new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

Pretty sure that Hertha one posted is a fake/photoshopped because the sponsor looks well out of place and, well, Philippe Senderos of Arsenal is the model.

It looks like a fake but it is NOT. It was confirmed in a local Berlin newspaper.

herthatrikotwebfd1.jpg

what's the story on the red and white Inter kit back there? Very, very strange.

the new Adidas template sucks bad.

They took the design from the city arms of Milan:

Milano-Stemma.png

KaTo

Real Madrid home: um...er...uh...huh? :puke:

Not to mention clearly a fake as no Madrid home shirt would ever have that much coloured trim.

And they still have the Teamgeist logo at the bottom.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite my love for the "beautiful game", these jerseys illustrate what is one of my major complaints about the modern era of professional soccer: the increasing lack of tradition with regard to kit design.

It seems that with the exception of a precious few teams, any semblance of design continuity - even on home kits - has gone right out the window in pursuit of the almighty dollar. Beyond mainatining traditional club colors on home kits, all bets are off with regard to jersey designs.

FC Bayern Munchen reduced to being little more than an FC Dallas doppleganger at home? I, for one, am singularly unimpressed.

Don't blame the sport - it's Adidas that deserves your ire.

Nike, for one, has done a remarkable job in recent years. Their designs have been, almost to a one, classy, dignified and thoroughly respectful of the team's traditions. The kits are actually promoting the club rather than promoting Nike.

Adidas, on the other hand, has subjected all its teams to the same terrible template, reducing clubs as diverse as Liverpool and Chelsea to company teams - Adidas Red and Adidas Blue. Shameful.

As awful as Nike has been in college football, so they have been an equally strong force for good design in world football.

Good lord! Even more :censored:!!!

FC Bayern Munchen reduced to being little more than an FC Dallas doppleganger at home? I, for one, am singularly unimpressed.

Well Bayern have never had a consistent look in the last 2 decades. Various designs usually but not always featuring red... combined with white, blue, black etc in stripes, coloured sleeves, trim, piping etc. I wonder what their supporters make of it to be honest, as I wouldn't put up with it.

liverpool-1.png

Despite my love for the "beautiful game", these jerseys illustrate what is one of my major complaints about the modern era of professional soccer: the increasing lack of tradition with regard to kit design.

It seems that with the exception of a precious few teams, any semblance of design continuity - even on home kits - has gone right out the window in pursuit of the almighty dollar. Beyond mainatining traditional club colors on home kits, all bets are off with regard to jersey designs.

Nike, for one, has done a remarkable job in recent years. Their designs have been, almost to a one, classy, dignified and thoroughly respectful of the team's traditions. The kits are actually promoting the club rather than promoting Nike.

Adidas, on the other hand, has subjected all its teams to the same terrible template, reducing clubs as diverse as Liverpool and Chelsea to company teams - Adidas Red and Adidas Blue. Shameful.

As awful as Nike has been in college football, so they have been an equally strong force for good design in world football.

Nike "thoroughly respectful" - look at Atletico Madrid, Barcelona! They've reduced striped shirted teams to halved shirted teams, and admitedly inter and juve stood up to it, it has made a major difference to those clubs...

I don't have a problem with the chelsea and liverpool shirts either - they both traditionally use only one colour - additions have only been made in the past with the advent of sponsorship (liverpool's pinstripes, tottenham's hummel v's etc...at least its only the three stripes on the sleeves now...

however they're new template with the assymetric rubbish should be binned, and teams with stripes should have them front and back, not (in the case of newcastle's new shirt) only on the front with a massive black back for the numbers...very boring!

tirade over - sorry!

Nike "thoroughly respectful" - look at Atletico Madrid, Barcelona! They've reduced striped shirted teams to halved shirted teams, and admitedly inter and juve stood up to it, it has made a major difference to those clubs...

I don't have a problem with the chelsea and liverpool shirts either - they both traditionally use only one colour - additions have only been made in the past with the advent of sponsorship (liverpool's pinstripes, tottenham's hummel v's etc...at least its only the three stripes on the sleeves now...

however they're new template with the assymetric rubbish should be binned, and teams with stripes should have them front and back, not (in the case of newcastle's new shirt) only on the front with a massive black back for the numbers...very boring!

tirade over - sorry!

Must respectfully beg to differ. I think the Barca shirts are sharp - large stripes as opposed to small, but in no way halves.

