Fort Wayne Mad Antz

Dilbert

Woah...that is a GREAT logo.

ftwayne_poster_300.gif

EDIT: Just noticed that if I'd like to go to a game, I better hurry. Tickets are going MAD FAST!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

OMFG... not Towers... not Giants... not something big that implies strength in the sport... but just the opposite.

Were Mad Dwarves and Angry Midgets taken?

I'm not that fond of the name either, but there is actually some logic behind it. The name is a tribute (to use the term loosely) to General "Mad Anthony" Wayne, for whom Fort Wayne is named. You would think "Generals" would get the job done, but apparently not.

IIRC, this came up in a thread a while back, however I don't have the patience to look for it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The name is ridiculous, though I remember the ownership attaching some tenuous historical significance to it. The logo, though, looks flippin' fantastic. Evocative of something you'd see in a fallout shelter. And that fits in perfectly with the '50s sci-fi/monster movie wordmark.

Well played, Mad Ants. Also, thank you for not pluralizing with a "Z."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

About as bad as the Atlanta Krunk of the CBA. Colors aren't bad...of the other proposed names I would have gone with Fire and used the same colors.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

You're right - the thread name confused me for a second there.

Sorry bout that my finger slipped on the keyboard

Signature intentionally left blank

man i if its in ft wayne those tix arent going mad fast

does anyone know they will where play indiana tech or memorial coliseum

boyoboy can you hook me up with some tix

by the way mad ants isnt such a bad name mad anthony was a general in fort wayne like a fort not to rename the city

Kometsdoitagain.jpg

2008 and 2009 BACK 2 BACK Turner Cup Champions FORT WAYNE KOMETS

IM BAAACK!

You're right - the thread name confused me for a second there.

Sorry bout that my finger slipped on the keyboard

Yeah for a minute there I thought Fort Wayne was in Utah.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Reason why the name is dumb:

EVERY sports page and sports report on tv will report the follow if/when their D-League team beats Fort Wayne:

(Insert D-League Team Name Here) Squashes the Antz.

Cliches FTL.

Archived