2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not reebok's fault the teams had a large say in the new uniforms.

Are you serious? All of the sudden alot of teams jump on the vertical elements / piping and no hem stripe train? Not to mention from what we have seen that there are a number of teams that seem to look extremely similar to others? But this was by and large the work of the teams themselves...

Each team had much involvment with the creation of their new uniforms. This has been stated many times so I find it odd that you are challenging it. RBK basically just did what they were told to. Though of course they probably gave the teams some new ideas to work with such as vertical stripes/piping. And apparently some teams like those ideas.

Wow then let me say for Toronto : Most Boring Uniform EVER !

It is bland, and plain, yuck, If they adopt that, I don't know If I'll watch a game of hockey this year!

:rolleyes:

I know this is a uniform board, but seriously.... you'l stop watching a sport over two stripes on the bottom of a jersey?

Its a disgrace to Leafs Nation, No I would still watch hockey, but, the jersey are horrible!

It is bland, and plain, yuck, If they adopt that, I don't know If I'll watch a game of hockey this year!

I know this is a uniform board, but seriously.... you'l stop watching a sport over two stripes on the bottom of a jersey?

I'm not going to stop watching no, but Im certainly not going to buy one of these thats for sure. For a sport that has easily the most passionate fan base, largely because there are hardly any fair weather fans in it, there are alot of upset people about these changes and that could make a big difference in revenues for the league. I dont think it's out of line to see the league reverting back in a few years.

Are you serious? All of the sudden alot of teams jump on the vertical elements / piping and no hem stripe train? Not to mention from what we have seen that there are a number of teams that seem to look extremely similar to others? But this was by and large the work of the teams themselves...

The fact is that teams could have as much say in the uniforms as they wanted. Look at Vancouver it was clear they were very involved in their new uniform and wanted specific elements in the uniform and they got them. They were able to keep bottom stripes, same for Boston, NYR, Detroit, Carolina, Montreal, Chicago, Washington and others. Also evidence teams were involved are again Carolina keeping the Hurricane flag stripes, and Tampa keeping the under arm victory stripes (which were previously on a part of the uniform that no longer exist). Most on here don't want to here this because we are all sports uniform nuts but most teams don't care that much about their uniform. They just ask Reebok to come come up with something new that they can cash in on. Well guess what then that team gets a more "modern" design that follows the new sports uniform trends (which is vertical and piping). There is only 1 thing you can blame that on. The team itself for not caring about their identity.

By the way team have always looked similar to each other. Go back and look at the 70's and 80's uniform. They were all similar for the most part.

Each team had much involvment with the creation of their new uniforms. This has been stated many times so I find it odd that you are challenging it. RBK basically just did what they were told to. Though of course they probably gave the teams some new ideas to work with such as vertical stripes/piping. And apparently some teams like those ideas.

If by involvement, that they could work within a previously developed template, I'll go with that. By and large teams are too closely resembling each other for me to be placing a majority of the blame on them.

Hell, if they touch the stripes on the sleeves I'll hang myself.

My crappy photoshop job...

Moved the "Vancouver" down, ditched the orca, added front #. Me likey this.

photoshopvancou.png

That's very good. All I'd do to change it would be to add a little green trim to the numbers and letters and make the home one say CANUCKS instead.

Thats not the real Leafs jersey. If you think it is then wow... I heard on a radio and Ferguson said there staying the same with only minor changes (the silver being gone and maybe the TML logo).

Btw that Wild jersey looks amazing. I really like thta.

I hope they do, cuz those are butt fugly, but some guy off a website, who happens to work for the fan 590 seems to have seen the jerseys, or been tiold about the changes!

Thats not the real Leafs jersey. If you think it is then wow... I heard on a radio and Ferguson said there staying the same with only minor changes (the silver being gone and maybe the TML logo).

Btw that Wild jersey looks amazing. I really like thta.

THAT LEAFS JERSEY ISNT REAL! READ MY ABOVE POST!@
THAT LEAFS JERSEY ISNT REAL! READ MY ABOVE POST!@

THAT LEAFS JERSEY IS A MOCK-UP READ THE ORIFINAL POST!@

Hi, how are you?

From HF Boards

flyersjersey.psd.jpg

Also remember the previous Flyers back jersey didn't have a bottom stripe. I think the white part ends too high. The orange needs to be lowered.

Haha! They stole Ottawa's and Pittsburgh's and Tampa Bay's template and recolored it!

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

My crappy photoshop job...

Moved the "Vancouver" down, ditched the orca, added front #. Me likey this.

photoshopvancou.png

Now THAT I like!!! They should have given you some of the $1,000,000 and gone with your version.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

From HF Boards

flyersjersey.psd.jpg

Also remember the previous Flyers back jersey didn't have a bottom stripe. I think the white part ends too high. The orange needs to be lowered.

Haha! They stole Ottawa's and Pittsburgh's and Tampa Bay's template and recolored it!

Huh? They are not the same template. The orange curves up where as the Ottawa and Tampa unis the stripes curve down toward the bottom of the sleeve.

Archived