D-Backs Unis revealed weds.

D123

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad to see the end of pinstripes in the D-backs unis, especially on the roads. Otherwise, I don't see this as an upgrade. The black layer on the road and red alternate is too heavy. I would have been happier also with front numbers and players names in a standard block font.

If they had done these in the original colors, they would have been better...but nobody called me!

And the Orioles "O's" hat is simply...an abomination that should g-o a-w-a-y!

Wow it really is amazing how similar they are to the astros set. And I know 13 teams use Navy and red but none of them did a redesign to navy and red. They've all used those colors since almost inception. If you are a modern designer, with all the market research and options available to you, why would you copy another redesign.

Can you say....GANSTA WEAR IN MARICOPA COUNTY????

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

I like the change, I'm getting the sedona red hat as soon as I can.

Interesting tid bit they had the predsident of the D'Backs on the local ABC last night before the debuted the uniforms and he said about a year and a half ago they went to MLB and wanted to have a Sunday Red jersey, the league loved it and with all the troubles with how purple was displayed on tv and the merchandise production they went with a new scheme.

arizonawildcatsbs4.png

Not putting the db snake logo onto the hats is opportunity lost. That logo could last for decades because it's clever yet simple.

liverpool-1.png

Diamondbacks Bring Red, Black to NL West -- Eric Peterson, sportslogos.net

Arizona Diamondbacks Logos -- sportslogos.net

Very nice job on the story, Eric. Very thorough... with some good insights. I look forward to more exclusive CCSLC coverage of these events. Who's going to Cincy? :)

(And is it still true the Cubs will actually 'unveil' something Nov. 15?)

I have already done this on my own forum, but someone brought up the similarity in colors between the new D-backs and the Coyotes. Here's the comparison, along with the Astros for good measure:

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

PhoenixCoyotes_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

HoustonAstros_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

So is it the jersey that looks like the astros or the color? I could understand the jerseys, and I hope they make changes next year because so far they have a good concept to start off with. I just hope that they:

-Add the sleeve stripe. AKA the snake skin scheme.

-Try to arch the script in Arizona a bit and D-backs to make it seem more creative.

-Make the D-backs into D-BACKS

-Make the snake head of the D less cartoon-like

-Put jersey piping like the Red Sox

-Kill the red Alt.

Colorado absolutely should turn the dial on their purple up to 11, turn the black down to about 3, and the silver up to 7. And then they should make a big pile of every alternate jersey they have ever worn, made, or sold to the public. And burn that pile until nothing is left but a gooey sludge of charred petrochemicals and a hazy layer of thick black polyester smoke drifting gently downwind onto the Great Plains. Then they should identify every single person in the entire uniform-choosing process who did not resign or commit hari-kiri rather than let their alternate jersey monstrosities come into being, and they should arrange for all of these people to be quietly transferred to the University of Oregon's uniform department, where they can hardly do any more damage to America.

So what's your opinion on Kingman?

LMFAO!!!!!

I just had to draw attention to your Kingman response, because if you are refering to what I think you're refering to this may be one of the most subtle and funniest responses to any post I have ever read. This is due impart to what the reference entails (i.e. that fat ass Lasorda going absolutely bonkers on a journalist)

my vote for response of the year.

1. I can't wait till people STOP incessantly comparing the Astros and DBacks unis. Hopefully it will happen in my lifetime.

2. The D-Backs' version of the colors are much better than the Astros' version

3. I don't see why people care if a team has a letter on their cap refering to the nickname of the team. I feel it is pretty insignificant especially with the D-Backs. Almost EVERYONE in Arizona calls them the 'D-Backs' anyway so it only makes sense.

4. Whoever said Stadiums are a great investment for a city (if anyone) should remember the Alamo (Dome)and Olympic Stadium in Montreal just to name a couple.

Archived