NY Rangers will wear Puerto Rico Flag on sholder

DEAD!

oh and playing baseball in CANADA is great, eh :flagusa:

[cough] '92 and '93 World Series [cough\]

Back on topic. I say anything that attracts more people to the game is good for the game. The reason that they aren't palying in Hartford, for example, is that it's already a place where hockey is popular. Many people in Puerto Rico may have never seen a hockey game, or at least not a professional calibre game. If this opens their eyes to the game, then I'm all for it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will Florida? Seems kind of weird that the "home" team might not.

And is singing "O Canada" when a Canadian team comes to play in America a "shameless marketing ploy?" Puerto Rico has never seen hockey before, let them feel welcome to it.

So they need a stupid patch to feel "welcome" to the sport?

Either they like hockey or they don't. Some dumb patch HOPEFULLY isn't that big of a mindchanger for some people.

Florida has no patch.

The stands are pretty well packed from what I can see.

The crowd is very into the game, getting especially loud after big hits and when scuffles break out. The PA announcer is doing a great job of explaining indepth what the whistles are for and the various rules(with my limited spanish capabilities).

the people that think expanding the fan base to US held territories are acting quite blockheaded in this thread. remember this sia territory that recently voted down the initial steps toward statehood but certainly may do so again. Also keep in mind, their citizens hold US citizenship.

Why the hell would they want to play a hockey game in Puerto Rico? I could see a game played in Japan, but Puerto Rico?

Why don't they play a game in Mexico while they're at it. They might as well wear shoes on surfboards.

...makes you wonder, eh? ^_^

Quebec_Rafales.gif

Just makes me miss the Atlanta Knights.

And the Detroit Vipers, and the Orlando Solar Bears, and the Kansas City Blades.

But not the San Antonio Dragons.

Oh god, the Dragons. *cringes*

I can't wait until we develop two things.

? Teleportation devices that make travel from, say, New York to Moscow, last only about 3 seconds.

and

? A new world order where all the world's economic structures are equal.

Then we can have a true World Hockey League with true "world champions." Just a huge league with tons of teams from everywhere imaginable. Yeah... [cartman] awesome...[/cartman]

Archived