Vid of 13 year old kid playing hockey

rvrdgsfn

The third one was by far the best, although the last was pretty impressive, not that they weren't all impressive. Clearly, he's playing that well because of what appears to be a team Sweden jersey on his back. Solid choice by the coach there.

He definatly stole the first move from EA sports NHL moves.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Hey Toronto Maple Leafs Keep your eye on this kid ! lol

But ya thats amazing for such a young age and he can improve on that he will probally be better than cosby imo.

But the best thing of all is that he is canadain lol.

4kv29i.jpg

I am impressed by the "lacrosse" moves when you are showboating for fun, but I'm surprized that that kind of thing hasn't been outlawed for game situations yet.

It's really not what I would call in the spirit of the game. I'd come up with some wording that you couldn't advance or throw the puck while being carried on a stick blade while the puck is off the ice for any extended period. If you did, you'd get two minutes for "travelling" or "unsportsman-like conduct".

Of course, I'm totally biased, since I'm a Gopher fan and had to be subjected to having our season ended because of this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZhBXyDdvxk

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'm not trying to put the kid down, but i honestly don't see what's so impressive about all that? I can due all those moves (except the between the legs lacrosse one, never seen that before) and have been able to since i was 14 and i don't even play ice hockey, just pick up on the pond a few times a yearand a lot of road hockey. there are so many kids around that can pull these moves off, but don't try them because they don't want to look like a showboat, a hog, and why try a crazy move to score when you can just roof it.

so he's good and all but there ain't anything special about him in my books, i guarentee you i could go down to my local rink and bring back 5 kids who could pull those off, at his age, maybe a year older.

and as other's have said if i was playing d and some tried something like that i'd freaking cream them, there just asking for it.

untitled-6.jpg

I seem to recall a young Bobby Orr being about the same age when a scout form the Boston Bruins raced back to the team and demanded the team get dibs on him right then and there.

Perhaps history should repeat itself and the B's should keep their sights on this kid too. He might be small now, but he'll grow.

--------

"...Hockey fans in Parry Sound, Ontario, in the late 1950s saw a lot of this hockey genius in its infancy. Doug Orr, Bobby's dad, had been a speedy player and gifted scorer in his own right. He wanted his son, still small for his age but also enormously talented, to play forward in order to take advantage of his speed and puckhandling abilities. Bucko McDonald, a former NHLer who played defense in the 1930s and 1940s and coached Bobby when the youngster was 11 and 12, believed his charge had all the makings of an outstanding defenseman. He taught Bobby the ins and outs of the position and encouraged him to use his offensive skills as well.

Professional teams agreed. The Boston Bruins went to unusual lengths to land the small prospect. When Orr was 14, Boston made arrangements for him to play with the Oshawa Generals in the metro Junior A League. He continued to live at home and commute to each game. Though he didn't attend a single practice with the team, Orr was selected to the league's Second All-Star Team. All the speedy youngster required was size to make him a bona fide star. He was 5'6" and 135 pounds at 14. The next year, when he moved to an Oshawa high school and played in the Ontario junior league, he was 5'9" and 25 pounds heavier. By the time his junior career was over - when he was all of 17 and a man playing with boys - he was a sturdy 6' and almost 200 pounds. The phenomenon Boston fans had been reading about since he was a freckle-faced kid with a brushcut was ready to enter the professional game."

----------

Well I can dream, can't I? :hockeysmiley:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I seem to recall a young Bobby Orr being about the same age when a scout form the Boston Bruins raced back to the team and demanded the team get dibs on him right then and there.

Perhaps history should repeat itself and the B's should keep their sights on this kid too. He might be small now, but he'll grow.

--------

"...Hockey fans in Parry Sound, Ontario, in the late 1950s saw a lot of this hockey genius in its infancy. Doug Orr, Bobby's dad, had been a speedy player and gifted scorer in his own right. He wanted his son, still small for his age but also enormously talented, to play forward in order to take advantage of his speed and puckhandling abilities. Bucko McDonald, a former NHLer who played defense in the 1930s and 1940s and coached Bobby when the youngster was 11 and 12, believed his charge had all the makings of an outstanding defenseman. He taught Bobby the ins and outs of the position and encouraged him to use his offensive skills as well.

Professional teams agreed. The Boston Bruins went to unusual lengths to land the small prospect. When Orr was 14, Boston made arrangements for him to play with the Oshawa Generals in the metro Junior A League. He continued to live at home and commute to each game. Though he didn't attend a single practice with the team, Orr was selected to the league's Second All-Star Team. All the speedy youngster required was size to make him a bona fide star. He was 5'6" and 135 pounds at 14. The next year, when he moved to an Oshawa high school and played in the Ontario junior league, he was 5'9" and 25 pounds heavier. By the time his junior career was over - when he was all of 17 and a man playing with boys - he was a sturdy 6' and almost 200 pounds. The phenomenon Boston fans had been reading about since he was a freckle-faced kid with a brushcut was ready to enter the professional game."

