Favorite Hat that you own?

BadSeed84

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 1951 New York Giants Cooperstown Hat that I wear everyday regardless. I get crap from people all the time when they say "why are you wearing a Mets hat?" So I am forced to educate them on New York illustrious baseball history.

LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS!!

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Out of the sports hats that you own, which is your favorite?

Mine is my Phillies BP hat I got last year.

BP9431803.jpg

I have a relaxed fit, worn-out look (I think it was from the Franchise line?) version of that hat and its the only hat I wear.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

i've got 2 favorites...

1 is a columbia blue titans hat, by reebok... regular logo on the crown, NFL logo on the back.

my other favorite is my ugly brown dallas stars hat. it's chocolate brown, with the dallas stars primary logo in orange on the crown... and the state of texas logo in orange on the back.

here's a pic of the brown one:

brownstars1.jpg

and my ugly ugly mug wearing said hat:

brownhat1.jpg

Legacy Athletic fitted Lafayette College hat. Maroon, white button and vent holes, white interlocking LC on the front and Lafayette College in small letters along the back edge. I've had it for at least 10 years and it still fits like a glove.

No pictures available.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I always lose my favorite hats. I lost my favorite Jays hat, while I was a DJ at Club Med. I went out dressed as Gene Simmons, for a lip synch contest. I won the contest, but when I came back to the dressing room, my favorite Jays hat had been swiped.

I've never been able to find that exact hat again. The lesson here is, never wear spandex and grease paint in front of a large drunken crowd, the sports gods will punish you for your insolence.

I lost my second favorite Jays hat during a blizzard on the I-5. I was driving from Vancouver to Seattle, and there was so much ice build up on my windshield I pulled off the side of the road to scrape it off and my hat blew off and was literally cascading down a field of snow at about 20 miles per hour. I watched helplessly as the damn hat just floated into the ether and was gone.

These days, I wear a generic blue Jays hat in the 1993 style, and a generic home Expos hat (the multi-colored one). Some days, I wear a blue Seahawks hat with the original logo. Strangely, the Expos hat gets a lot of compliments these days.

None of them are particularly favorites of mine, I am worried if I make one my favorite, the damn thing will get swept out into Puget Sound and eaten by an Orca.

I bought this sucker at a Reds game last summer and am pretty pleased with it:

41372258.jpg

My all-time favorite hat, however, is the blue Expos hate worn late in that team's history. By the time I was done with it, it had shrunk at least three sizes, and would basically only fit as a beanie. But far and away, it was my favorite cap of all time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I have a 1951 New York Giants Cooperstown Hat that I wear everyday regardless. I get crap from people all the time when they say "why are you wearing a Mets hat?" So I am forced to educate them on New York illustrious baseball history.

LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS!!

I have one of the New Era Cooperstown caps, the one made out of the rougher wool, with the classic Giants logo (not the one the Mets would later adopt). I keep looking for another one on eBay, because I'm wearing it out and really want a replacement.

I'm also really fond of this cap, I wear it all the time:

PACKOOB.jpg

I wish I'd bought four or five backups before the XLs went out of stock. :cry:

An Indians hat like the one in my sig. I bought 2 identical authentic Indians alt hats the first year they used them, which was before they lightened the blue on all 3 of their caps. One of them is still in the plastic bag it came in, unworn, and the other one is nicely worn in and fits like a glove.

I bought the second one because I wanted a backup in case they scrapped the I-logo after one year, and something were to happen to the cap was wearing. Also because I'm an insane hat collector, and wanted one just "for the collection" and one to wear.

EDIT: for clarity.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Easy choice.

100_0261.JPG

2000 home Tigers BP cap. Best fitting cap ever for my noggin. That hat is on my head just about every day at about 6pm, and almost every weekend, all weekend long.

Here it is again. I think a Tiger pitcher just made another error in the World Series.

100_0282.JPG

Yeah, I got a little paint on it when I was painting my son's room.

The best part about that hat is that CJ Nitkowski threw it out of the bullpen into the stands. I caught it, and luckily enough, it fit perfectly.

Gold Medalist:

Image removed

Silver Medalist:

Image removed

Bronze Medalist:

Image removed

The blue jay white panel and astros hats are my 2 all time favorite hats ever, but unfortunately I cannot find either of them in a size to fit me or an adjustable fit that I like. Also, in this area both are hard to find in stores and I haven't found a price I am willing to pay online.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived