Rays seem ready to dump Devil

Survival79

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, if someone told me at the beginning of the season that there would be a team at 3-0 at the top of the NFC North and their colors were green and gold I would have laughed at them.

You 'n me both :D

HA!

Griese ain't the savior, but maybe he'll f-up alot less than Rex did.

Heard this a couple weeks ago (hence the outdated record):

"OJ is in jail, Hillary's talking about health care, and the 49ers and Packers are 2-0. It's the 1990s all over again!" :D

FWIW, I was kinda hoping you could keep Rexy around until after we played you guys....

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be cool if the team fooled all of us and unveiled a nice set, completely different from the leaks? It's not likely. I'm just thinking wishfully.

Yeah, we'd been hoping most of the NHL was pulling that on us since the Sabres' leak last year.

devil rays, rays, whatever... they will still be 5th in the east in 2008 and will still be a team with without solid fan base, nor with a solid team identity. problems are still there.

Outstanding post. Well thought out, well researched and well stated.

Did you do all of that yourself?

probably old to everyone else, but the official site now mentions it. 11/8, 5:30pm

DevilRays.com

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be cool if the team fooled all of us and unveiled a nice set, completely different from the leaks? It's not likely. I'm just thinking wishfully.

I'm sure that's not what's happening here. But it's a shame -- there's no reason a team couldn't do the kind of strategic leaking that goes on with regularity in here Washington. In this case, toward the end of the season before the new unis are unveiled, deliberately leak incorrect designs, perhaps a selection from among the designs the team rejected. Leak-hungry fans, journalists, and bloggers are not going to dig deeper than the first official-looking leak, so when the uniforms are unveiled, they can be a surprise.

20082614447.png

probably old to everyone else, but the official site now mentions it. 11/8, 5:30pm

DevilRays.com

I'm sure that's not what's happening here. But it's a shame -- there's no reason a team couldn't do the kind of strategic leaking that goes on with regularity in here Washington. In this case, toward the end of the season before the new unis are unveiled, deliberately leak incorrect designs, perhaps a selection from among the designs the team rejected. Leak-hungry fans, journalists, and bloggers are not going to dig deeper than the first official-looking leak, so when the uniforms are unveiled, they can be a surprise.

You sound like someone who looks at the glass as half full.

I on the other hand look at the glass and say "I asked for a g-damned MUG!" :P

Seriously, if they do fool us by revealing some other more appropriate design I'll buy season tickets tomorrow.....and yes....I live in Connecticut.

i smell a sour tampa fan here.

And I smell someone who is so parochial they haven't traveled further than New York State...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

i smell a sour tampa fan here.

And I smell someone who is so parochial they haven't traveled further than New York State...

Judging by your avatar.....

I smell a sour Rams fan.

^_^

You sound like someone who looks at the glass as half full.

I on the other hand look at the glass and say "I asked for a g-damned MUG!" :P

Like I said, I don't for a minute think a strategic disinformation leak is at work here. If it took the Rays three years to come up with the crap we've seen, they're not going to come up with something better in the next six weeks. I'm just saying that it would be possible for a clever team to pull off such a stunt to preserve the surprise at their uniform unveiling.

So I don't see the new Rays uni as a glass half full. I see it as a large wet spot on an otherwise empty bar, and I ask, "where's the glass?" Not the worst uniforms in the big leagues, but darn close, and probably the biggest negative step any team has taken since Disney redid the Angels. Or since the Phillies adopted their current uniforms. Whichever was most recent.

20082614447.png

Archived