DePaul's new basketball uniforms

TimBoyee

The Blue Demons men?s team will unveil their new uniforms at the annual Tip-Off Luncheon on October 31st. The new Adidas manufactured uniforms will feature a throwback or retro look with a return to the horizontal striping on the side of the uniform that many DePaul fans remember from the 70?s and 80?s.

credit:wearedepaul.com

Photos of the new unis can be found at: http://depaulbluedemons.com/article.asp?CatID=1&ID=3070

Source:DePaul Athletic Site

DePaul's Men's Basketball team will get new retro uniforms by adidas being unveiled on 10/31. They should have the horizontal side stripes from the unis of the 70s and 80s.

6f_1_b.JPG

8a_1_b.JPG

Oooh! Nifty. Though I have to say, they've been looking pretty slick since they ditched the black.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

DePaul's Men's Basketball team will get new retro uniforms by adidas being unveiled on 10/31. They should have the horizontal side stripes from the unis of the 70s and 80s.

That's impossible. We don't have a template for that. How do you expect us to make a basketball uniform without a template.

:wacko:

Well, here they are...

patches.jpg

I don't think the modern font matches the 70s style stripes.

DePaul also unveiled commemorative patches for the late Ray Meyer and Maggie Dixon. Oddly, the patch the men's team will wear makes no mention of Dixon, but the women's patch mentions Meyer. (The men's patch is on the left.)

MeyerDixonpatches.jpg

Well, here they are...

patches.jpg

Swing and a miss. Might as well have kept last year's models, if they were going to half-arse the update in such a fashion. The women's uni looks better than the men's.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Didn't DePaul at one time have a black uniform? Hopefully, they got rid of that.

Otherwise, the modern font on the throwback style looks almost 1995-Grizzlies-esque. I don't know their provider, but at this point, I'm just happy when any school going for an update avoids the Nike template.

Speaking of, has the Nike template invaded the Big East yet? I've only seen it in the Big Ten, ACC and SEC. Hopefully it stays there.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Speaking of, has the Nike template invaded the Big East yet? I've only seen it in the Big Ten, ACC and SEC. Hopefully it stays there.

Georgetown is the only one that has it to my knowledge.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I actually like them. But then I'm so old I remember when this style uniform was really "in." Goes to show you that some styles from the "Fabulous '50s" can still look good!

Note to Marquette fan- You've got nerve in criticizing DePaul given the "maternity tops" with the short shorts that McGuire's boys wore in the 1970s.

I gotta say I'm kind of surprised by the candy cane look of the road uni I like the striping on the home uni. I was a huge fan of the Corbin/Cummings era teams and loved their unis. The red-white-blue striping of that era looked much better, plus the stripes were slightly larger.

I wonder though if the candy cane look was their look in the 50s or 60s? I can't find any background about this new uni or their old unis on the web. Didn't some college teams have this kind of striping in the 50s and 60s? I like these better than the stuff that they have been wearing since the 90s. You will certainly know it is them if you see them on ESPN. Those who hate the striping have no history. :P

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived