D-Backs Unis revealed weds.

D123

I wonder when the bp hats with the db logo will be unveiled (I am just guessing the db logo would be on the bp hat)

Word. The hats with the "db" logo will look sweet on bp and alt. hats. I saw a mock-up version of the "db" hat on another post earlier this year. Until then...I already order both hats and can't wait to get my hands on a red Eric Byrnes jersey.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This rule. Seriously, these are some of the best unis in baseball. I'm not crazy about the shortened name on homes and red alts, but I can live with it.

The "db/snake" logo rules. Pure genius. The only thing I don't like is the fact that they kept the "A". It doesn't fit in with any of the new stuff. They should have just ditched it all together. Other then that, this redesign is near perfect.

Wow. Thanks for that. I don't really have an opinion on the new D-Backs set because, as shown above, it's totally unremarkable. The hats are decent, but certainly nothing new.

My initial reaction? Eh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

W/ help from Chris and SportsLogos.net, I got to attend tonight's event. Plenty of celebs, booze and schwag were on hand. I picked up several of the new red caps. They were still made of wool, no polyester.

The pics on the Arizona website give a good look at the fronts of the jerseys, better than what I got. My photo quality is only OK, but I did get some shots of the backs of the uniforms.

292841321_aecdf8e610.jpg

Conor Jackson on the red carpet before the unveiling

292846223_30130cc828.jpg

Home jerseys have red letters trimmed in black w/ black numerals trimmed in red.

292846224_4ee3c774ae.jpg

Same for the road greys.

292846231_1dbe1a7ede.jpg

Red alts feature black letters trimmed in sand w/ sand numerals trimmed in black.

292846236_eb5a758c16.jpg

Me and Gracie.

292848154_14b1592f9b.jpg

O-Dawg has much love for Toronto and Phoenix.

292848152_7c86607b47.jpg

Holy :censored:, I'm standing next to WAYNE GRETZKY!

The full write-up will come tomorrow. In brief, I really dig the new uniforms. They're clean and simple. No purple, no turqoise, no pinstripes, no vests. All that and The Great One makes Eric a happy boy.

292848152_7c86607b47.jpg

Holy :censored:, I'm standing next to WAYNE GRETZKY!

That is really cool. Good for you. When I interned with the Wizards, I was around Jordan plenty of times but there was a VERY strict no-photo, no-bugging-the-super-duper-star policy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

When I interned with the Wizards, I was around Jordan plenty of times but there was a VERY strict no-photo, no-bugging-the-super-duper-star policy.

That's because he's a stuck-up ass. He's obviously done so much in the front office wherever he's been.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I don't like how the wordmarks are on patches (white on home, black on road.) The white isn't awful, because the jersey is white, but the black patch on the road and alt is so thick it looks cheap. Especially since no space between any letters (even the "c" in "backs") is able to be distinguished because it is just filled in with black.

Other than that... overall an upgrade (though I didn't hate their old set with the exception of the road pinstripes.) The home jersey would look better with a chest logo instead of the abbreviated wordmark, and I'm not a fan of the DSnake, but given that it wasn't going away, I like how they used it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like them alot. May well be my new MLB favs, and I especially like the "DB snake". As others have said, they should have stuck that on the hat. Couple years ago, for an OOTP league, i threw together a couple logos for my D'Backs team, simple because, like most here, I couldn't stand what they had. That "D" was wretched.

ALTERNATEWBLACKsmaller.jpg

PRIMARYWBLACKJPGsmaller.jpg

Yeah, the snake I used was stock and fairly generic, but it was better than what they had, and I liked the color scheme change. I always thought they should have used a red similar to the one on the state flag.

Why didn't you just use the Astros' home day alternate for the white, lol.

Because the wordmark and sleeves look more similar to the Nats than they do to the 'Stros.

I still can't figure out their numbers. They've got three different styles according to amare32's pics.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

man i still really love the A logo, wish they would use it more, not a fan of team name abbreviations on hats, but still the whole look is pretty sweet, wish they had a red, "a" hat

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

I like the Arizona Diamondbacks new look overall, but I don't like the wordmark script font style

and don't like the DB logo on the sleeves. Everything else I like about the change, especially the colors.

One team color scheme that is very similar to the new Diamondbacks colors (except there's no black)

I'm very surprised nobody mentioned. It's a team that also plays in the Valley of the Sun.

What about the Phoenix Coyotes? Brick red and white are their primary colors. The only serious amount of black

in anything on their NHL jerseys is the secondary PHX logo in the Arizona state outline.

Any thoughts on that similarity?

Archived