new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

Arseblog was all over this a month and a half or so ago, and - while there are some Arsenal fans crying foul over wearing white (color of dirty sp*rs and all) the simple matter is that, through the '50s and '60s, our change kit was white with red collar and cuffs - the exact mirror of the homes. Okay, cream/white whatever, I don't remember/know the details, but the simple matter is Arsenal has a history of it that is older than the yellow and blue and as storied as that strip.

honestly, I don't mind, so long as it's actually a clash - and not an all-blue kit! We never win a thing in all-blue, and yellow and blue not only provides the needed clash, but also has some history now as well ("Wiltord's got paaaaaaaaaace...." :D).

If it looks like that mockup, it'll be fine IMO. I don't buy aways anyways *shrug*

harperdc.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0,,10265~3194169,00.jpg

new villa badge ...a little dull, but should look good on a shirt ...especially if it has a world class player in it.

Like the one star. Incorporated into the badge so as to avoid problems with the EPL who wouldn't let Liverpool add 5 stars to the existing badge (probably a good thing as its so darn cluttered).

liverpool-1.png

The new Villa badge is nice, but honestly, there was nothing wrong with the one they're wearing currently - they even kept the same lion rampant - not really a necessary improvement IMO. The gold lion in the new one just doesn't fit with the rest of the badge - either everything should be gold, or all white. And besides, that badge won't show up well on a white change kit. Downgrade. Compare it with this:

AV_5290.gif

OD_Signature.jpg

The crest shape is better, and having only one colour background will show up better on the shirt I believe...the haven't worn stripes regularly for quite some time now...though something i read in the Manchester Guardian Newspaper suggested they would return to a 'more traditional' look next season...

I wonder why they changed it?

I do like the addition of "FC".

they prolly changed it because they want to show up their city rivals , who will be in the prem next year

SOTV~!

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

on the Villa badge

it looks bland and uninteresting.

it's STILL a lion (like so many other clubs have)

some basic Times New Roman font initials

and a tiny white star

on a very basic badge template

i also don't like the colours on the new badge, it looks like brown and a horrible shade of blue. why did they clip off the claws on the lion too? look at the cute lil' paws on the cat LOL

they only changed their badge because they were desperate to include a star. and the star is tiny and not even gold lol.

their old badge as much better. this new badge doesnt look 'corporate' enough.

bcfc9ol.pngHoJ.jpg

Birmingham City: Kings of Central England

''Supporting Birmingham City will be the death of me''

they prolly changed it because they want to show up their city rivals , who will be in the prem next year

SOTV~!

I like the new Villa crest, although I do feel it was completely unnecessary. The old one was perfectly sufficient, and one of the best in the Premiership. However, I don't like that the lion was "declawed", so to speak.

As for the Brummies, they need help. From badge, to kit, to fans, to stadium - they truly are the second-class squad in the midlands.

I think a Leeds fan should be very careful about calling anybody else's club a "second-class squad". :P

Why? With the almost-certain relegation from the championship, they are now clearly a third-class squad. Still that's two classes better than the fifth-class squad that is my beloved Oxford United.

SOTV~!

I like the new Villa crest, although I do feel it was completely unnecessary. The old one was perfectly sufficient, and one of the best in the Premiership. However, I don't like that the lion was "declawed", so to speak.

As for the Brummies, they need help. From badge, to kit, to fans, to stadium - they truly are the second-class squad in the midlands.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH i have two words for leeds: LEAGUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE~!

and one more thing: what does a cordless drill and the championchip have in common?

NO BLOODY LEEDS

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

SOTV~!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH i have two words for leeds: LEAGUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE~!

and one more thing: what does a cordless drill and the championchip have in common?

NO BLOODY LEEDS

Clever lad! And who do you support? Arse? Manure? Chelscum? Or is it just a defunct team from the MLS?

I think a Leeds fan should be very careful about calling anybody else's club a "second-class squad". :P

Why? With the almost-certain relegation from the championship, they are now clearly a third-class squad. Still that's two classes better than the fifth-class squad that is my beloved Oxford United.

More power to you, stay the course with your squad. There's enough of the glorychasers around, jumping off at the first sign of squad troubles.

Archived