Wow... Stripes on football pants

otherwilds

University of Tennessee football has brought back the old two orange stripe pants that were drooped a few years back in favor of all white with the Power T in orange on the thigh.

I always liked those pants and hope they keep them. But that will most likely be determined by winning or losing today. UT tends to be very superstitious about things like that. Some where in Neyland they have locked away some orange Nike cleats they brought out for an Alabama game that resulted in a thrashing by the Crimson Tide.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Did anybody notice the UT QB's and a few other players wearing a small patch on their right chest? Kinda looked like a torch, maybe for academics? I haven't really seen something like that other then on a high school letterman jacket. And if they are superstitious they'll be keeping those pants after that asswhipping.

Did anybody notice the UT QB's and a few other players wearing a small patch on their right chest? Kinda looked like a torch, maybe for academics? I haven't really seen something like that other then on a high school letterman jacket. And if they are superstitious they'll be keeping those pants after that asswhipping.

The patches are for those with a 3.0 GPA or higher. Here's the story:

http://utsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/s.../090106aaf.html

I remember reading about Arizona State doing something similar a few years back, their version's called the Scholar Baller program. As Alpha would say, good on ya, Vols B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Last year didnt they have a graduation cap on the back of some players helmets? For those already graduated or with good gpas?

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Some where in Neyland they have locked away some orange Nike cleats they brought out for an Alabama game that resulted in a thrashing by the Crimson Tide.

probably locked away with those orange cleats are the illegal cleats they wore in the Citrus Bowl against Ohio State.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Stripes...I like. The GPA thing, not a fan of. Most of these kids are here for NFL training and are taking basketweaving or getting top notch tutors. It isn't a bad idea for a small sticker on the back of the helmet. Leave the special patches for the boys in the armed forces.

KISSwall09.jpg

JohnnyFriedRice is too cool for this board. He should ascend beyond it.

Does he (JohnnyFriedRice) ever contribute anything other than sarcasm?

Why is he here if he hates us? I don't understand why he would spend his time posting if he doesn't like the board.

(The pants look good. The stripes add needed flair to the Vols unis.)

Some where in Neyland they have locked away some orange Nike cleats they brought out for an Alabama game that resulted in a thrashing by the Crimson Tide.

probably locked away with those orange cleats are the illegal cleats they wore in the Citrus Bowl against Ohio State.

As one who grew up in Ohio and one who has many obnoxious OSU fans as relatives, why doesn't a comment like this surprise me? It's pretty pitiful that it's been close to 10 years since we gave you guys that beating in the Citrus Bowl, and you're still WHINING about the supposed illegal cleats. Just because the souls had orange on them instead of red, that made the cleats 1/2 inch too long. Uh, last time I checked, UT's colors were orange and white, weren't they? Editorial comment is over.

As for the stripes on the pants, I have always wanted the Vols to return the stripes on the home unis. They looked awesome and I love the stickers for the scholar athletes as well.

As one who grew up in Ohio and one who has many obnoxious OSU fans as relatives, why doesn't a comment like this surprise me? It's pretty pitiful that it's been close to 10 years since we gave you guys that beating in the Citrus Bowl, and you're still WHINING about the supposed illegal cleats. Just because the souls had orange on them instead of red, that made the cleats 1/2 inch too long. Uh, last time I checked, UT's colors were orange and white, weren't they? Editorial comment is over.

"You can't spell 'Citrus' without 'UT'." -Steve Spurrier

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

if i would have known about the switch to stripes on the pants before watching it, i would have not approved. however, when i saw it during the game saturday, i was pleasantly surprised. it really looked sharp. reminds you of the volunteers from the 80's but in a good way.

SignatureCCSL.png

Archived