The Milwaukee Indians?

Sec19Row53

Apparently Tampa Bay and Houston were backup plans if Milwaukee could not accommodate the Indians.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C142/

I suppose either of those cities would have been acceptable ------ if the commissioner's daughter owned either of the franchises that play there.

The Seligs are completely out of the ownership picture -- have been for three years now.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only in Ohio...Only in Cleveland. God hates us. :D

With good reason.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Never let facts get in the way of a good consipiracy theory . . . smartypants.

Sorry, Yale. There are enough impressionable youth around here that I didn't feel like letting the sarcasm go un-shot-down (it's not a word, but you know what I mean).

Milwaukee is supporting this pretty well - the lower bowl is already sold out for the first two games. Thursday should be a hard sell, though, given the noon start time.

It's where I sit.

Never let facts get in the way of a good consipiracy theory . . . smartypants.

Sorry, Yale. There are enough impressionable youth around here that I didn't feel like letting the sarcasm go un-shot-down (it's not a word, but you know what I mean).

You make a valid point. Very well. I respectfully withdraw the "smartypants" sobriquet.

Killjoy.

So far 30,000 total tickets sold.

That might mean: 10,000 each or

20,000 5,000 5,000

Sabathia and Santana are pitching tonight. Plus mix in V. Guerrero, G. Anderson, Sizemore and Pronk. So maybe tonight's game draws the highest number.

They're only selling tickets in the lower bowl to make it easier to "work" the stadium (you don't need to staff upper concessions and ushers if you don't let people go there). When the Brewers did something similar to this a few years ago for a minor league game between Beloit and Wisconsin, they drew in the neighborhood of 15,000 IIRC, but needed to let people into the second level because the main bowl filled up.

signed - killjoy :P

This from Don Walker's Business of Sports blog at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

TUESDAY, April 10, 2007, 2:10 p.m.

Baseball fans take to Indians, Angels

As of Tuesday afternoon, 10,000 tickets have been sold for tonight's game between the Cleveland Indians and the Los Angeles Angels at Miller Park.

To date, another 8,000 tickets have been sold for the Wednesday game, and 4,500 for the Thursday afternoon game.

Given the fact most casual sports fans might not know much about the Indians or the Angels, that's a pretty impressive sale so far.

The games tonight and Wednesday begin at 6:05 p.m. Thursday's game begins at 12:05 p.m.

Tickets are $10 a seat. Parking is an additional $8.

Tyler Barnes, a Milwaukee Brewers spokesman, said that, in 2004, when two games between the Florida Marlins and the Montreal Expos were played in Chicago, total sales were just under 10,000 combined.

It's where I sit.

Doesn't surprise me - it's a chance to see some new faces, and Milwaukee is a good baseball town (despite being abandoned by one team looking for a fast southern buck and continually disappointed by a second).

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Apparently Tampa Bay and Houston were backup plans if Milwaukee could not accommodate the Indians.

I suppose either of those cities would have been acceptable ------ if the commissioner's daughter owned either of the franchises that play there.

She doesn't own the Brewers, either.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

She doesn't own the Brewers, either.

"She" doesn't even exist. Wendy is just Bud in drag...

Doesn't surprise me - it's a chance to see some new faces, and Milwaukee is a good baseball town (despite being abandoned by one team looking for a fast southern buck and continually disappointed by a second).

True that. Where else could a team go on a decade long losing streak and still expect to pull a million fans through the gate?

I used to go to County Stadium every year and I feel that Milwaukee is definately a great baseball town.

If I lived there, I'd have gotten right in line. To get $50 seats for 10 bucks, I'd have done it. I can't afford the best baseball seats any more, so this would give me a chance to see MLB from the good seats for cheap.

And the small crowd would make the parking, etc. easier.

Cleveland has to be taking a beating here. $10 tickets (plus parking revenue) for small crowds and I imagine that the Brewers at least get reimbursed for what they have to pay to operate the parking/concessions, etc.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Irony striking while it can -- we could get 12 inches of snow by tomorrow night. While the game won't be in jeopardy, we'll see how many fans can make it to Miller Park. If I get there, I'm going to try to bring in a snow ball!

More from Don Walker's blog:

TUESDAY, April 10, 2007, 9:04 p.m.

Fans flock to Miller Park

A total of 19,031 fans showed up Tuesday night for the Cleveland Indians-Los Angeles Angels game at Miller Park.

That's an impressive turnout for the hastily called game. Milwaukee Brewers' spokesman Tyler Barnes said the walkup crowd was around 8,000.

The two teams will meet again Wednesday night at 6:05 p.m., followed by a 12:05 p.m. game on Thursday.

Barnes said the Brewers had already sold an estimated 10,000 tickets for Wednesday's game. More than 6,000 have been sold so far for the Thursday afternoon game.

Tickets for the games are $10 apiece. Parking in the preferred parking lots is going for $8. The general parking lots are not open for the series.

It's where I sit.

Hats off to Milwaukee!! Fans of the Brewers, Indians, Angels & baseball in general... have put 19,000 in Miller Park tonight.

The lower two levels look completely full!!

Milwaukee IS a great baseball city! It feels like an honor that these games were chosen to be played here. It'll be weird making my first trip to a game at MP this year for Thursday afternoon's match up, but it's pretty cool. A once in a lifetime kinda moment.

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived