Revisiting the Blue Jays UPDATED! 11/17/07

GFB

....comes version 2.0! I was asked to try a Blue Jays concept with these colors: Navy Blue, Light Blue, and Crimson. So I gave it a shot and here it is!

Some new things:

-Two new wordmarks to go across the front of the jerseys

-A new shoulder logo to the concept as well, featuring a Maple Leaf with baseball stitching

-A new BP jersey

Some experiments:

-An all-Light Blue Hat with the home jersey (I am eager to see the reaction to this!)

-The use of a Dallas Cowboy Pants grey/silver color on the away jersey. (Three shades of blue on this jersey MAY be too much)

-The use of the crown on the alt. cap....

C&C would be delightful, enjoy!

Logos:

toronto-blue-jays-concept-l.png

Jerseys:

toronto-blue-jays-concept-j.png

GFB

UPDATE

After this thread was brought back from the dead, I thought I should update it.....

I made a few minor changes along with a new logo and I'm debuting my new baseball template that I will release to everyone soon....

toronto-blue-jays-concept-30.png

toronto-blue-jays-concept-30-new.png

toronto-blue-jays-concept-30-unifor.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you could find a way to incorporate red into more than just the logos, like the wordmark, striping, or numbers, I think these would be great for the Jays. Nice work.

That dark blue uni is the absolute bomb. Nice...very nice.

Great work!

Ya, I agree!

In all seriousness, I thought it was impossible to improve on what you did before for the Jays. But I really like these better. The darker blue really makes the logo pop more than it did before. About the only thing I don't like about these are the outline-heavy wordmarks. The light blue split lettering and light blue outline seem like overkill to me. But other than that, awesome job.

QPR%20Sig.png

Wow. Fantastic job on these.

I only see a couple things that I'd tweak..,

The white outline is unnecessary on the road uniform. The blues are dark enough to stand out without the extra outline.

The split on the letters on the alt should be dark blue...the light blue against the white is a little hard to read. Maybe you could make the letters light blue and have the outlines/splits white. not sure.

Switch the home and BP caps. The Jays look better in a darker blue cap than a light blue one, but it should work OK with the light blue BP jersey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Nicely done! Very impressive... the double-blue looks good, and the modernization of the split lettering is well executed.

That alternate logo reminds me of something I did a couple of years back... some subconscious influence perhaps? :)

Seriously, nice job with this. Light-years ahead of what they have.

Now, if there would be one improvement I'd make, it'd be to make the blue jay and the maple leaf flow together better, instead of looking simply layered on top of one another. Something to chew on perhaps, but nothing too major.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Excellent work! Awesome logo and colors. The light blue hat would fly off the shelves.

The only tweaks I would make are with the borders on the road ersey numbers/wordmark. I would swap the white and light blue.

Other than that, this is the best Blue Jays concept I've seen, and there have been some really good ones.

....comes version 2.0! I was asked to try a Blue Jays concept with these colors: Navy Blue, Light Blue, and Crimson. So I gave it a shot and here it is!

Some new things:

-Two new wordmarks to go across the front of the jerseys

-A new shoulder logo to the concept as well, featuring a Maple Leaf with baseball stitching

-A new BP jersey

Some experiments:

-An all-Light Blue Hat with the home jersey (I am eager to see the reaction to this!)

-The use of a Dallas Cowboy Pants grey/silver color on the away jersey. (Three shades of blue on this jersey MAY be too much)

-The use of the crown on the alt. cap....

Nice work! Saw a blue jay yesterday harassing a cooper's hawk in a tree right above a path I was walking, maybe 25 feet above me. I always forget how light the blue is on a blue jay. So I really like your use of light blue. Regarding your experiments:

1. The home hat: Marvelous.

2. Another color of "blue" is no problem if that color is the fabric of your road jersey. I'd prefer to see a more traditional powder blue or a blue that matches your home cap, but the fact that your road uniform fabric isn't the exact same shade of blue as your light blue is no problem. It's not like anyone else's gray (or, in many cases, off-white) road uniforms match any other element of their color schemes.

3. The contrast-color panels on the crown has always looked like cheap rinky-dinkism to me, even back when I was a kid and it seemed like half the teams in the majors used this sort of thing. But it's a style with legitimate tradition, and it's been making a comeback in the minors of late. No real problem with it for a big-league team, even if some folks like me just won't like it. It's nicely limited to an alt, and the fact that it's a dark fabric with white and no third color on the bill makes for a reasonably conservative version of this style.

Personally, I don't think the Blue Jays need any red, but many Canadians seem to feel strongly about the point. I like how you use red to a very limited degree, exclusively when needed to communicate a Canadian identity, and you don't go on to shoehorn more red into a design that's appropriately based on blue, white, and black.

20082614447.png

That's one of the best Blue Jay concepts ever! The only thing I don't care for is the all-light blue cap. It would get dirty soooooo fast. Other than that small concern they're perfect. But because some snot-nosed twenty-something know-it-all from MLB Properties didn't design the set it will never get off the ground. After all, MLB Properties DOES have to justify their existence. Duh!

Archived