Toronto Blue Jays Concept

GFB

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like 'em, but I prefer having red in the trim as well as in the maple leaf. Really, I guess I'd just go back to either of the two original Blue Jays logos, either from the 70s and 80s, Roger Clemens look. I always loved both of those unis, with personal preference being with the Joe Carter look.

The original concepts, I love it. The piping on the changed concepts look great, but could the piped numbers only incorporate on the alternates? Sort of make the alternate a retro jersey, and keep the normal unis with the original concept numbers, I liked those.

And I'm anti-red too. I thought it was a good idea too, but after seeing the concepts with red, I'd rather not have it.

Wade-sig.png

Thanks to everyone for the reviews, I think I might have a new home here..... :grin:

blue-jays-concept.png

Anyway, I made some changes. Back also is the piped retro numbers! I actually like these numbers better than the original. The back lettering has also been fixed (I just don't recall ever seeing an MLB club with letters arched like this).

Regarding some of the comments.....

1. I tried piping on the lettering, but it didn't look right with the font....

2. I won't be putting any red in this concept. Why? Because I believe that if you name you team the BLUE Jays, your colors should be blue. I know there is the whole Canada thing, but then why name your team the Blue Jays if you want red in the color scheme?

3. The white on the alt & BP caps are just to give a different look. The BP ones would never be used in the game, and I think the alt is very ghetto....

Thanks to all again.....

Cool concept... way better than what they have now!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Nice work,

The one thing that has been bugging me is the light blue outline on the bird head on the leaf. If you could move the light blue outline to the back so the royal blue outlines connect it would look alot better.

Then have the light blue outline encompass the whole thing.

I really like this look, I think it would be a definite upgrade from what they have now. I think it needs some kind of accent to make the lettering stand out. I'm not sure if I would go with red or black or either for that matter but trim of some kind would top this off. Great Job!

My bad I replied before I saw the red. I really like it but i think the red outlines could be a little thinner just so they would be more subdued. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to see this with a black accent for grins.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I really like it but i think the red outlines could be a little thinner just so they would be more subdued.

I second that motion.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived