Chris Simon about to be suspended a long time

NJTank

If the hit by Cam Jansen last week on Kaberle was labeled disgusting wait to you see what Chris Simon did today to Ryan Hollweg. Simon took his stick and swung it and close lined Holwig and got a 10-minute game mis conduct, but you can bet he will get lots more.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! UCLA lost to Cal!

This was bad, dirty and blatant. Of couse, not as dangerous as the Bertuzzi cheap shot. So the punishment should be less than 17 games.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wow! UCLA lost to Cal!

This was bad, dirty and blatant. Of couse, not as dangerous as the Bertuzzi cheap shot. So the punishment should be less than 17 games.

If not for the lockout, Bertuzzi's suspension would have lasted well into the following season, methinks.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow! UCLA lost to Cal!

If not for the lockout, Bertuzzi's suspension would have lasted well into the following season, methinks.

In my opinion, Bertuzzi should be banned from the league until impartial doctors rule that Steve Moore can play NHL hockey again. If Moore can't, than Bertuzzi's career is over.

I think Simon should go at least 10 games.

If by 10 you mean 100, I agree. Incidents like this should be a permanent exit from the league. This isn't fighting, this isn't necessary, this is brutal, this is the only time hockey makes the news.

Once a thug, always a thug.

He has proven time and time again he's nothing more than a bruiser for hire, at best.

:shocked: You can't use the 'T' word around here! :shocked:

In all seriousness that was an awful thing to see happen. I wouldn't mind never seeing him skate for another NHL team again. However I know that isn't going to happen. And before anyone says anything about Bertuzzi to me...I firmly believe he should not be in the NHL anymore. Although I have always loved the view that HedleyLamarr has. If the person can't play anymore, neither can the person who caused it.

PopHeading-1.gif

This is bad.

Where's your "Rangers fans should just shutup" rant?

There's a difference between a slightly late hockey hit and taking your stick taking a baseball bat type swing at someone's head.

You can't compare the two. For one thing this was an attempt to injure the other one was not.

Wow... that's bad.

It would appear, with how frequently these types of things have been happening, the NHL has a problem on it's hands.

:therock:

To my knowledge, this is the worst thing that's happened since the Bertuzzi incident which was 3 years ago. Hardly frequent. (Although I think there was a similar incident to this in the AHL a couple years ago)

You must be thinking that late hits are serious offenses. That is child's play compared to this kind of stuff.

This is bad.

Where's your "Rangers fans should just shutup" rant?

There's a difference between a slightly late hockey hit and taking your stick taking a baseball bat type swing at someone's head.

You can't compare the two. For one thing this was an attempt to injure the other one was not.

D'oh!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived