D-Backs Unis revealed weds.

D123

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon further review, an admittedly disjointed series of thoughts:

What was wrong with the old "A" logo?

Well, first of all, putting the city name on a home uniform isn't smart. (Cue Arizona "A")

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

2. Blue is not a space-age color. If you can see blue, you're not in space

aaaaand....I've never seen a blue bear, or a fisherman with orange skin, or a green deer. addin to that, I've yet to see a no-neck turkey or a silver eagle. goin down the list, cowboys don't wear stars, I've never seen a red hawk holding a basketball in the wild, nor have I seen a red raptor wearing a basketball uni dribbling a basketball. and for completeness' sake, the name of the city I live in is French for "root" but is most famous for a Danish delicacy.

In summary...your point is? ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Although I do consider it an upgrade, I'm not feeling these as much as I had thought I would. I don't like the font used for the wordmark much at all, to be honest. I love the updated snake and the color change, I might add. The black alt could be done without.

I like these even more than when I first saw these two months ago in a thread that can't be found on a site that won't be named.

I like the thicker black border on the road and alt... I think that helps differentiate from the Astros (at least when I look at it). Strange that the home uni doesn't have that.

I like the red cap with the black logo and the black cap with the old A logo -- both work better than the previous versions because both logos are clearly visible. I don't mind newer teams being a bit different, if that's what you call a darker logo on a lighter cap. If the D was sand, it's look even more Astro-ish.

Keeping the D and A logos mostly the same is good -- and it's actually what makes me like the black jersey. It's not like Arizona hasn't already used one -- but the design of the black jersey paired with the A cap is a tie to the past. I'm not a fan of wholesale changes of teams with even the slightest bit of history -- in this case, 1 title. The logos and the black uni keep a strong tie to that era... and I think that's good. Also, fans with old black caps and jerseys will not look too out of place at the games. The purple will still stand out, but at least one color survived and another (sand) could almost pass as copper.

Using D-backs isn't the greatest solution but I think it beats the original stacked DIAMOND-BACKS wordmark on the jerseys and as someone else pointed out, using a diamond as a hyphen was a nice, subtle touch that gets the full name across.

I think the old uni combos were a mess, so these are a major upgrade in my book.

Why would a team choose another team's color scheme on purpose for their remake?

6dlxgmecbzj3i8f3h483.gif1091.gif

They're even in the same league!

At least the many red/white/blue colored teams have had decades to create their own identities.

How do you seperate yourself from a team that addopted those colors only 6 years ago, and your

team hasn't even been around a decade?

Archived