new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic has now been finalised also. Very clean looking, except for the damn Carling logo. Plain white shorts and socks are another very stylish nod to the Lisbon Lions.

celtic.jpg

What about the away kits?

Gone are the vertical green and black "hoops", I assume?

Why are soccer uniforms called kits?

My daughter, when she played youth and then high school soccer, always called it a uniform. As in, "Dad, can you throw my soccer uniform in the wash?" So what's with the term "kit"?

Good lord! Even more :censored:!!!

2170045-13166683.jpg

fcbayernmunichpu0.jpg

Despite my love for the "beautiful game", these jerseys illustrate what is one of my major complaints about the modern era of professional soccer: the increasing lack of tradition with regard to kit design.

It seems that with the exception of a precious few teams, any semblance of design continuity - even on home kits - has gone right out the window in pursuit of the almighty dollar. Beyond mainatining traditional club colors on home kits, all bets are off with regard to jersey designs.

FC Bayern Munchen reduced to being little more than an FC Dallas doppleganger at home? I, for one, am singularly unimpressed.

new-kit2.jpg

Absolutely, positively, unequivocally HIDEOUS!!!

I won't be purchasing one bit of Newcastle United product until this piece of :censored: is a mercifully-fading vision in the club's "rear-view mirror".

Wow that's bad. How do you mess up striping like that?

A few thoughts:

I love the new USA blue kits.

The new Adidas Template sucks.

Glasgow Rangers and Celtic both have classy kits (as always).

And, are you sure those are the new Tottenham strips for next year? If you'll notice, the lettering and numbering are the old style.

Hertha Berlin= tasty.

I know Arminia Bielefeld will have new shirts, but I haven't seen them yet.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Scotland (away - very nice if you ask me):

ScotlandASS0708.jpg

It would have been interesting if they went with a similar shade of blue as the Nova Scotia flag

250px-Flag_of_Nova_Scotia.svg.png

Ajax Amsterdam:

51837065711769820817633mj0.jpg

Since ABN AMRO is up for sale, I wonder if whoever gets the bank will keep the name or rebrand it.

I saw, I came, I left.

USAASS0708.jpg

ugh, so now our soccer team is playing off the Yankees. Those are pretty bad IMO.

Dammit! Now the international soccer community will associate the US Soccer Team with the Yankees :P .

Hell, maybe the Yanks winning tradition will rub off. Not likely, but maybe.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

as if it needed to be said, that Bayern Munich away looks fake as *hell*. plus they don't usually use a black away - they had one for the Champions League two years ago, but that was a CL special from Adidas (I believe Ajax did the same thing that year). I wouldn't be surprised if they have that and it's the final design, but that actual image looks faaaaaake.

the scotland jerseys, though, are pimp as hell. Love it.

harperdc.gif

Leverkusen aways: gold and white stripes are bleepin A. nothing else needs to be said. heh, the best I've seen of adidas' offerings so far. not that they had to do much, but heh, good choice there.

Real Madrid home: um...er...uh...huh? :puke:

Scotland away: X 1/2....not quite the good stuff, mainly cus the dots on the sleeves bother me. now the XXX on the bottle, that's some good shine, yall :P

Ajax away: yawn. c'mon adidas, yer slackin off here!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Real Madrid home: um...er...uh...huh? :puke:

Not to mention clearly a fake as no Madrid home shirt would ever have that much coloured trim.

liverpool-1.png

Archived