Question About USF Logo

iowahoo

usfLogo.jpg

I always assumed, or I guess hoped/wished, that the negative space in this logo was meant to be the state of Florida. Is that true? If it is not I think they missed an opportunity, also if it is not, what the hell is it? Why have the dip in the negative space there? Would they be trying to come up with their own "u"?

I like this logo, it is a major upgrade over the old goat logo (always thought he looked demented).

180px-SFl_2707.gif

I am a big fan of conetext and geography and think it is cool when you can represent that in a logo.

fade.gif

I actually think it starts looking kinda phallic...but then again so does the state of Florida if you look at it on a map. :rolleyes:

Florida: America's wang.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I actually think it starts looking kinda phallic...but then again so does the state of Florida if you look at it on a map. :rolleyes:

Florida: America's wang.

Do the CC Boards have some sort of Awards Ceremony?

If so I nominate this for the "best short response."

I am dying laughing over here.

usfLogo.jpg

I always assumed, or I guess hoped/wished, that the negative space in this logo was meant to be the state of Florida. Is that true? If it is not I think they missed an opportunity, also if it is not, what the hell is it? Why have the dip in the negative space there? Would they be trying to come up with their own "u"?

I like this logo, it is a major upgrade over the old goat logo (always thought he looked demented).

180px-SFl_2707.gif

I am a big fan of conetext and geography and think it is cool when you can represent that in a logo.

It was always meant to be a U/bull hybrid.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I always thought the negative space looks like the tower at the University of Texas here in Austin:

Funny, I thought the same thing.

Molding the empty space into the shape of Florida would be a very good idea.

FsQiF2W.png

I'm still not sure why USF and Miami both think they needed to make their main logo the letter U anyway... Seems like they are emphasizing the wrong part of their identity.

Totally agree.

FsQiF2W.png

I'm still not sure why USF and Miami both think they needed to make their main logo the letter U anyway... Seems like they are emphasizing the wrong part of their identity.

At least USF was able to work in their nickname, ie the bull horns.

I don't think the boards are going to mail an award to the writers of The Simpsons.

(shaking fist) ...because if they do.... <_<

I'll mace you good!

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived