Modified nhl sets

Roger Clemente

That went better than I has hoped. Thank you people for the encouraging words.

Today we have the Los Angeles Kings.

As good as they are, I just started from scratch and this is what I came up with (copy and paste):

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Kings-Set.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah those Kings are kinda brutal. I mean still better than a lot of stuff that gets posted, but not along the lines of some of the nice changes you have made. I figured you would want to put in some original designs at some point, but I think it would have been a much better idea to focus that energy towards the Lightning.

Not crzay about how the black nes look with that shade of purple--but a different shade may work--I've seen black & purple work together--especially with grey as a trim colour.

(Reading Royals is one example-a Madden custom uniform roughly based on the Royals is another)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The gold crown on the Kings jersey look awesome it stand out much better and is almost like an omage to their past.

I agree that the addition of the gold is really nice.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

i'm definately not a fan of most of these... especially what you did to the hawks and yotes... just my opinion...

and the kings unis look great, but the logo with the gold just looks weird to me.

Well, that was different.

Today I offer up the New Jersey Devils.

The Devils have a great name and identity to work with, and so they go with perhaps the most casual jerseys you'll find in the league today.  (So much so that it's the most replicated style of fashion jersey)  It's simple and usuable, but not really exciting.  They need to make themselves look evil eithout using garish uniforms.

I took a stab at uniforms that look more aggressive without ruining their identity.  And no I didn't make it black although if ever there was one team who would look fantastic in one, it'd be the Devils.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Devils-Set.gif

champssig2.png

Nice tweak with the stripes--I'm glad they got rid of the green, and that you didn't use it--their logo of the NJ is fitting for the name--glad youdidn't mess with it--it's still one of my least favorite unis though--but you did a good job with it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Today I bring the Phoenix Coyotes.

IMO, the one's they got now are too plain, so I added a little black and cream to the mix to liven them up a tad. I left the pants red, but I added a Carolina-esque black stripe to it.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Coyotes-Set.gif

Ya know the striping looks semi-similar to the Sharks original jerseys.  Nice job!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Well, that was different.

Today I offer up the New Jersey Devils.

The Devils have a great name and identity to work with, and so they go with perhaps the most casual jerseys you'll find in the league today. (So much so that it's the most replicated style of fashion jersey) It's simple and usuable, but not really exciting. They need to make themselves look evil eithout using garish uniforms.

I took a stab at uniforms that look more aggressive without ruining their identity. And no I didn't make it black although if ever there was one team who would look fantastic in one, it'd be the Devils.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Devils-Set.gif

Nice, especially the template. Goes well with the name Devils. These are great.

EDIT: I did notice that you got the sleeve numbers backwards on the home (dark) jersey, left sleeve. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Today I bring you the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I'm in a minority that thinks the Lightning doesn't need new jerseys.  So I didn't give them any.

However I did do some slight tweaks to the current set and added a third that fits in with them well.

(And I know I can't draw their Lightning bolt pants worth beans, but I tried.)

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Lightning-Set.gif

champssig2.png

Archived