new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

This is old, old news, gordie. They gave San Jose, for lack of a better term, the Browns treatment. They basically suspended that franchise, and popped a new one in Houston with the same players/staff. Houston doesn't wear the stars, though they'll start wearing one next year for the '06 title.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invaluable information on this Subside Sports listing about the differences between authentic and replica Adidas jerseys:

Authentic kitroom version. FIVE key details different to the standard retail release.

1. Higher quality Liverpool crest embroidery.

2. CAD-cut style Carslberg sponsor (rather than transfer on retail version)

3. Formotion tag (climacool on retail version)

4. No holographic ID stamp (every retail shirt had these to prevent counterfeiting)

5. Protective panel on reverse of embroidery to help prevent nipple rub.

5. Protective panel on reverse of embroidery to help prevent nipple rub.

I gather this came about because the players complained of nipple chafing because of the detailed embroidery in the crest. Reebok tried to get away with an iron-on transfer crest on their last Liverpool kit (European shirt, 2005/6) to appease the players but the fans kicked up a stink because of the perceived poor quality!

liverpool-1.png

Yet none of that fancy :censored: is making them top of the league, and unbeaten at home this season now is it? And who is? Oh, that's right, the Gunners....shameless plug :D

Yeah... but... your away strip looks like Spurs :P

liverpool-1.png

Nike = "little" history, does everything that makes a $

Umbro= probably the oldest Football/Soccer Manufacterer

Thankfully Umbro seems to remain "independent" like the Reebok Adidas thing, hopefully Nike won't get their hands on England - even if the current England home shirt is crap.

As an England fan, I'd trade a recent Nike design for one of the corresponding Umbro ones any day of the week. I hope they do design the next England shirt.

All the history in the world doesn't matter when you put out a product unworthy of that history. To look at recent offerings, Nike might well be a giant of the sport, and Umbro might as well be a swimwear manufacturer looking to diversify its client base.

IMO only the retor looking Nike football shirts looks nice (Holland with the ornage one and collars for example)

their Rugby design is nice if you refer to that, but usually they produce 0815 looking stuff.

As an England fan, I'd trade a recent Nike design for one of the corresponding Umbro ones any day of the week. I hope they do design the next England shirt.

All the history in the world doesn't matter when you put out a product unworthy of that history. To look at recent offerings, Nike might well be a giant of the sport, and Umbro might as well be a swimwear manufacturer looking to diversify its client base.

I agree with Gothamite on this one.

I don't hate the Umbro designs, but there are flaws inherent in them that keep them from being great.

Nike, on the other hand, had been churning out gorgeously simple designs the last couple of years. Fulham and Arsenal are just two great examples, as are the Dutch kits.

Now, if Adidas could come up with some nicer templates and get over their obsession with those three stripes.

Nike = "little" history, does everything that makes a $

Umbro= probably the oldest Football/Soccer Manufacterer

Thankfully Umbro seems to remain "independent" like the Reebok Adidas thing, hopefully Nike won't get their hands on England - even if the current England home shirt is crap.

Nike will improve umbro. Like Gothamite said, they might be trying to turn college football into crap, but they put out BEAUTIFUL soccer kits. So, if Nike gets their hands on England, look for a definite upgrade.

Archived