Best Logo In All Of Sports?

tikitiger

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill make this easy for everyone, because we all know each user here is gonna say thier favorite sports team's logo is the best logo.

So to make the thread interesting and at least somewhat worthwhile, maybe we should stipulate that the logo cannot be from a local/favorite team, yeah?

Other than the Pittsburgh Penguins which obviously have the best logo ever, I would have to go with the current Leafs alt:

201.gif

Just a classy and badass logo.

P.S. Not sure if hotlinking is a big problem with this site, if it is a mod can just delete the picture or something. Too lazy to upload it myself.

See the other 397,073,207,032 threads on this exact topic.

Hey...real funny FONZY!!!

Except you're absolutely correct.

(I coulda swore it was 397,023,207,232 though?but I digress.)

BUT...

Since it in fact has been brought up ? times, I guess I'll just put out there my picks from each major league:

NFL - For me, it's got to be the Texans. History and tradition be damned (Steelers, Raiders, and the like), that steer is so simple, so clean, can be looked at two different ways (either a bull or a super-abstract shape of Texas), has a "negative space" T going through it, and, in the absolute best measure of a great logo, looks just as good in black-and-white as if does in color.

NBA - Gotta take the Bulls. (NO--I AM NOT PARTIAL TO CATTLE HERE...except when I grill them. :D ) Why? Old as that thing is, it's also classic, and has withstood the test of time, as have the uniforms of the team that logo represents. It's mean, intimidating, menacing--but also doesn't force the issue. I don't see the Bulls ever touching that logo. Not EVER.

MLB - This one's a toughie. But I'm taking the Detroit Tigers "D" here. Why? Because it just simply is classic. The Yankees' "NY" never did it for me and still doesn't. The Mets' logo is kinda cool, but, like several other teams in the majors, the use of a baseball in a logo just kinda kills it for me. (We know you're a baseball team, okay???) So the Olde English "D" wins for me. Put that tiger through it and it becomes absolute logo bliss (for me).

NHL - While I do like the Blackhawks' logo just for what it is (and for also not looking anywhere NEAR menacing but still is effective), just from a purely creative standpoint, I go with the Wild. I know that ain't a popular choice, but I'll offer up my reasons: first of all, no one really knows what kinda creature that logo predicts, only that it's some type of wild animal. Take it a bit further: within the outline of the beast is a depiction of the wilderness that Minnesota is known for (I suppose...I've never actually been there to know what it looks like, but I'm told it's some beautiful scenery.) But this is what does it for me: the "mouth" of the beast is also a river flowing through the wilderness; the (setting?) sun can be seen as the beast's ear; and in the clincher for me, that star is the beast's eye, not to mention a nice tribute (I believe) and tie in to Minnesota's former hockey franchise, the North Stars. Now let me take THAT a bit further, being that I spent a good many years of my youth in the wild: any pathfinder or navigator knows that when you're lost in the wild, the FIRST thing you look for at night is the North Star. And, to tie in another tangent (I know this one is REALLY splitting hairs, but...), the star is in the "northwest". Is there also not an airline by that same name based somewhere in Minnesota? (Eagan, to be exact...and tell me you saw that one coming :D ...I know, I know. I'ma shut up now.)

So, having said all that...

I nominate, as the best PERIOD...

The TEXANS, in a close edge-out of the Wild.

(See? Intelligent, scientific analysis CAN be done and not reek of homerism!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ill make this easy for everyone, because we all know each user here is gonna say thier favorite sports team's logo is the best logo.

well, except for Sabres fans

Wrong....

This is a thing of beauty...

185_Sabres_Logo_70s.JPG

While this is a piece of crap....

newsabres.png

^_^

Amen.

By far:

NYIF.gif

mmm.......gorton's........

This is a terrible (or terribly funny) logo.

I hate myself for being a homer, but the Yankees' interlocking NY, the Braves' A, and the Dodgers' LA. These are 3 of the best and most recognizable logos in sports.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Has anyone said Toledo Storm yet? Or the Gradient Rays? Or the Slug? Or the Mercury Mets? It's funny if you do, right? I'll take those.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. The best logo in sports is the Houston Texans. It is the definition of what a logo is. It is so simple and at the same time conveys so much. Works in both color, and black and white, and is cool all at the same time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. The best logo in sports is the Houston Texans. It is the definition of what a logo is. It is so simple and at the same time conveys so much. Works in both color, and black and white, and is cool all at the same time.

Which is pretty much what I said a few posts before you.

But that just goes to show that hey--it must be true right?

(I know we ain't the only two that share that viewpoint...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Which is pretty much what I said a few posts before you.

But that just goes to show that hey--it must be true right?

(I know we ain't the only two that share that viewpoint...)

well then you can tell that I didn't actually read anything on this topic before posting.

PvO6ZWJ.png

1415.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I don't think it's possible to say what the best logo in all of sports is. There are simply too many. I think

the logos that tell you the most with the fewest design elements are usuaully the best. The Hartford Whalers

logo was about as good as you can get. Before they added the silver outline. The New Jersey Devils logo

is great. Simple and great. I think the Houston Texans logo is great as well.

I'm sorry if this is too big, but this is undoubtedly that best logo ever:

MONT_5858.gif

and it actually make kinda hungry too. :blush::blush::love:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived