Best Logo In All Of Sports?

tikitiger

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ProvidenceSteamRoller1922.GIF

:blink::blink: :blink: ????????

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I know this thread isn't that serious, but I thought about this a little and I believe this is my answer:

olympic_rings.jpg

It's simple, it's universal, it's been around for 100 years and it's recognizable around the world.

Boy, it's tough to argue with Snazel about the Olympic rings logo.

And what makes it even better is that it's an uncomplicated design that originated in an era when people the thought the busier the design, the better. I'm sure the rings were blasted back then as too simple. If those folks only knew ...

Great call, Snazel.

NBA%20logo.gif

MLB-logo.gif

how about shout-outs to the NBA and MLB logos? no, not teams - the leagues themselves? Especially the NBA, taking the image of an iconic old-time player (Jerry West) and making it into a timeless logo. The MLB logo does much the same, and very simply and powerfully represents the league.

harperdc.gif

I know this thread isn't that serious, but I thought about this a little and I believe this is my answer:

olympic_rings.jpg

It's simple, it's universal, it's been around for 100 years and it's recognizable around the world.

I especially like this one:

LA-1932_6986.gif

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Considering only primary logos, not other aspects of team identity, I have to go with the LA Angels. A single letter with a halo that perfectly communicates the team's identity, from name down to color scheme. No text or other graphic elements needed.

Seattle Seahawks, Columbus Clippers, Detroit Red Wings, and Arsenal are my runners-up. Again, considering nothing other than the clarity of their primary logos in communicating the team identity. (I still can't find an NBA primary logo I like at all.)

Although I don't think the Angels are the best logos in all of sports, I like that analysis of the situation.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

olympic_rings.jpg

I especially like this one:

LA-1932_6986.gif

Dallas Cowboys.

What about them?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

What is it?

My money is on the Pittsburgh Penguins or the Tampa Bay Devil Rays

tampa_bay_devil_rays_logo_small_large.jpg

This is the best logo in sports? Sir, sir, I think you got confused, this is asking for the best logo in sports, not the worst dressed team ever. Maybe that'll be the next thread.

Tampa's look is so ugly it should be illegal. Like seriously, they should ban them, and send them to another country. Do us all a favor, please! Who picked out their colors exacly? Just awful.

One logo, I will say that goes under the radar is Detroit's... It's one fo those looks that stands the test of time.

red%20wings.jpg

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

HartfordWhalers79.gif

pure. simple. effective.

yup thats my vote.

jimm_MilwaukeeBrewers.jpg

:cursing:

DEATH TO THE BALL-IN-GLOVE LOGO!!!

There are so many logos I do like, it's tough for me to pick one as my favourite.... but if I must

Essendon_logo.jpg

are you kidding me?!?!

the ball in glove logo is epic.

i have wore the same ball in glove logo hat for 8 years.

its the most amazing idea ever.

Archived