Your sports road trip stories

spyboy1

Sports road trips are the best. I've taken a few and would love to hear what some of yours have been.

Some of my favorites...

1988 I went to Spring Training in Orlando to see the World Champion Minnesota Twins for a week. The day we landed we drove down to Sebring for the 12 Hours of Sebring sports car race with Jaguar vs. Porsche. We took in a ball game every day, seeing Brett Saberhagen vs. Roger Clemens one day when the Twins travelled too far. We also went to Epcot Center one day and up to Daytona to check out spring break one night, saw Eddie Money and got our rental car stuck in the mud in the middle of the night and didn't get back to Orlando until 7 am the next morning. Good times.

One year I started out in Minneapolis and went to Chicago, taking in a White Sox game at old Comiskey Park. From there I went to The Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course to see the CART Indy Car race over the weekend. After that I drove to Niagara Falls and then on to Toronto. I went to the Blue Jays game that night. It was the first year of Skydome and they broke the attendance record that night. As a result I got an acrylic frame for my ticket that reads "I helped break the major league attendance record" and the date on it and a free program. The next day I went up the CN Tower and got to see them open and close the SkyDome roof from directly overhead. Way cool. I also went to the Hockey Hall of Fame (when it was not downtown yet) and an NHL preseason game at Maple Leaf Gardens, which was immediately next door to my hotel, and saw the Leafs take on the Quebec Nordiques.

After leaving Toronto, I went back through Windsor, Ontario and spent the day shopping before heading off to Chicago. Once back in Chicago, I went to a Cubs vs. Mets game at Wrigley Field. Then I headed up to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin to Road America for the next CART Indy Car race over the weekend.

That was 11 days, 3 Major League baseball games, 1 NHL game, 2 Indy Car races and 1 Hall of Fame.

One other trip I flew to Detroit and rented a car. I went to the Ford Museum and then again spent the day in Windsor after getting a Coney Island at Lafayette Coney Island in downtown Detroit. That night I watched the Twins take on the Tigers since it was the last year for Tiger Stadium. I sat in a different section every inning, eventually doing a lap of the staduim. All I kept thinking all game was Ty freakin' Cobb played here!

The next morning I drove to Chicago, unfortunately missing the 1998 Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup Victory Parade. My favorite band had broken up about 4 years prior and the lead singer/songwriter was doing an acoustic tour with his old guitarist and was playing in Chicago that night. It was a fun night to hear the old songs live once more, especially in the acoustic format. A small group of fans from the band's yahoo group all met up before hand and also hung out afterwards with Miles and Malcom and I got to tell him the story about the time I went to Paris, France to see them live and at one point HE bought ME a drink. That was a thrill.

Before leaving Chicago I, of course, took in a game at Wrigley Field.

What are your best sports road trips?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I drove from Louisville to Cincinnati for a Reds game against the Colorado Rockies.

The best part? Stopping at Chipotle on the way there.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

My dad, uncle and I took an annual trip to Milwaukee to see the Twins play outdoors (1986-1990, 1992). Saw a lot of great games (Kirby's 10 hits in two days, including 6 for 6 in 1987) and had a lot of fun with good-natured Brewers fans. I was booed by a few thousand Brewer fans for dropping a BP homer on my first trip (1986, age 12. Had a glove. Had no business dropping it). That was a great summer trip every year. Went to 2 games in 1986 and the entire 3 game series the rest of the years. Only lost one game to rainout. I may die early because of the number of brats I at at those 16 games.

Have seen the Twins play in:

-Metrodome

-Old Met Stadium

-County Stadium (see above)

-Miller Park

-Wrigley Field

-"New" Comisky

-"Old" Busch

-Yankee Stadium (Won a trip on a KQ92 radio contest to see the Twins open in NY in 1988 when I was in 7th grade)

-Oriole Park

1996. Senior year of college. Went to Iowa to see Wisconsin football. We were obnoxious. Talking :censored: to the Iowa fans/students. There were four of us. We got into Iowa City at about 10:00 PM on Friday evening with no place to stay. Wandered into the Airliner (Bar owned, I think, by Brad Lohaus). One of us found an apartment floor to sleep on. Got up the next morning, found the stadium and acted like obnoxious drunks before, during and after the game. And the Iowa fans were great. Truely nice and good humored about our antics. The fact taht we lost like 35 to 3 did not shut us up either. Ironically, two years later, I went to that game in the Iowa student section, as I went to grad school at the U of Iowa.

1997. Wisconsin at Northwestern. Again, we were obnoxious. Some of the older people in front of us were less amused than the Iowa fans.

2001. Wisconsin at Illinois. No great stories. Illinois killed us. I left right after the game. I guess one of the group was caught pissing in public downtown that night in Champaign. The cop asked him for his ID. When he have the ID to the cop, the cop looked at it and said "you're 27 and still doing THIS?"

2004. My wife and I lived in Connecticut and made the drive to Albany to watch Wisconsin play Maine for a trip to the Frozen Four. Maine obviously outnumbered the hell out of Wisconsin in terms of fans. But Wisconsin outdid Maine in terms of pre-game and during-game noise. Unfortunately, Maine won 2-1 in OT.

Also have gone to many games with my wife. Some just to go to the game (Kaufman Stadium, Chicago Blackhawks, New Comisky, Shea, Yankee Stadium) and others within the context of a trip (Safeco, Phillies stadium, Commerica, Savvis Center, Wrigley, Fenway) ETC.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'll just list off a few.. all from seattle.. all just me and my dad. good times.

2002- San Francisco and Oakland

2003- Minnesota for two games

2005- Oakland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Diego, Arizona

and in 5 days I'm taking a two game road trip down to oakland for a few A's games for spring break.

My Sports Trips All in Summer

2001-Toronto (Jays, HHOF)

2002-Cleveland (Indians), Toronto (Jays)

2003-Toronto (Jays)

2004-Toronto (Jays)

2005-Pittsburgh (Pirates), Toronto (Jays)

2006-Cleveland (Indians)

2007-Hopefully NY for Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, and Sightseeing

saBS.png

My favorite sports trips

Going to Milwaukee for game 7 of the opening round of the AHL playoffs between Cincinnati and Milwaukee. Very few of us Ducks fans were there and we were very loud. With twelve seconds left in the game the Ducks broke the tie knocking the defending champion Admirals out of the playoffs. When the horn sounded we all threw rubber ducks on the ice much to the dismay of the admiral fans (and Bradley Center security and ushers) and then as the Ducks headed toward the locker room, we blared a cd player over the tunnel playing the Raffi (childrens artist) song "Ducks Like Rain" The Ducks played that song after every home win and we thought it would make the players happy as we caught some of them dancing on the ice to it durring previous games.

My second favorite was years ago when the same AHL Ducks played at the Hershey Bears at the Hersheypark Arena. I loved seeing the Goalies fight despite the Cincinnati loss

Signature intentionally left blank

I have too many to share them all.

One particular memorable venture was Mexico City, for a soccer match featuring the Pumas and America, two bitter rivals.

It was the size and passion of the 100,000+ crowd that blew me away, the flags, the songs, and the spirit of the place. It was unlike any other sporting event I've been to.

I've seen World Series games, championship NFL games, Premiere League matches in London, and hockey games at the Forum in Montreal, but none of those matched that soccer game in terms of vitality and enthusiasm.

My road trip earlier this month to Spokane, WA to see Winthrop in March Madness on my Spring Break was the greatest for me...

My blog pretty much says more than anything I can post here. I'm pretty sure non-Myspace members will be able to read it, if not, and you're interested...I'll figure something out.

Another rather lengthy video about the team's journey can be found here...unfortunately, they couldn't show any game footage from the tournament because apparently it's owned by CBS, so there's just game commentary dubbed over photos (one of me) but other than that it's a decent video.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

2003: Spring Training games in Dunedin, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota capped off with a trip to the St. Pete Times Forum for the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament. All in all not a bad week. The weather didn't suck either. That was the most "sports intensive" trip I've ever been on.

Others:

2005: Lakeland: Phillies vs. Tigers Spring Training.

2004: St. Petersburg: Angels vs. Rays at Tropicana.

1997: Toronto: Indians vs. Jays

1997: Binghamton: Trenton Thunder vs. Binghamton Mets

1996: Baltimore: Indians vs. O's (rained out but I did spend about three hours at Camden Yards)

1995: Albany: for the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

1985: Cincinnati: Pirates vs. Reds (Pete Rose was 8 hits away from the record)

1983(?): Fort Wayne: Goaldiggers vs. Komets IHL playoffs. (nothing beat the old "Iron League")

1983(?): Saginaw: Goaldiggers vs. Gears IHL Turner Cup Finals if memory serves.

1983: Pontiac: Browns vs. Lions

BB52Big.jpg

I've taken a "Baseball Excursion" if you will, each of the last 5 years except for last year. (I'm from SoCal, btw)

'02- A's, Giants, D'Backs....the BOB (that's how I'll always refer to it) is one sweet park.

'03- Red Sox, Yanks, O's- I actually saw the Yanks twice on that trip, once in NY and once in BAL

'04- Reds, Indians....saw an extra-inning Cards-Reds game in Cincy

'05- Cards, Brewers, White Sox, Cubs....went with my aunt and uncle who are Cards fans, which I can't stand (but they're also Colts fans, so that part's okay with me :D ) I enjoyed most of the game (Against the Braves, and Atlanta was winning most of the way). Then David friggin' Eckstein has to hit that grand slam

'07??- Rangers, Astros?

But yea...that's the extent of my sporting road trips...

espnsig.gif

Well I have multiple if you count all the times I flew home from Alaska to see any Red Sox or Patriots games. oh ROAD trips ok. Well in 2005 I treated my parents who both are avid Sox fans to a 25th anniversary present of Red Sox-Cubs tix in Chicago. I drove them out there from Boston and got to see them play at Wrigley Field and see them play for the first time since 1918. They lost of course but I went to the game the next day as well to ensure that they could at least pull out one victory for me in Chi-town...they almost came back and won but alas, another loss. Though i did get a ball tossed up by Alan Embree so it's not all a total loss. Of course the 3rd game they massacred the Cubbies. Was a great trip. And since 2 days before seeing them play in Chicago I watched them play at home against the Angels, 3 games in a week's vacation. Was great!

Although I try to always see a sporting event while on a road trip or vacation, three specific trips stick out in my mind:

1) In 1988, me and two buddies drove from Atlanta to Philly so one could buy his cousin's car (his cousin lives in Philly). We caught the Cubs vs. Phillies one night at the Vet, then the following day, we took a day trip to NY and caught the Cubs that night against the Mets.

2) In 1986, three of my buddies had a road trip planned from New Orleans to Houston to catch two days of games of a Mets-Astros series. At the last minute, I tagged along and was only able to get an adjoining seat for the Sunday game. Luckily, for the Saturday night game, they were in the last row with a concourse behind them, so I just stood behind them and we all enjoyed the game. The Sunday game was a kicker, though-- an afternoon game that turned into a 17 inning or so drawn out affair; Keith Hernandez must've fouled off 11 pitches in one at-bat... we stayed for the whole game, of course, and wound up leaving Houston late and getting back to New Orleans well after midnight.

3) THE WINNER-- In 1996, the first year of the Baltimore Ravens, I flew up to my visit my friend in DC and he had tickets for us to catch the Saints game in Baltimore.. the weekend was a blast, Baltimore was cool; we met up with a bunch of locals at a bar called "Nacho Mama's", drank "Natty Bo" beer and rode with them on their bus to the game... (Saints lost, of course). We drove back to DC that afternoon, and that evening, in an inspired moment, got on the Metro and went to RFK, where we scored some tickets on the street and caught the Redskins vs. the Jets in the ESPN Sundy night game. That's right, TWO NFL GAMES IN ONE DAY!!! :D

Anybody else done a two-in-one day like that?

It is what it is.

I've yet to embark on my greatest sports road trip, but it starts on May 14.

The best part about the whole thing, and the reason behind some of the perks that you'll see below, is that this trip is for a class. In fact, it's the whole class. The University of South Carolina has a Maymester program, where students can take accelerated courses during the month of May after Spring finals have ended. As a Sports and Entertainment Management major I am eligible to take a Maymester course titled SPTE 490M: Professional Baseball Stadium Operations.

We start here in Columbia, SC and will work our way up, down, then back up the east coast on a coach bus. It's $1900 plus normal tuition for a 3 credit course... absolutely an incredible value and an amazing opportunity. Here's the rundown:

May 14: Columbia, SC

- Lecture and tour of Capital City Stadium

May 15: Greenville, SC

- West End Field: Augusta Greenjackets @ Greenville Drive

- Discussion of stadium operations with GM Mike Demaine

May 16: Charleston, SC

- Joseph P. Riley Jr. Park: Rome Braves @ Charleston Riverdogs

May 17: Richmond, VA

- The Diamond: Rochester Red Wings @ Richmond Braves

May 18: Philadelphia, PA

- Citizens Bank Park: Toronto Blue Jays @ Philadelphia Phillies

May 19: New York, NY

- Shea Stadium: New York Yankees @ New York Mets

May 20: Washington, DC

- RFK Stadium: Baltimore Orioles @ Washington Nationals

- Discussion of new ballpark with Nationals team officials

May 21: Bowie, MD

- New Briton Rock Cats @ Bowie BaySox

- Discussion of operations with GM Brian Shallcross

May 22: Baltimore, MD

- Oriole Park @ Camden Yards: Toronto Blue Jays @ Baltimore Orioles

May 23: Myrtle Beach, SC

- Coastal Federal Field: Winston-Salem Warthogs @ Myrtle Beach Pelicans

May 24: St. Petersburg, FL

- Tropicana Field: Seattle Mariners @ Tampa Bay Devil Rays

May 25: Bradenton, FL

- Visit to Minor League Baseball offices

- Game to be determined

May 26: Atlanta, GA

- Turner Field: Philadelphia Phillies @ Atlanta Braves

So that's it. 12 days, 12 baseball games. 6 major league, 6 minor league. The creme de la creme, of course, is Yankees-Mets at Shea. As a New Yorker and a diehard Yankee fan, it's pretty exciting knowing that I'm going to get to see a game on this trip that I wouldn't have been able to get tickets for if I was home. Envy me. I demand it.

And when it's all done, I fly back to New York and go to work in the ticketing office for the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League for the second year.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I've yet to embark on my greatest sports road trip, but it starts on May 14.

The best part about the whole thing, and the reason behind some of the perks that you'll see below, is that this trip is for a class. In fact, it's the whole class. The University of South Carolina has a Maymester program, where students can take accelerated courses during the month of May after Spring finals have ended. As a Sports and Entertainment Management major I am eligible to take a Maymester course titled SPTE 490M: Professional Baseball Stadium Operations.

We start here in Columbia, SC and will work our way up, down, then back up the east coast on a coach bus. It's $1900 plus normal tuition for a 3 credit course... absolutely an incredible value and an amazing opportunity. Here's the rundown:

