Kevin Harvick Wins Daytona 500

TFoA

Well, Kevin Harvick in the weird-ass Shell 29 car won the Daytona 500.

But the last lap was freakin amazing. You know how Talladega has "The Big One?" Well Daytona had a big one on the home stretch. Clint Boyer crossed the finish line UPSIDE DOWN. Craziest final lap I've ever seen.

That was an awesome finish! :shocked:

Kevin Harvick sure pulled that win out of his ass didn't he? I feel bad for Martin, especially since it looked like he was gonna be saved by a caution, but since they were so close the the line and the cars were only crashing behind them, I guess they figured they should let them race to the finish.

Oh well, thems the breaks. Great finish nonetheless.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

I was thinking they were gonna give it to Mark since I think he was ahead when the crash started. But it was behind them and wouldn't have affected the outcome of the race anyway, so it was best to let em race.

What a finish!

I think the reason why they didn't throw the caution in the end was because the accident happened behind the leader, and that it was so close to the finish line. If the incident had occurred further from the finish, the caution probably would have been thrown.

Congrats to Harvick on winning his first Daytona 500.

First Nascar race - scratch that, televised auto race - that I've ever watched wire-to-wire.

Guess I picked a pretty good one. Hoo-wee!

I had Tony Stewart pegged to win it, and it look like a pretty good pick for a large portion of the race. Then I thought Kenseth might pull it out. Never thought Harvick would've won it, but then again there were about 30 different drivers that were within 5 spots of the lead within the last 30 or so laps.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Pretty boring race until the crash with 47 laps to go or so but from then on it was great. The classic 3-wide racing that we've grown accustomed to at Daytona and Talladega. Good start to the 2007 season. But if only Martin had won, maybe Harvick will fail post-race inspection, and they way NASCAR has handed out penalties this past week, Martin probably would get the victory.

8prlQWA.png

Really sad to see Mark Martin lose that race at the checkered, one of sport's best ambassadors and just and out and out classy guy. While I am a Kevin Harvick fan, I wouldn't have been hurt at all had they thrown the yellow flag before the finish.

But alas, they didn't so I'ma celebrate! :woot:

...Hopefully this and the Colts winning the Super Bowl get me through baseball season.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Kinda pissed the best Dodge running today was in that crash with Stewart. I would say "at least he took out Stewart" but I would rather just see Stewart suck then get into an accident.

I am not a fan of Martin but even I was kinda bummed for him. Maybe next year.

Great race overall though. Started off pretty clean but ended up in Daytona fashion.

PopHeading-1.gif

I'm glad to see Harvick win. I wouldn't have been disappointed to see Martin win, though. I also wish that I didn't make a post about the victory in the wrong forum and have it graveyarded. Now that I checked, it looks like Flame and I posted at the same time. I guess I'm playing the Mark Martin role right now. :P

Great race and what a wild finish to a historical race like the Daytona 500. Heartbreaking for Mark Martin, but great to see sneaky Happy Harvick win 2 in a row for Speedweeks 07. Hope all Cup races this year are thrilling. Scary to see Clint Bowyer's car go upside down and Dale Jr's car all smashed up at the end.

Speaking of Dales, 2nd Daytona 500 win for the 3/29 team. Part of Harvick's win goes to the legend he replaced: Dale Earnhardt.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Today's finish was wild but this is the Wildest finish ever

I gotta agree with Tank on this.

There was another wild finish in Darlington a few backs when Ricky Craven beat out Kurt Busch

by a nose. Today's finish was good, but nowhere near the best of all time.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Today's finish was wild but this is the Wildest finish ever

I gotta agree with Tank on this.

There was another wild finish in Darlington a few backs when Rocjy Craven beat out someone

by a nose. Today's finish was good, but nowhere near the best of all time.

[Jim Rome]Last year's Indianapolis 500 finish and last Friday's Truck Series race thinks that this year's 500 finish wasn't the best ever.[/Jim Rome]

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I was pulling for Martin there at the end, but you got to hand it to Harvick for coming from nowhere over the course of that last lap. The 07 Jim Beam car crosses the finish line upside down and on fire, absolutely amazing.

Archived