----------

Only if you send him to Oshawa too... but I believe you cannot sign underagers anymore... which is why there's the amateur draft.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm not trying to put the kid down, but i honestly don't see what's so impressive about all that? I can due all those moves (except the between the legs lacrosse one, never seen that before) and have been able to since i was 14 and i don't even play ice hockey, just pick up on the pond a few times a yearand a lot of road hockey. there are so many kids around that can pull these moves off, but don't try them because they don't want to look like a showboat, a hog, and why try a crazy move to score when you can just roof it.

so he's good and all but there ain't anything special about him in my books, i guarentee you i could go down to my local rink and bring back 5 kids who could pull those off, at his age, maybe a year older.

and as other's have said if i was playing d and some tried something like that i'd freaking cream them, there just asking for it.

(Emphasis above added by me) You do bring up a good point - that while these moves are impressive (he can stickhandle), how does he play the game? As noted he's small (yes, I know, he's only 13, and will grow), and would likely get creamed if not a good skater. Does he play any "D," or is he constantly hanging out at the opponents blue-line cherry-picking? The kid has (as illustrated by the YouTube video) one skillset. Let's let him develop a bit more before we start anoiting him as the #1 overall draft-pick in 2012...

Moose

I am impressed by the "lacrosse" moves when you are showboating for fun, but I'm surprized that that kind of thing hasn't been outlawed for game situations yet.

It's really not what I would call in the spirit of the game. I'd come up with some wording that you couldn't advance or throw the puck while being carried on a stick blade while the puck is off the ice for any extended period. If you did, you'd get two minutes for "travelling" or "unsportsman-like conduct".

Of course, I'm totally biased, since I'm a Gopher fan and had to be subjected to having our season ended because of this.

Why would you outlaw something that's exciting? The game needs MORE of this if anything. I know hockey fans like down to earth blue collar guys who play "in the spirit of the game" as you say. But this is the main reason hockey is so far behind the three other major sports. Hockey players have no personality whatsoever and they're all afraid to do anything out of the ordinary or spectacular. They all give the same interviews and they all pull the same moves.

Steen tried to do the Michigan in the youngstars game, but other than that NONE of the players tried any fancy moves or trick shots during the all-star events this year. The AHL All-Star events were more exciting than the NHL's! Hell, junior league all-star events were more exciting than what the NHL players did.

And just imagine what NHL players are capable of doing if they tried. I cream my pants at the thoughts - too bad my favorite sport is so boring when it comes to personality and character.

Why would you outlaw something that's exciting?

Because to me, it nothing more than cheating. He might as well pick it up and throw it at the net. How do you defend that? Grab his stick? Tackle him? The game is about shooting the puck with the stick, not throwing it with your stick.

Check this out. http://youtube.com/watch?v=mopnsea1OoY

The most spectacular highlight reel of incredible, exciting plays and not one time does he resort to a lacrosse move. It's not needed and I don't think it should be allowed.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

--------

----------

What that quote leaves out is that the Leafs HAD first dibs on him and passed him over at that age and instead wanted to wait until he was 15 before comitting to him. As a result of waiting, the Bruins came in and stole him away. But do note, he was known to Toronto long before the Bruins caught wind. I know this because it says so in the book "'67" by Damien Cox and Gord Stellick. Well, something like that, I read it almost a year ago, lol.

Back to the video, as some have stated a bunch of fancy deaks show NOTHING about his game. You don't know if he can pass, shoot a slapper or even a wrister while moving his feet (he glides to set up his "shot"). To support what others have said too, if you practice those moves probably most people could do them, so its nothing too spectacular in that reguard. Fun to watch none the less but that video shows nothing about what kind of player he is besides he is a bit of a show boater with some good hands.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Back to the video, as some have stated a bunch of fancy deaks show NOTHING about his game. You don't know if he can pass, shoot a slapper or even a wrister while moving his feet (he glides to set up his "shot"). To support what others have said too, if you practice those moves probably most people could do them, so its nothing too spectacular in that reguard. Fun to watch none the less but that video shows nothing about what kind of player he is besides he is a bit of a show boater with some good hands.

Yeah, i think it compares to the "Streetballers" and the NBA. How many of those guys are even capable of playing in the D-League? Next to none. Just cause you can do the flashy moves, doesnt make you as good as a professional. I hope this kidis level headed and doesnt think he will get by with this stuff (As fun as it is to watch).

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

If all he can do is circus tricks like that, he won't make it close to the NHL. You need a complete game to make the NHL, but hot-dog moves like that won't get you anywhere, and you'd probably be hunted down on the ice for showing off.

Archived