2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Penguins players also will be wearing a special patch for the 2007-08 season that will be displayed for the first time on Sept. 5.

A 40th Anniversary patch one would assume... any word on the Flyers, Blues or Kings?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
have the flyers released their new uniform yet?

Nope, they had a press conference yesterday to introduce Kimmo Timonen, they gave him a ccm jersey from last year with his name and number on it.

I hope the flyers stay the same.

i want the jerseys that we had before the last change. no utlra modern flyers logo and orange jerseys replace black jerseys. i like the black jerseys but i think they should be a third jersey like they were when they started. the orange jersey has so much history in philly.

You Canucks fans are like spoiled, rich kids who complain when their parents buy them a brand new mercedes for their birthday because they wanted a B.M.W. While us in Ottawa got a used Impala from '92. I mean, sure its not exactly what you wanted, but its still a hell of a lot nicer than what everyone else got. (with the exeption of Boston and Columbus)

Using GT4 as my guide, i will feature the following cars to represent the class of jerseys for teams released:

Class A:

The top tier class of the league

Ex. Bruins, Blue Jackets, Rangers

ChevyCorvette54.png

1954 Chevy Corvette

Class B:

Awsome but falls a bit short of the A class

Ex. Canucks, Ducks, Capitals

ChevyCorvetteZ05.png

2005 Chevy Corvette

Class C:

Just falls short of passing period.

Ex. Lightning, Senators, Islanders

MitsubishiI.png

Mitsubishi I concept car

Class D:

Attempt at sleek and futuristic but ends up looking ugly thus getting grade F

Ex. Sabres, Panthers, Predators

NikeOne.png

Nike 1

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

From Day 1, I've felt the Orca was the most blatant and shameful imposition of a corporate image into a team's graphical presence.

It'll be shameful until the day it's gone.

BTW, have there been any long-standing team logos that had their genesis in reflecting who owned the team?

And the person who said these new 'Nucks unis were simply a case of trying to do too much was spot-on.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Found this on HockeyBuzz.com

Leafs Jersey Re-Design To Be Tame

Thursday @ 7:05 PM ET | Comments (88)

***UPDATE (Aug. 31, 10:35 a.m. EDT): RECEIVED THIS NOTE TODAY FROM A LICENSED STORE OWNER WHO HAS SEEN THE NEW LEAFS JERSEY.

"Exact same shirt as last year, minus, TML shoulder patches, bottom stripes are gone, (sleeves stripes remain). Silver twill is gone. Number font is the same as last year, block style, basically Marlies lettering -- blue, white blue, and white blue white. Names remain one colour as per last year. Very, very plain."

TORONTO (Aug. 30) -- There will not be a Washington or Vancouver-type overhaul of the Maple Leafs' new Reebok jerseys, expected to be unveiled the first week of training camp (Sep. 13-20). NHL clubs are re-working their uniforms to various degrees for the 2007-08 season, in conjunction with Reebok's new league-wide sponsorship. Several teams have taken the opportunity to drastically change the designs that were in place last season. Washington, for example, has gone back to its original color scheme of a predominantly red jersey with blue and white trim -- introduced when the Capitals joined the league for the 1974-75 campaign. In recent years, the Caps have worn either black or dark-blue jerseys, with gold and white trim. Vancouver has also returned, full-time, to its original color pattern of blue, green and white. As displayed on Wednesday, the Canucks will maintain the current "Orca Bay" logo, but will change from dark-blue, red and white jerseys worn in recent years to the blue and green combination that the team unveiled upon joining the NHL for the 1970-71 season.

The Leafs will stay pretty much the same. While the design of the jersey will be slightly altered, the club will not tinker with its blue and white color scheme. Nor will the Leafs dip into their last Stanley Cup dynasty for the uniform's primary logo. It will remain as it's been since Harold Ballard re-worked the crest in 1970. The nine-point emblem (with "TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS" printed in a straight-line font) will not be replaced by the more stylish "stem" (or 35-point) logo of the 1960s ("TORONTO" being displayed in a dome-like curvature) -- a time when the Maple Leafs were frequently winning championships. The stem logo had been re-introduced on the club's third jersey of recent years: the predominantly white uniform with blue shoulder piping that was a virtual copy of the jersey the Leafs wore in road games from 1963-64 to the end of the 1966-67 regular season.

