Pair O' NBA Designs

Starchild

Been a long time since I've fixed one of these bad boys up. I was suddenly reinspired over the last month and a half (before I left for Israel) to crank a couple out, so I went with my natural inspiration, the New York Knicks and then moved all the way to the west coast and did something for the Golden State Warriors after they upset Dallas. I don't know how I feel about them... I like 'em, but at the same time, something is bugging me about the Warriors one moreso than the Knicks, which is just a sort of clean-up and small tweak from two previous jersey designs I posted.

Nothing radical about the Knicks one to mention, just played around with the cut of the jersey more than anything else. As for the Warriors, I love their current logo - only I'm not too big on the color scheme. So I did what I seem to do for every concept I whip up and combine a classic look with something modern and present the bastard child to the masses. All criticism welcome and wanted...

Oh, and speaking of my trip to Israel, I might start cranking out some Israeli Baseball League concepts. I watched the inaugural game live on television from Eilat and was really horrified by the garbage these guys had on (among other things... like the quality of baseball).

New York Knicks concept

Golden State Warriors concept

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Dude, not really a basketball fan, but I would buy that Knicks alternate and/or both Golden State jerseys in a heartbeat! Great work, Starchild!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I like 'em, but I'm in the same boat as you: Something not quite right that I can't put my finger on.

The Knicks' concept is nice, although I'm not too keen on the butt-stripes. The numbers are incredibly large in my opinion, especially in comparison to the smaller scripts and nameplates. I don't really like the alternate too much either.

As for the Warriors, I'm in love with what you did with the logo. Old colors go much better than the new ones. It's kinda like when the Pistons tried the teal and red. The only thing I don't like is that the jerseys don't really match the progressive design that the logo almost needs; almost as if you could slap on the retro logos and, boom, they'd fit. Don't get me wrong, they are fabulous jerseys, but it's like painting and 1990 Nissan Sentra with flames and putting on chrome spinners: Looks nice, but doesn't fit.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Knicks is def not doin it for me..the top is pretty much the suns, and the bottom pretty much raptors.

On the other hand, the Warriors is pretty much money if you ask me..looks REAL nice

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Oooh...the Warriors one is terrific! Very nicely done. Those colors are far better than the orange and navy mess they have today.

About the Knicks; is it my monitor? Or did you switch the blue for purple?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

i like these concepts.

imo the current knicks jerseys are better than what u have here. i just think that what they have now works better. and i agree that i really thought of the suns when i saw ur concept. its still good, just not for that team. i like the alternate just not the woodmark too much. i think its a little too much for the conservative knicks

as for the warriors, i absolutely love this. ur concept is what i think golden state should look like. original nice colors with a more modern design. the only warriors concept i have liked more is the one where the bridge was incorporated into the shorts.

BTW: i have tons of family in Israel. Mostly in Bat Yam, and Tel Aviv. i was there last summer during the war with lebanon. and i went down to Eil Lat. its so beautiful. Is that where u were staying the whole time?

Yeah, the blue does look purple to me too, but the Alt looks really good.

I absolutely love the Warriors set, I don't think I've seen anyone mix the new logo with the old colors before. It looks real sharp.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I don't understand the need for black for the Knicks. I like the white jersey for the Knicks, but the blue jersey throws me off because it has so much black. THe butt stripe is also pointless.

The Warriors colors are nice, but the jersey isn't working for me. You seem to like to not continue the stripe on the shorts onto the jersey. That isn't as bad on the Knicks one but it ruins the Warriors for me. The stripe should be blue on the white jersey for that one, too.

I really like the Warriors, nicely done. I don't like the black on the jersey with the Knicks, just dump the black (the color people!). I do like what you did with that orange alternate, I like what you did with the wordmark.

Love that Warriors concept. Reminds me of that Run TMC offense from NBA '94 & '95 for none other than Sega Genesis. The colors just work. It brings the Warriors back to their success in the 80's and early 90's. I think the wordmarks and logos look better in these colors as opposed to the current colors and rest of the uniform which looks extremely dated and 1990's.

The Knicks I'm not as fond of. I'm not a fan of the striping patterns and I think the stripe on the back of the shorts is the most unnecessary part of the whole set. The orange uniforms seem a bit too modern for the Knicks, but they followed the fad of adding excessive amounts of black to their uniforms (also see New York Mets) so maybe the orange uniforms could work.

The Warriors are awesome, the Knicks, not as much. I say change the striping patterns on the Knicks and it could be better, but the Warriors are a winner for sure.

-E.A.R.

I generally don't like basketball uniforms. It's like, I can examine a well-designed one and admire the strength of its design, but usually even the best-designed basketball uniforms leave me cold.

Which is just to emphasize that I mean it as real praise when I say that I kind of like your warriors concept. I think it would look great in use on the court.

The Knicks one, not so much. Honestly, all I see is a Mets crossover, and I don't like how the Mets dress either.

20082614447.png

KNICKS: Meh. You made the most out of what little you have to work with. The Knicks' design needs a teardown more than a patch-up. Too much black, and I have never been crazy about the Subway Token logo - it comes off as forced, like the Suns and Hawks using "PHX" and "ATL".

WARRIORS: Bingo. I don't mind their current color scheme, but I'd love love love to see the return of the old colors. This brings back happy memories of watching Nellie and Run TMC play entertaining basketball... with their current team appearing to be a direct descendent in terms of sheer entertainment, a nod to the mid-'90s might be in order.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks for all the criticism thus far... everything is more or less on par with what was going on in my own head.

Oh, the blue in the Knicks is supposed to be blue, I guess it just appears more blue on my laptop than others... oh well.

And to sharplcd, I didn't stay in Eilat the whole time... that would be suicide. I stayed 4-5 days in Jerusalem, then a weekend in Tveria, then another 4-5 days in Tel Aviv, a weekend in Eilat and then a week again in Jerusalem to visit family and eat like a king.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived