Vancouver Canucks Jersey Concept

philroy

My apologies in advance for jumping on the recoloured-Orca bandwagon.

This is inspired by the 07-08 NHL Logos thread. Early in the thread, there was talk about the limitations of recolouring the Orca into blue and green, because the bottom of the C had to be blue; Bayne (IIRC) suggested using white instead. It sounded like a good idea, and since I hadn't seen it done already, I took a shot. The result is below - using silver, rather than white.

I like the Native-Canadian style of the Orca, so I wanted to incorporate a bit of that into the jersey. The pattern in the side panels is derived from a couple of common shapes used as space fillers in Native art (according to what I read, anyway). The arm striping is shown as a whole on the left; it's meant to make a V-shape - to keep things consistent with the V-shape in the side panel pattern, and as a nod to the Canucks flying V jerseys, which also made a V near the cuffs.

All done rambling... C&C is welcome.

canucksconcept-white.jpg

canucksconcept-road.jpg

Edit: Blue version added

canucksconcept-blue.jpg

I get the V on the sleeve, but why rounded and not wrapped around the full sleeve? It would look out of place, and probably get lost in the folds of the sleeve if this was actually worn. I kinda like the striping down the sides of the sweater, but I'm not crazy about the changes to the logo. The silver is getting lost against the white of the jersey. Nice work overall though.

wow. i like every bit of it except the logo. but thats not your fault. to make that logo fit in with the blue/green scheme is impossible

as a northwesterner, i 'd say you did a great job with the NW art,

my only other suggestion is to not make the dark jersey green, but rather, blue. (or even black might look sleek)

wow. i like every bit of it except the logo. but thats not your fault. to make that logo fit in with the blue/green scheme is impossible

as a northwesterner, i 'd say you did a great job with the NW art,

my only other suggestion is to not make the dark jersey green, but rather, blue. (or even black might look sleek)

Yeah, the home jersey should be blue. That green just isn't working for me.

This is very unique. I especiallly like how it translates well to the culture of that area and how you brought back the blue and green. However, I dont like the whale logo. If you tried to use the "C-Stick" logo it might work... but a jersey like this deserves to have a logo designed for it, not the other way around, if you know what i mean.

oBIgzrL.png

i think the native art would go great on top of the "V" as well, to balance it out...also extent the side panels to the seam on the jersey, so it curves in just a bit at the end there.

Quality work tho man, SUPER clean

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

If they ever made a jersey like that, wow, the vintage jerseys would sell off the hook.

Great for the vintage jersey sales.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Brilliant work ... love the colours, love the native-style work down the sides, I even like the recolouring of the orca logo (although it looks too small on the jerseys). The all-green uniform might look a bit sickening on the ice, but I think this is an excellent merge of old and new.

:flagcanada:

Go Van

Cheers,

Greg

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

if the underarm-pattern were to repeat all the way into the armpit a little more, instead of just disappearing, it would be that much nicer.

as it stands, the stripes just disappear. if you could somehow arch them so they curve into the armpit seem, it would look better.

Hmmmm I'm not too keen on the green jersey, but the overall design is quite good. I know it was my idea for the white 'C'/ice, but I'm starting to think it doesnt look as good as I thought it might. However, I don't think you can really do much better than that with the green blue and white colour combo. I would like to see the same dark jersey but in dark blue instead of green. I think that would make the logo stand out a little more and make the green more of a trimming colour, like the orange is for anahiem.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I am not a hockey fan really, so I don't know how history plays into this sort of thing, (if people of the region would like the color change, keeping the current logo, or the minimized V sleeves). But I am a consumer, and I do know that these look great and I would be tempted to buy a green one because they look so good. The silver of the C does get lost on the white jersey, but that just makes the whale pop more. The green jersey could work as blue, but then the whale might be getting lost into the background, you will hafta try it out and see. Overall this concept kicks @ss, very impressive.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The reason for the shape on the sleeve, rather than wrapping it all the way around, was an attempt to abide by the Edge template.

I thought the green would work as the dominant road colour, since it's unique to the league. Consensus says I'm wrong. :D Here's the blue version, in the current format.

I'll try extending the side panels up, as suggested.

canucksconcept-blue.jpg

Not a big fan of the green primary, but I like it as a concept. I don't generally like side panels, but those look alright. The arm V looks a bit like a whale's flukes to me. Is that intentional?

Archived