Still unknown is whether faint silver lining around the numbers will be a part of the new design. Silver was added to the Leaf jersey for the first time in 2000, the same year the club replaced the "stem" shoulder-patch logo with an integrated "TML" patch (prompting one of the wisest cracks of all time -- Rosie DiManno of the Toronto Star referring to the "TML" emblem as "looking like something that is carved into Charles Manson's forehead"). I was never a big fan of it, either.

The Leafs open training camp two weeks from today -- Thursday, September 13th -- with medicals at Ricoh Coliseum. The first on-ice session at Ricoh will take place Friday morning, the 14th. The club's annual Blue-White intrasquad game will be played this year in Oshawa on Sunday afternoon, Sep. 16th. After its charity golf tournament on Monday the 17th, the Leafs will fly to Edmonton late in the day for their pre-season opener against the Oilers on Tuesday the 18th. The team will play Phoenix the following night at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg before returning for a re-match with the Coyotes at the Air Canada Centre, Sep. 20th.

im starting to think no matter what anyone releases, people will complain. the canucks refrained from the use of piping and went a more traditional route, went back to blue and green, updated the stick/rink logo and most importantly hemline stripes which if im not mistaken is why alot of people including myself was complaining about the isles, panthers, preds uniforms. im personally glad the canucks went this route instead of the faux-all star template or the preds/panthers templates with crazy ass :censored: on the jersey.

Well, there is a wide range of opinions and tastes on this board, so sure, you could generalize. But overall and in general I agree that the new jerseys and logos have not gone over well with this board, and for good reason. My personal taste is for retro/vintage. i like the "vancouver" wordmark a LOT, but the orca is out of place.

The tradition of hockey sweaters is now lost with most of the new rbk's and that's sad. Boston has THE BEST jersey now, it's my favourite by far. Yes Vancouver had the right idea but they just ended up looking like they tried too hard. all they had to do was go back to the stick/rink logo and add some laces. Fans still would have bought them up like a hungry hoard of pigs. Kudos to the canucks for keeping the horizontal stripes, but as a whole the jersey looks ....weird. It's obvious they slapped together too many elements. the horizontal stripes they kept are straight from the vintage stick/rink, so why not keep the matching logo? doesn't make sense and I think they made a HUGE error. The front page of the local newspaper today has a picture of the jersey with quotes from fans saying how plain and boring and weird it looks. THAT is not good. the owners are slapping their foreheads today, that's for sure.

IMO, all they need to do is put the orca on the shoulder and move the stick/rink to below Vancouver, that would be enough....

And get rid of the VANCOUVER across the top of the crest as well as move the bottom striping down a little more.

I disgree with the VANCOUVER needing to be removed. I like it, it's traditional and classic. The orca is what is out of place. Then again, I shouldn't argue with a dude who ditched his g/f over a jersey like a crying baby.

Why? Cuz i met up with her after the unveiling later on in the day for dinner? She knows i hate the orca logo, she brought her sister knowing that if i saw that as the new logo i'd go home and not waste my time trying to pretend its awesome when it's not. Big whoop.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

The main problem I have noticed with people on this site, is that everyone seems to want every jersey to come out looking old school. Thats fine and dandy for the original 6, those should always stay the same, but for other markets where their teams futures are always a little unstable, they have to do anything and everything to keep fans buying merchandise. If that means making a flashy new jersey to attract people who otherwise would never buy one, than so be it. Times change and so do styles. Younger people like flashy, over the top, new things, and young people are the ones who will get their parents to buy the expensive jerseys for them. Look at the days of the jersey in the 90's when rappers were wearing them, everyone knew someone with a Kings jersey back then, and it was all about the style and nothing to do with the teams. So if these teams can come out with something that will sell to people who arent hockey fans, so be it.

All that said, we are all still entitled to our opinions, but please dont go out there saying that some of these teams are " :censored:ting on tradition" when 90% of the people out there dont have a clue what the traditions are that they are whining about.

2004RedSox.png

"Exact same shirt as last year, minus, TML shoulder patches, bottom stripes are gone, (sleeves stripes remain). Silver twill is gone. Number font is the same as last year, block style, basically Marlies lettering -- blue, white blue, and white blue white. Names remain one colour as per last year. Very, very plain."

No Toronto fans commenting about this little tid-bit? I can understand Chris being so distraut at his Jays having such a terrible season to pay attention right now, but the rest of you.. come on. Even I'm mad about this.

No Toronto fans commenting about this little tid-bit? I can understand Chris being so distraut at his Jays having such a terrible season to pay attention right now, but the rest of you.. come on. Even I'm mad about this.

I am in fact not happy about that at all. I won't make up my mind until there's more than text about the new jersey, but right now it sounds pretty brutal. I'll keep my two TML logo-era jerseys...silver and all.

At least they have bottom stripes.

I think people are just desensitized at this point. The Edge switchover has been largely a fiasco. We have seen some TERRIBLE uniforms. Something as (relatively) minor as losing a bottom stripe no longer seems like such a big deal.

The removal of the torso stripes has me a bit upset. The jerseys look like long-sleeve shirts, now. Not like jerseys.

The stripes completed the jersey. Now they look very bare.

leafs07.jpg

Why would the Leafs ditch the bottom stripes? It's not like their unis have that many features to begin with. I would at least hope for a white lace-up collar to offset some of the potential blandness.

Disappointing if this rumor is true. Not Nashville or Florida disappointing but still a let down. :D

zzPEfBm.png

From Day 1, I've felt the Orca was the most blatant and shameful imposition of a corporate image into a team's graphical presence.

It'll be shameful until the day it's gone.

BTW, have there been any long-standing team logos that had their genesis in reflecting who owned the team?

And the person who said these new 'Nucks unis were simply a case of trying to do too much was spot-on.

The Boston Bruins originally wore brown and gold because those were the colours of the grocery store chain owned by Charles Adams. Charles wanted his new hockey team to where the same corperate colour scheme.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

The removal of the torso stripes has me a bit upset. The jerseys look like long-sleeve shirts, now. Not like jerseys.

The stripes completed the jersey. Now they look very bare.

leafs07.jpg

I hope that will never happen.

I haven't given my team by team breakdown so here I go.

Boston - Upgrade - I love the retro look and the black jerseys are awesome. I don't like the black sleeves on the white jerseys though but I can live with it.

Columbus - Upgrade - I think the new look is pretty slick and I like that they switched over to white numbers on the blue jersey.

Detroit - Same - Pretty much the same and that is a good thing.

Florida - Downgrade? - The original jersey wasn't much better than the new one but I still think it's a downgrade.

LA - Same - The removal of the bottom stripe is annoying but I can live with it.

Nashville - Downgrade - I didn't think Nashville could have made jerseys worse than the ones they had but they did. Why have that Nashville script and triangle on the white ones

New York Islanders - Downgrade - The blue is nicer than the white one but they look terrible on the players.

Rangers - The same - The letter are much steeper and I'm not that crazy about the way that looks. I will probably get used to them though.

Ottawa - Downgrade - Logo is ok but the new jerseys look terrible on the players. The socks are also annoying.

Lightning - Downgrade - I think the new logo is worse than the old one. The old jersey was fine but I really don't like the new ones. Seems very bare.

Vancouver - Upgrade - There is a little too much going on in the front but I love the vintage colors and stripe. It would be much better if they didn't use the orca logo and kept the Vancouver script with some simple logo.

Washington - Upgrade - I find the new jerseys very sharp. I like the red, white, and blue color scheme.

Upgrades:

Boston

Columbus

Vancouver

Washington

Downgrades:

Florida

NYI

Ottawa

Nashville

Tampa Bay

No grades:

Detroit

LA

NYR

There's a picture of the new Wild jersey at the Wild message boards, legit. What's the rule for posting this kind of stuff again?

Apparently, it was sent out in the new season ticket booklets. In my mind, that makes it fair game, but I don't want to step on any toes or get anyone in trouble, especially since I'm Captain 35 posts here.

Archived