceremonies. If you make it less mask like...or human profile like it will be truely awesome!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

In my opinion, I think the latest tweak with the eye is a step backward. If you're intent on having the two-tone eye (which could work I think), you need to make the silver crescent wrap farther around the eye to make the blue "pupil" stand out more. Right now it's just a blob where the eye is supposed to be right now. It's a subtle difference but I think it would make it better. Great job overall.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Looks nice Nick, only thing I would do was to make it look a tad meaner (fiercer), like what the AZ Cardinals did with their update, but I'll leave it up to you.

I completely agree...it just doesn't look intimidating at all. Great work thus far though, you have a great base to build upon.

Looks nice Nick, only thing I would do was to make it look a tad meaner (fiercer), like what the AZ Cardinals did with their update, but I'll leave it up to you.

I completely agree...it just doesn't look intimidating at all. Great work thus far though, you have a great base to build upon.

I agree, make it look more fierce, it looks great so far. Can't wait to see the RM Bluejays with a wordmark as well ;)

This logo looks really nice. I have to agree with epiphanic, the two toned eye looks better, and it does need to look a little fiercer IMO, other than that this is very nice, a huge improvement from what the Jays have now.

It's rendered well. My main complaint about this logo is the GIGANTIC CHIN!!!! I would get rid of that bottom left thing altogether.

I also wouldn't use the last eye you made there. It looks too feminine with those faux eyelashes. That little dark blue streak above the eye though, I'd use that.

Just those two changes would make it look much cooler.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

A. I think this is too ambiguous in style. It's not all that iconic, but also not terribly detailed. It floats in a middle ground somewhere between 'logo' and 'illustration.' I think you need to choose one or the other and develop it that way instead of trying to tiptoe along this stylistic fence.

B. I think this bird has too many human characteristics. The cheek, the eye, the brow, the forehead, the shoulder. More reference. More research. More sketches.

C. The way the bottom is cut is not very aesthetically pleasing and does not serve any purpose in helping the image. Also, I don't know that the rounded outline is the best choice, here. The light blue highlights on the head make the bird look shiny and plastic.

mcqblujay.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived