NCAA Re-Design

HarperK

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#16- BYU

Feed the C+C Machine...

byusw1.png

Dude this is one of the best concept series I've seen in a while.... They all look great. Great job, I REALLY enjoy seeing your work.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Wake- I like the shoulder stripes, but the white jersey could use some more black. Other than that this concept is solid.

ND- Not much you could do here, but they look good.

BYU- Wow. This one could be my favorite concept in this series so far.

Could you please send me this template?

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

On BYU I have two things I don't like, the italic numbers and that crappy logo. I've hated that logo since I first saw it and still do. I think either stay with the current Y in the oval maybe with both the Y and the oval outlined in tan, or use the cougar head. I do love the fact that you went back to the royal blue. I'd score it still a 9 out of 10.

#16- BYU

Feed the C+C Machine...

byusw1.png

a modernized version of the oval Y on the helmet would look better than what's on the helmet on your concept.

I like the current Y. It is a slightly updated version of the logo BYU had in its 'glory days' of the early-mid '80's. It means a lot to the fans and players. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was Air Force. I just don't think those shoulder stripes fit. I think BYU would look good with a blue helmet.

ujsignature.png

Looking at what's been put up so far the only one that I don't like is BC. For the helmet I'd throw the BC eagle on each side and have the red stripe remain. I'd change the jersey too, but I can't think of how I'd do that other than something similar to what they wear now. I'd like to see Penn State put something on the helmets. The logo you used before I think is supposed to be on it's way out but it's still around because it is just that cool.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Wow, I looked at this thread several times and haven't posted a thing better get caught up.

Tennessee: When I first looked at the concept your orange looked kinda off, then I tried to refresh my brower it looked about the right color I think the 4th combo should be the the white on white jersey thats just me, this was a great start.

Penn St.: I can't tell you how many times that I have heard (not just on this board) that they will change uniforms when joe pa leaves. The way I think of this that joe pa left a legacy. They universtiy of penn st. will not change it for awhile at least a few years after joe pa dies. On that note, these are the first changes I belive we will see. Nothing major, but just stutle adjustments.

Georgia: With my first look at Georgia I was seeing a very nice concept. Would it work, I highly doubt it. They have a traditon of wearing those damn sliver britches. Which in my mind look terrible on the field with white jerseys. I understand tradtion, but I have to say I like more aspects of you first concept. Just try those first pants designed with sliver that would look amazing.

TCU: I'm going to be completly honest with you on this one. I really dislike the way you went about this jersey. Almost everyone, has a black in there color scheme. I would have liked to see the purple color used more. At least in the helmet, which I really liked. I also missed the diamond striping they had when LT played there. I have to say the worst concept in the first 10.

Oregon St.: This has to be one of my favorite concepts done in this set. The striping gets away from the U. Although its tasteful, and not over done. There is no orange pants, thats a good thing, those would look pretty bad in my mind. I have no gripes about this set.

BC: Great concept idea, great design. Would it work for BC at this time I think not. The more traditonal schools will take longer to modernize other then teams like Oregon. Although I could see BC wearing these in about 14-16 years form now. I really dislike the huge stripe going down the side, maybe shrink that up just a tad. The helmet is an idea i was toying with last month, just never got it to look that good. Overall well done.

VT: Well what can I say about Tech. I'm glad you went with some ghost stripes (LA Spiders concept, qhost webbing). Yours turned out better than my did. I really dislike the orange alt. its on the line of TOO bold. The thing I don't understand, and is bothering me are the black socks. I would have gone with marron, or high white.

Wake: This is up there as one of the worst concepts in this set. I think the use of all black pants is cheap. Although they look high school, over even jr. high like jerseys to me. I would at least put a stripe on them. To match the jerseys. I would switch black jersey to white or even gold pants (I like the gold idea better). I would use the deacon head on the pants and the WF on the collar, I believe your overloaded. Not Bad, nor great.

Notre Dame: When will ND change uniforms, I believe not for at least 30 years. They do have several problems, that you didnt fix but thats ok. You kept tradition and thats good in this case. The problems I have with ND, are all gold pants no stripes. Not having blue and green together on jerseys. And the all gold helmet with grey facemask. With the versitale colors they have, they could have some very nice uniforms in 30 years or so. Enough about me getting mad about ND uniforms. For the concepts, I like a lot of the changes. Once again I will take my penn st. theroy and add it to this. "It will take longer for tradtitonal teams like notre dame to moderinze, then Oregon. Maybe switch out the lepercaun with numbers on the pants. And move the lepercaun on the collar. Good job though.

BYU: Right off the bat, I saw the logo on the helmet and thought oooooo...great. Thats just ugly in my mind. Stick with the usual BYU sticker. If you want to change it up, do something like Baylor or WSU and have two helmets, white and blue. Second gripe, white on white jerseys. Have you every seen a 300+ guy running down the street in a all white sweat suit, you don't want to. I would change those pants to blue. Where is the love on the gold these days, its not a major color in BYU, although there should be a set on gold pants to match I believe. Blue socks would look better with white shoes. Thats just a disater waiting to happen in a white. Pants match the jerseys well thats good. I have to put this concept along the lines of Wake and TCU.

Wow, that is a lot to read. Hope this helps you NYY. I will comment again when you get to the 9th team.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Georgia's gotta have silver pants. It's tradition.

Silver Britches

Plus the pull it off pretty well. I know they've worn black and they've worn white pants but when I think Georgia. I think silver britches.

I'm no Georgia fan (Georgia Tech), but I have absorbed some Bulldog stuff as well. (Can't avoid it. ;) ) If my memory serves me right, I think UGA superstition has an aversion to black jerseys and/or pants.

I must've completely bypassed this thread entirely several times(and for that, I apologize...I didn't know what I had missed), so to make up for it, here goes:

Tennessee: Other than the wordmark on the chest and the black shoes, these are great. Not much to do with Tennessee except lose the black on the road set, which you did. Nice job.

Penn State: Again, not much to do with these...they're perfect as is. I'm honestly not feeling the blue pants, but at least you attempted to make a change.

Georgia: A little too much black in my opinion, but in general, they're simple, and I like that. I just think the gray could've been used more, or at least some white in the helmet/pant stripes. I'd probably lose the solid black alt, and make a solid red.

TCU: I honestly think the frog might be better fit for the helmet than the somewhat boring "TCU". There's something about having a sleeve and pant logo of the same thing..it just seems like you only need one. That's just my personal taste. Nice work with these as well. Like many of these, there really isn't much you can do to improve them, just try to make them different.

Oregon St.: Great looking modern set in general. Really, the only problem that I have is that there are 2 different sets of black pants. It's just not needed.

Boston College: This is probably the only one that I really don't like. B.C. just doesn't seem like a school that needs the underarm yokes or modern look. I'd stick with gold pants with the maroon jersey and either maroon or gold pants with the white. I don't like metallic jerseys in general, but I guess gold monochrome is in fact the best bet.

VaTech: This one is possibly my favorite so far. Again, the two maroon pants are unnecessary. I'd also probably give the orange jersey white pants, which also eliminates the 2nd pair of maroon pants. Other than that, these are great.

Wake: Another great looking, simple set. I'm not sure gold numbers would show up well on the white jersey, but I don't mind the way they look right now. A set of gold or white pants might do this set some good, although I do like the black pants.

Notre Dame: Perfect. I can't really say much, since you didn't change much. Smart move.

BYU: Okay, so I lied about VaTech. This is by far the best one yet. I honestly can't pick out anything I'd change except maybe the helmet logo. I like the Y and circle logo, but I could definitely see the cougar on there with a modern look. Just to let you know, I made a create-a-team in Madden based off these uniforms...that's how much I liked them.

In general, I like all of these, with the exception of Boston College. I commend you for trying something new with most of these, while not committing blastphemy with Notre Dame and PSU(cks). I'm really looking forward to the rest of these. Keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived