Sick of jerseys with no sleeves!

Blue Falcon

When that chubbo from the Ravens picked off the pass and "ran" down the field (before getting stripped of the ball by Ray Lewis, his own friggin' teammate) he then proceeded to flop on the ground with his arms splayed wide.

And what did we get to see? All of his friggin' armpit hair since he had cut his jersey sleeves down so much that his jersey resembles a wifebeater.

RIDICULOUS!! Goodell needs to get off his @$$ and fine this slobbery!! :cursing:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

You know the sleeves are getting pathetically short, when the strips on the browns sleeves cant do a wraparound.

Or the Steelers, for that matter. Or the Lions, or the Colts (well, acually that's because of the cut of the jersey template, but that's for another discussion), or some of the Packers--for Christ's sake, half the Jaguars players' "sleeve" trim doesn't go all the way around.

Welcome to the evelcing NFL. Ol' boy coulda been like Chris Hovan and have no sleeves whatsoever though...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

No kidding - the NFL will fine you for showing not enough sock, or exposing your knees, but jersey cuts exposing the hairy armpits of 300lb linemen are kosher. Is that about it? :rolleyes:

that's just it. teams like the steelers and browns are having their sleeve stripe designs comprimised by the shortening of sleeves. It used to be that they would get a jersey, design intact, and then adapt it to the players personal size preference. Now they adapt jersey design to fit the players personal preference. If you like a loose jersey the stripes will look like this. If you look like a tight jersey, the stripes will look like this.

for example Carson Palmer and Bryan Robinson aren't wearing the same uniform here.

gallery060910-15.jpg

gallery060910-18.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I noticed on Sunday that the continued shortening of sleeves has gotten so out of hand, most players on the Bears had only the top stripe visible. Some also had the orange center stripe in plain sight, and a rare few had all three stripes - though with the third on an elastic cuff, making it look rather out of place.

This annoys me for two reasons. First off, it screws with one of the best uniforms in the league - and that's coming from a lifelong Packer fan. Second, it obscures the "GSH" that is part of the sleeve striping - thereby marring a tribute to the team (and league) founder that has been part of this fantastic uniform for over 20 years. It seems that if this trend continues, the Bears will have to bump their sleeve numbers up to the shoulders if any striping is to be visible.

Another major casualty of sleeve erosion: the Redskins. Those nice, thick stripes on their sleeves have been reduced to pencil-thin trim on the cuffs, except for Mark Brunell. And as mac2 pointed out, then you've got two players on the same team wearing different uniforms. And yet the NFL fashion police consider this permissable?

5 years from now, all football jerseys will be the equivalent of muscle tees, with numbers on the shoulders and contrasting color blocks passing for design and decoration. Stripes will be a quaint notion, reserved for retail throwback jerseys. And that's just pathetic.

Wear sleeves. I promise you won't slow down. If Walter Payton could do what he did with fabric looming dangerously close to his elbow, so can you.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Easily Hovan is the worst offender. Teams with tradition seem to be the only ones left with stripes (Steelers, etc). When teams remodel, stripes are gone (Broncos) or used just as the cuff color (Bucs/Dolphins). I like the way the Bucs do it. You have a patch, you have a color break on the sleeve. You'd think you'd want a big sleeve if you're a lineman. Wouldn't that make holding more visible? Heck, as a runner, they'd probably outlaw tackling by the sleeve too.

KISSwall09.jpg

The NFL could easily make a sleeve-length rule about this, and make it even for everybody. If you can be brought down by your sleeve, then so can your opponent.

As was said earlier, we're talking about a league that is extremely picky about what the players and coaches wear. It's amazing they haven't regulated the sleeve length.

I'm assuing people don't wear sleeves anymore because players can grab you by them and pull you down/slow you up. Just a guess. If that's the case, good luck getting them to go back.

If that's the case, screw uniforms in general and have 'em running around greased up and naked. Can't hold that (err, I think so).

It's also a mobility issue. You'll notice that it's mostly Linemen and Linebackers who are the offenders. As a former "Fatty Lineman" myself, I can assure you the less material you have binding your arms, the better. This doesn't mean I condone removing sleeves all-together, so calm down guys.

It's also a mobility issue. You'll notice that it's mostly Linemen and Linebackers who are the offenders. As a former "Fatty Lineman" myself, I can assure you the less material you have binding your arms, the better. This doesn't mean I condone removing sleeves all-together, so calm down guys.

Agreed. I played o line with sleeves and without and much prefered not having sleeves.

All NFL teams issue jerseys based on players' preference. For example, in the Bengals photo Robinson may like cap sleeves because it gives the blocker less to grab at, and Palmer may like the standard lineman sleeve because he is able to move his arms around better in them.

When that chubbo from the Ravens picked off the pass and "ran" down the field (before getting stripped of the ball by Ray Lewis, his own friggin' teammate) he then proceeded to flop on the ground with his arms splayed wide.

And what did we get to see? All of his friggin' armpit hair since he had cut his jersey sleeves down so much that his jersey resembles a wifebeater.

RIDICULOUS!! Goodell needs to get off his @$$ and fine this slobbery!! :cursing:

First thing that chubbo has a name and its Kelly Gregg and he is a linebacker its hard to run far he ran like 60 yards. I bet you couldn't do that with people chasing you.

bmoresig.png

'and they don't question what I say cause I'm a ladies Pimp"

this isnt an issue concerning opponents holding people, it is an issue that concerns refs not calling holding, because last i knew that was against the rules. the refs need to know that they are effecting the way the players look. we need some jersey conscious refs in the NFL now!

Thousands of players got just fine playing with sleaves up until the mid/late 1990's. So I'm not buying it.

I knew it the first day I saw it: the elastic added to the sleaves would be the downfall of NFL uniforms.

All NFL teams issue jerseys based on players' preference. For example, in the Bengals photo Robinson may like cap sleeves because it gives the blocker less to grab at, and Palmer may like the standard lineman sleeve because he is able to move his arms around better in them.

I have no problem with what kind of jersey he wears, my issue is when the overall design is compromised because of the different types of jerseys. Why can't the bengals make Robinson's jersey have the same striping on the sleeves as Palmer's jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

No kidding - the NFL will fine you for showing not enough sock, or exposing your knees, but jersey cuts exposing the hairy armpits of 300lb linemen are kosher. Is that about it? :rolleyes:

Actually, the NFL has softened up WAY too much on the sock fines.

I remember the return man for the Broncos in 97 or 98 got fined because his socks were too low (the navy went down to his ankles).

Now, about a third of players wear their socks like that. Another third wear them too high (with only a few inches of color showing), and only a third wear the socks the right way. There are even some fools who get away with wearing solid color socks. I think the NFL should go back to fining the hell out of anyone who doesn't show a certain amount of white and a certain amount of color, but that has nothing to do with the sleeves. The NFL should crack down more on the sleeves, too.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This thread does NOT need pictures... :D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived