Tiki Barber to retire

TBGKon

Is this a Robert Smith retirement, where a player truly retires in his prime because he's a smart guy who has the opportunity for success in other areas and wants to be able to walk when he's 40? Or is this a Brett Favre retirement, where a player claims he's seriously debating retiring for 5 seasons in a row to milk the drama/keep his name in the headlines/miss spring practices, then decides that he just figured out he really loves the game and he's coming back?

Either way, it's pretty stupid to talk about it during the season.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Oh, he's in his prime alright. Ripped us for 185 yards on Sunday, I have no doubt in my mind that Tiki Barber is in his prime. As a fan of the team he just devoured, I have to say "HOORAY, GOOD RIDDANCE, now we can beat up on Eli some more."

But as a fan of the game, I have to say that it's sad to see him go. He really was a class act, and he's retiring just when he finally lost that fumblitis and became a truly elite running back in the NFL, and a class act as well. We'll miss him, that's for sure.

Lets just hope he retires and not "graduates".

Junior Seau is an idiot.

That had to have been the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's not like he was MJ or any other athlete who took some time off, then decided to come back later, but this fool right here decided to come back less than a month after, and goes back to being irrelevant with the Patriots. Dumb move.

Oh, he's in his prime alright. Ripped us for 185 yards on Sunday, I have no doubt in my mind that Tiki Barber is in his prime. As a fan of the team he just devoured, I have to say "HOORAY, GOOD RIDDANCE, now we can beat up on Eli some more."

But as a fan of the game, I have to say that it's sad to see him go. He really was a class act, and he's retiring just when he finally lost that fumblitis and became a truly elite running back in the NFL, and a class act as well. We'll miss him, that's for sure.

Very nicely put. Well done. Completely agree.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

You had me scared there. I read it as though, he's retiring now, making my fantasy football team at 1-5 even worse. I can live with the end of the season.

It is tough to see such a good back go though.

Same with me but I am 3-3 with Tiki helping out alot. He is really a good guy though. I heard he wants to get into broadcasting.

saBS.png

Well, Jacobs (the other Giants RB) is starting to shine a bit so this isn't totally devastating.

Now that guy was scary. He was running us over like it was nothing...

...then again, that's what almost any decent back can do against our Run D. <_<

Well, Jacobs (the other Giants RB) is starting to shine a bit so this isn't totally devastating.

Jacobs is a good change of pace back, but he isn't versatile enough to be a top-level NFL starter. To make it worse, he appears to have inherited Barber's former fumbleitis. Look for Eli to feel some hurtin' next year. Luckily, he makes good decisions under pressure. :D

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Seau looked dumb doing it but Clemens looks great? Also, Barry Sanders retired and there was no argument for him going to Canton. I think Tiki would have a hard time getting in right now.

Wasn't Barry in 2nd place in all-time rushing yards when he retired?

I'd say that's a pretty good arguement.

Archived