You don't think the striping and piping on Liverpool and Chelsea is out of control? The template sure bothers the hell out of me.

As long as they don't touch Barca, I'm straight.

It looks like a fake but it is NOT. It was confirmed in a local Berlin newspaper.

herthatrikotwebfd1.jpg

If only Bielefeld's kits could be as classy. Come on Saller! :(

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

USAASS0708.jpg

ugh, so now our soccer team is playing off the Yankees. Those are pretty bad IMO.

They look more like pajamas to me.

No kidding. I wore a similar styled jersey (it was Umbro) as a 12 year old in 1988.

All it needs are the "3D" block number font with a drop shadow, and it'd be a perfect replica.

Nike, Adidas and tradition debate: you have to understand that the teams have to make the final signatures on the decisions to change their designs, and in the case of Barca and Atletico, I don't think they've completely signed their creative freedoms over to Nike, and decided to go for the changes and clearly could have used Inter or Juve-style striped jerseys. They signed off on the changes, and in the case of Barca it's not the first time they've gone thicker - they used split-in-half jerseys for their centennial back about 10, 11 years ago or so IIRC.

Adidas teams are just stuck with a really, really bad template.

harperdc.gif

Nike, Adidas and tradition debate: you have to understand that the teams have to make the final signatures on the decisions to change their designs, and in the case of Barca and Atletico, I don't think they've completely signed their creative freedoms over to Nike, and decided to go for the changes and clearly could have used Inter or Juve-style striped jerseys. They signed off on the changes, and in the case of Barca it's not the first time they've gone thicker - they used split-in-half jerseys for their centennial back about 10, 11 years ago or so IIRC.

Adidas teams are just stuck with a really, really bad template.

It's a good argument really - I'll have to back down on that one...

I was just on www.historicalkits.co.uk and found the leeds shirt from 1997...It is a thing of beauty, just white, with the yorkshire rose on one side and the LUFC on the other and Thistle Hotels sponsor - there are photos elsewhere - but it is pure white, no piping, striping, side panelling - why can't teams return to this simple style?

USAASS0708.jpg

ugh, so now our soccer team is playing off the Yankees. Those are pretty bad IMO.

You see the Yankees, I see vintage Charlotte Hornets and TV commercials with Grandmama.

Arsenal Away Kit 07/08 ? It?s white alright

White and maroon for the Gunners? travels next season.

By Our fashion correspondent

OnlineGooner has received more details on the new white away kit and the reasoning behind it?

2007_4_exclusive_36.jpg

So this is what the boys will be wearing...

Shirt - white top with redcurrant edging.

Shorts ? redcurrant

Socks - redcurrant & white hoops

The reason the club came out with for a white top in collaboration with Nike is related to the great success of the 2005/06 redcurrant top and the notion of redcurrant?s place in the history of Arsenal.

Another great historic moment for Arsenal was when Sir Herbert Chapman introduced white to the all red Arsenal top. So the conclusion: let?s have white.

It appears that the club have taken on board the concept that our home kit should always be red & white and that one away kit should always be yellow & blue. However, this then leaves them to play about with the other away kit as they see fit!

http://www.onlinegooner.com/exclusive/index.php?id=290

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

According to the docent at the Arsenal museum, it's actually cream and redcurrant.

Same as this scarf currently on sale:

l_a0247.jpg

Contrast this with the very bright white in our regular colors:

l_a0245.jpg

Personally, I rather like it. I'm looking forward to the hooped socks, which I wish the club would integrate into the current home kit.

while this may be true about the white kit, that photo is a monstrously bad photoshop job - no way that's what it will actually look like.

You're right - that image was first posted on BigSoccer about a month ago. I don't think it's legit.

OnlineGooner has received more details on the new white away kit and the reasoning behind it?

2007_4_exclusive_36.jpg

http://www.onlinegooner.com/exclusive/index.php?id=290

Interesting - other images are floating around out there.

From Goonerboy:

arseaway08.jpg

I wouldn't have thought that this shirt would be different enough to avoid a clash. If Arsenal can't wear their red top with white sleeves, how could they wear a white top with red sleeves?

good point - it'd be a strange thing - if they clashed with the clash kit, they'd go to the yellow kit, which becomes the new third kit next season for that very purpose. That kit looks more legitimate to me, but I can't image them going to an inverse of the home kit - it just doesn't make that much sense.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived