Modified nhl sets

Roger Clemente

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the Caps, I think there is close to consensus that the changes you made need to be done.

I like your Isles 3rd, but I just don't think a white 3rd will fly with any team (due to the difficulty of wearing it at home). Have you tried recoloring it?

I like teh Caps blue jerseys but how would it look with the Capitla logo the one that's on the balck one. I think that would be an awesome combo.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I like the Islanders alt, but I agree with some of the other comments that it would be interesting to see it as a colored jersey rather than white.

I like the Capitals set and wish they would have kept all three of them with the black as the Alt.

In an earlier thread Snowcap30 was doing the NHL as he would like to see it, and did a really nice set of Ducks jerseys, with one of the changes being that instead of having three stripes separating the top of the jersey from the bottom, he only used two colors of equal width. I thought that was really, really a sharp look. That's about the only thing I would suggest different from the Ducks.

http://www.geocities.com/mikeyt30/uniforms/AMD.gif

I was also watching a Penguins game on the tube and agree that the gold stripe should be against a black background like you did.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I miised this yesterday for some reason--

Caps--the blue jersey looks great--better than the alt--which I don't dislike.

I haven't really formed an attachment of any sort to any of the Caps' jerseys--so messing with them doesn't bother me--leaving them the same?  Doesn't bother me.

Islanders--that 3rd is WAY better than the orange monstrosity they have now--that's way too much orange.  And the stripes?  Don't get me started.

The home & road ones are classics---nothing against lighthouses--but I like their regular logo--I don't know why so many people want to change it.  (Besides a lighthouse can be on the mainland too)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Today I bring you the Atlanta Thrashers.

I do not hate that T-bird logo. However I feel it is too ambiguous to be used as a main crest. So is used the shield logo on the front of each jersey.

I left the home and road jerseys the same. I think they're great the way they are now. I got rid of that uglyass third jersey they have now and just did a red version of their jerseys for a third.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Thrashers-Set.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Wow those Thrashers jerseys are rela nice I like the striping that looks like a wing as well as the sharo looking red alt. That should be their alt not the one the actually do have.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

the caps one is okay, only reason i didn't say anything is that there weren't many changes done.

the isles alt, looks good white.  might look good blue.  better than teh stupid looking orange one.

the atlanta feather flakes, basically it's a case that i'm a fan of the third and also the T-bird, and not a fan of the cereal bowl, nothin personal.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I got rid of that uglyass third jersey they have now and just did a red version of their jerseys for a third.

Bullseye! That red one is perfect. A very nice set of three.

There's only one thing that I'd try. The waist stripe on the blue one lacks contrast to me. So it would match the shoulder areas like the white and red ones do, and for a contrasting color to the main body of the jersey, I'd try yellow trim, a red background and either yellow or blue 'arrowheads'. Or are those beaks? ???

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Generally, my preference is for a team to have consistency between thier home & away jersey, and have the alt be different, but not to the point that you can't identify the team.

I like your Atlanta set. It brings that consistency that they're missing. While I'd usually like to see a true alt, yours seems to suit them best. The only thing I'd change is the stripe across the home jersey to red or gold to match the pattern of the other 2.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Today's entry is the Columbus Blue Jackets.

While their current white jersey is good, their current "home" jersey is amazingly plain.  It wouldn't feel right to keep them when you've got that amazing third jersey, so I dropped them and made a white version of it.  I know I'm not the first one to, but I felt it was a natural way to go.  I also made the pants blue, seeing as how the red pants seem a little odd with the third jersey that is primarily blue and black.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogercl....Set.gif

champssig2.png

For the Thrashers, I love their alt, so I dunno about that. As for their jerseys, when they have numbers, they are are fine, but on a hockey jersey, fans don't always have numbers. Then on the dark jersey you have pretty much no white. I think all jerseys need white if their other jersey is white. So, that's something that bugs me about the Thrashers.

The Blues jackets I think are good, but I dunno if they have any logos that are good enough to be a crest yet. I'm still iffy on the black, but you did a good job using it everywhere instead of just coming out of no where.

Today I bring the Phoenix Coyotes.

IMO, the one's they got now are too plain, so I added a little black and cream to the mix to liven them up a tad.  I left the pants red, but I added a Carolina-esque black stripe to it.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Coyotes-Set.gif

champssig2.png

Coyotes- much better with a third colour in there, really nice.

Columbus- The alternate logo is a great fit

Atlanta- where oh where can I buy one of those red ones? finally someone slaps the right log on those things. beautiful :)

Isles- a good alternate, but i too would rather see a blue one that a white

Roger, I love what you've done with the Coyotes' jerseys.  They look so much better now that more than one colour from the logo appears on the jerseys.  The change is simple yet still maintains a classic look.  All that being said, JQK will probably hate them.

Archived