May 14: Columbia, SC

- Lecture and tour of Capital City Stadium

May 15: Greenville, SC

- West End Field: Augusta Greenjackets @ Greenville Drive

- Discussion of stadium operations with GM Mike Demaine

May 16: Charleston, SC

- Joseph P. Riley Jr. Park: Rome Braves @ Charleston Riverdogs

May 17: Richmond, VA

- The Diamond: Rochester Red Wings @ Richmond Braves

May 18: Philadelphia, PA

- Citizens Bank Park: Toronto Blue Jays @ Philadelphia Phillies

May 19: New York, NY

- Shea Stadium: New York Yankees @ New York Mets

May 20: Washington, DC

- RFK Stadium: Baltimore Orioles @ Washington Nationals

- Discussion of new ballpark with Nationals team officials

May 21: Bowie, MD

- New Briton Rock Cats @ Bowie BaySox

- Discussion of operations with GM Brian Shallcross

May 22: Baltimore, MD

- Oriole Park @ Camden Yards: Toronto Blue Jays @ Baltimore Orioles

May 23: Myrtle Beach, SC

- Coastal Federal Field: Winston-Salem Warthogs @ Myrtle Beach Pelicans

May 24: St. Petersburg, FL

- Tropicana Field: Seattle Mariners @ Tampa Bay Devil Rays

May 25: Bradenton, FL

- Visit to Minor League Baseball offices

- Game to be determined

May 26: Atlanta, GA

- Turner Field: Philadelphia Phillies @ Atlanta Braves

So that's it. 12 days, 12 baseball games. 6 major league, 6 minor league. The creme de la creme, of course, is Yankees-Mets at Shea. As a New Yorker and a diehard Yankee fan, it's pretty exciting knowing that I'm going to get to see a game on this trip that I wouldn't have been able to get tickets for if I was home. Envy me. I demand it.

And when it's all done, I fly back to New York and go to work in the ticketing office for the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League for the second year.

winner.

an NHL preseason game at Maple Leaf Gardens, which was immediately next door to my hotel, and saw the Leafs take on the Quebec Nordiques.

Interesting, the first NHL game I ever went to was a Leafs/Nords pre-season game at the Gardens around the same time (late Sept. 1990)... I'm thinking you and I were at the same very sparsely attended game

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

an NHL preseason game at Maple Leaf Gardens, which was immediately next door to my hotel, and saw the Leafs take on the Quebec Nordiques.

Interesting, the first NHL game I ever went to was a Leafs/Nords pre-season game at the Gardens around the same time (late Sept. 1990)... I'm thinking you and I were at the same very sparsely attended game

Ha! That's the one. The date on my Blue Jays ticket is Sept. 17, 1990, making the hockey game the 18th or perhaps the 19th.

Creamer, our paths cross again!

My lasting memory of Maple Leaf Gardens was the dense haze in the corridors between periods where, if you gazed just strongly enough through the ever thickening fog, you could just make out the sign that read "No Smoking". :hockeysmiley:

The smokiest non-smoking building I've ever been in! I think the old-timers must have decided that if they smoked before the sign went up they were Grandfathered in and didn't need to follow any new rules. :flagcanada: Gave the place even more character, like it really needed any more.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I've never been to Air Canada Centre, but Maple Leaf Gardens was a very unique venue.

It had some of the worst acoustics ever. I was at the big Who concert at the Gardens that was simulcast back in the 80's, and it sounded much better on the simulcast (as the sound came straight off the board), than it did in the Gardens itself. I once saw U2 in the Gardens, where the sound was unbelievably bad.

I also had the interesting experience of living a block or two away from the Gardens in the early 80's. You could always tell when the Leafs were playing, because the prostitutes would double in number just before and after the game. If the prostitutes were still turning tricks in high number at midnight, it meant the Leafs had won. :)

But there was a sense of history to the Gardens. There was something about sitting in a seat, that you knew had watched Muhammad Ali, The Beatles, the first ever NBA game and some of the greatest Stanley Cup teams of all time. It gave you a tangible sense of energy.

I am sure ACC is great, but I wonder if it has the same sense of "awe" the Gardens had. Probably has less prostitutes lingers around too. :)

Although I try to always see a sporting event while on a road trip or vacation, three specific trips stick out in my mind:

1) In 1988, me and two buddies drove from Atlanta to Philly so one could buy his cousin's car (his cousin lives in Philly). We caught the Cubs vs. Phillies one night at the Vet, then the following day, we took a day trip to NY and caught the Cubs that night against the Mets.

2) In 1986, three of my buddies had a road trip planned from New Orleans to Houston to catch two days of games of a Mets-Astros series. At the last minute, I tagged along and was only able to get an adjoining seat for the Sunday game. Luckily, for the Saturday night game, they were in the last row with a concourse behind them, so I just stood behind them and we all enjoyed the game. The Sunday game was a kicker, though-- an afternoon game that turned into a 17 inning or so drawn out affair; Keith Hernandez must've fouled off 11 pitches in one at-bat... we stayed for the whole game, of course, and wound up leaving Houston late and getting back to New Orleans well after midnight.

3) THE WINNER-- In 1996, the first year of the Baltimore Ravens, I flew up to my visit my friend in DC and he had tickets for us to catch the Saints game in Baltimore.. the weekend was a blast, Baltimore was cool; we met up with a bunch of locals at a bar called "Nacho Mama's", drank "Natty Bo" beer and rode with them on their bus to the game... (Saints lost, of course). We drove back to DC that afternoon, and that evening, in an inspired moment, got on the Metro and went to RFK, where we scored some tickets on the street and caught the Redskins vs. the Jets in the ESPN Sundy night game. That's right, TWO NFL GAMES IN ONE DAY!!! :D

Anybody else done a two-in-one day like that?

Your lucky to get to see the Ravens in their first year and its Natty Boh not Natty Bo. Its also the greatest beer ever. :trophy:

543733885_m.gif

bmoresig.png

'and they don't question what I say cause I'm a ladies Pimp"

Shmee's trip reminded me a little bit about the 3-week tour I did with my then-girlfriend after my first year of medical school (my last summer off... probably ever :mad:). After years of plans my dad and I made that never worked out to get out to Chicago and catch games in Wrigley and (old) Comiskey, I finally took matters into my own hands. After careful planning, my girlfriend and I logged almost 5,000 miles, and caught 8 games in 21 nights. The itinerary went a little something like this:

Philadelphia -> Pittsburgh [Three Rivers Stadium (RIP), Mets @ Pirates] -> Cleveland [Jacobs Field, White Sox @ Indians] -> Milwaukee (14 hours from home) [County Stadium (RIP), Braves @ Brewers, day game - where I learned the magic and majesty of day baseball, cold beer and a warm brat with Secret Stadium Sauce] -> Chicago [Wrigley Field, Padres @ Cubs... White Sox were out of town, had to skip (new) Comiskey)] -> Detroit [Tiger Stadium (RIP), Cardinals @ Tigers... still have a souvenir cup; sat in the lower deck RF bleachers] -> Ottawa -> Niagara Falls -> Toronto [SkyDome, Angels @ Blue Jays, watched some of it from the Hard Rock in RF] -> Montreal [Stade Olympique (RIP), Red Sox @ Expos, Pedro on the hill for Boston, 7,000 Vermonters in the crowd; I'd been there before, and my uncle helped build the place in the 1970s] -> Quebec City -> Portland, Maine -> Boston [Fenway Park, Twins @ Red Sox].

My timing was fortunate, as I caught games in 4 stadiums that no longer hold games. Of course, I need to double back and check out the new parks. My wife and I are working on a California trip; we're definitely going to get the 3 SoCal parks done, but a side trip to Vegas may preclude us from getting up to the Bay, but we will be getting there soon.

Most of my other sports trips were either weekends down to Baltimore (or once, up to Baltimore for a dreadful 10-10 Eagles/Ravens tie on my birthday that was the COLDEST DAY OF MY LIFE) or road trips for college football games (to Penn State, to :cursing: UVA, and Auburn; LSU @ Auburn was the best college atmosphere I've ever been a part of, and great tailgating too!).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Ha! That's the one. The date on my Blue Jays ticket is Sept. 17, 1990, making the hockey game the 18th or perhaps the 19th.

Creamer, our paths cross again!

My lasting memory of Maple Leaf Gardens was the dense haze in the corridors between periods where, if you gazed just strongly enough through the ever thickening fog, you could just make out the sign that read "No Smoking". :hockeysmiley:

The smokiest non-smoking building I've ever been in! I think the old-timers must have decided that if they smoked before the sign went up they were Grandfathered in and didn't need to follow any new rules. :flagcanada: Gave the place even more character, like it really needed any more.

JeffB

I wish I could remember as much as you about the game but unfortunately I was only eight at the time :o)

I did catch a puck at the end of the game when one of the leaf players just flipped it into the crowd... still have it too!

img016.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Archived