2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

sweater04_082907_big.jpg

Easily one of the worst unveiled so far.

They took their old, oldest and newest jerseys and through them together. It's a crappy design and the definition of an identity crisis from a team that has won absolutely nothin' since entering the NHL.

Orca Bay doesn't care though. The sheep will still buy that BS.

Summed it up pretty well. It's just a mish mash of everything. Way too busy.....had so much potential to work with and just fell flat...ugh

and why change the vintage logo at all? the whole point of this was to appeal to the vintage crowd, why change the logo they love so much? im impartial to it....its alright but why change it? it just looks odd now...

but yeah, fronts too busy. scrap either the text or the logo but you cant have both on there and not start to look like a NASCAR driver

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I have to say I'm a tiny tiny bit satisfied. I mean, all this time I've waited, looked at lame ripoffs by idiots with too much time on their hands, waiting for the real thing. When i saw the real thing, I liked the shinyness of em. Excuse that please. The lame 5 minute intro by that lady really set em up well. So i was instantly impressed. Thinking, hey, if they have to change, then this is pretty good. But that got me thinking. They didnt need to change. The navy, red, sliver combo for the orca was brilliant and made the logo look authentic to the NW, and sharp too. The new one makes the orca look bland, on the white jersey, one black boring C, on the blue jersey, a near invisible top of the C sitting above a completely white bottom half of the C, making that the focal point of the entire jersey. That just doesnt work. You shouldnt have two different versions of the logo for the home and away. You shouldnt need to.

Thats why the last set was great. They had 3 jerseys, all looked great with the same logo, IMO.

Then..theres the wordmark. Its WAAYYY too big. Its COMPLETELY UNNECCESARY. And if it HAS to be there, the home jersey should read "CANUCKS" not "VANCOUVER".

The new logos...the updated stick n rink is kindof growing on me. Although they shouldnt alter the classic, it aint too bad. I love the new johnny canuck logo, and i wish it was the actual crest instead of the orca. However, its nowheres to be found, so, like the interlocking VC logo, its unneccesary. As interesting as they both are.

The one thing I really like about these are the color scheme. The blue,green and white looks very classy and clean. I'm not saying its an upgrade from the previous color scheme, but its definately nice.

In conclusion, if the canucks wouldve not changed their jerseys at all, i'd be 100% happy. Its the only canucks i've ever known.

If they wouldve went to blue/green/white and switched to that new Johnny canuck logo as the crest, or even the updated Stick n Rink, i wouldve been very satisfied.

However, they destroyed the beautiful orca design when they forced it into a jersey that doesnt fit the natural color scheme of NW Native art. Either continue success with the same ol jersey, or start over fresh. stop trying to bring togeter eras that dont belong together.

Grade for the New Crest: D-

Grade for the Sweater Design: A-

Grade for the new logos: B+

My grade for the new Canucks Set: C+

I'm going to break the mold here and say I LIKE the word mark and the 1 color numbers. NOT BECAUSE they look cool ( they look a bit odd) but because they are at least trying something different, and it has a an old school/NCAA College feel to it. So i'll give em some props for mixing old new, and REALLY REALLY old.

minus the unnecessary VANCOUVER part. A passing grade imo ...some laces would be nice too.

p3536512dt.jpg

The orca doesn't fit that jersey style, it just doesn't no matter who tries to spin it to make it sound like it fits. That jersey, if anyone has watched hockey even in the past few years with the vintage jerseys coming in that on year and sticking with some, will see that jersey with the stick n rink belonging on it.

Some things you just can't splice/mix/hybrid together, the Vancouver Canucks design team dropped the ball, they had the chance to give the team a proper new identity that won't have fans crying about some scary holiday colours, boring logo, plate of spaghetti or some corporate inspired logo. They had that opportunity. They said they spent money and ventured every avenue, well i wonder if they called JS about his logo.

Design people aren't dumb (Patsox excluded), they see the stuff that is leaked as concepts by artists on sites like this which are spread throughout hockey boards and other boards of which the logo's are in relevance to. The canucks design team did a horrible job, they didn't have any creativity going into this big opportunity. Instead they took the old colours and jersey, put it on the new template and didn't even fit it properly with the striping and the location of the crest and word mark and botched the whole jersey.

Now people are soo distraught or wanting to still love the jersey by saying oh i love it, i like it...you have to be nuts. What is there to like? A jersey being pawned off as a new design when it's the old jersey slapped on the new template with the logo we've had for 10yrs? In what F'd up world is that considered new? From a professional sports team in a league that makes millions+ in merchandising revenue with individual teams...this is laughable.

What's even funnier is the fact that the twin expansion teams now share more than the 1970 year...they share a crappy logo and jersey moniker... Bravo.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

sweater04_082907_big.jpg

Easily one of the worst unveiled so far.

They took their old, oldest and newest jerseys and through them together. It's a crappy design and the definition of an identity crisis from a team that has won absolutely nothin' since entering the NHL.

Summed it up pretty well. It's just a mish mash of everything. Way too busy.....had so much potential to work with and just fell flat...ugh

and why change the vintage logo at all? the whole point of this was to appeal to the vintage crowd, why change the logo they love so much? im impartial to it....its alright but why change it? it just looks odd now...

but yeah, fronts too busy. scrap either the text or the logo but you cant have both on there and not start to look like a NASCAR driver

What was soo special about the love for the vintage jerseys was that it wasn't just the group of fans that were around when the team first came in, there are generations that started to watch the team during the skate era and the orca era that seem to identify with the vintage, or rather...love the vintage jerseys.

That's special, what's not special is the fact that they screwed it up.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

MAN, do I wish the Canucks listened to you. The new jerseys are horrid! I love the original colors and the striping. But "aicd washing" of the Orca Logo looks just like that and the "Vancouver" over the logo makes the whole jersey look like it was designed by the guys who came up with the Homeland Security "color alert coding". I lambasted the Buffaslug last year, but it starting to look like a classic compared to some of the monstrosities coming out of the Nike Sweatshops.

I dont see what's so bad about it. It sure beats the hell out of the skate logo.

I have never in my life heard a real canuck fan diss the skate logo, never have i heard that before. The whale logo was the worst direction of a logo the Canucks have taken and the polls that have been taken all prove my point, not only that, if you step into GM place for a game once in a while you'll see i am right.

The skate logo represented hockey, it also had Canucks in it, it didn't matter that it wasn't something that completely represented Vancouver, the name Canucks is too broad to be covered by any kind of logo aside from the 2 original logo's the team has used. Polls again have proven my point.

If i could go back to any of the logo's i'd be #1 - Original Logo, #2, Skate Logo...there is no 3rd option.

Now you might think i am dissing you or something, i don't even know how old you are, but in 1994 i went to every home game for the season and playoffs, i was 13 and cried when we lost, but that logo, that skate logo had blood and sweat on it from the guys that played that series hard with new york, as well as the flames series. I can't for the life of me, imagine any canuck fan that actually cared about the team dissing that logo.

i'll always associate the skate logo uniforms with that 94 run and how they damn near won the thing too. The orca, i just associate with bad canucks teams and cup runs that end in the 1st and 2nd round. I wouldn't even be totally opposed to having the skate logo recolored in orca colors and the orca 'c' regulated to an alternate shoulder logo which from a logo pov looks like a good shoulder logo and a weak primary logo. Or just drop orca and stick stick and rink on the shoulders, that works too.

brock-2.jpg

How many people dont like the wordmark. I'd say about 90%. Why didnt the designers at least ask the fans about this or something. Ughhhh...

I hate the wordmark.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

How many people dont like the wordmark. I'd say about 90%. Why didnt the designers at least ask the fans about this or something. Ughhhh...

I hate the wordmark.

I just don't understand why it's used; is the city afraid they're going to move the team to Hamilton or Winnipeg or Thunder Bay?

just like the sheep and MLSE :)

Hells yah!!! I am already on a list for a home authentic. While I don't know what the finished product will look like, I am going off the information that I was provided with by the person I ordered from. It sounds boring/plain, but at least it has not gone crazy with piping and on a generic template... or so I'm told. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think you guys are missing the greatness of blue and green together, and how it's never used in sports anymore. Also, horizontal stripes, for the love of pete. The wordmark is a bit much, and I think the orca could have used some green in it, but overall this really isn't THAT bad. Would you guys rather have had them go with the Panthers template and no wordmark? Didn't think so...

I think you guys are missing the greatness of blue and green together, and how it's never used in sports anymore. Also, horizontal stripes, for the love of pete. The wordmark is a bit much, and I think the orca could have used some green in it, but overall this really isn't THAT bad. Would you guys rather have had them go with the Panthers template and no wordmark? Didn't think so...

yeah, but it isn't that good either ^_^ ....

I saw, I came, I left.

Amen.

Overall a weak effort. There were better concepts floating around here. The colors and stripes are good the whale not so much, it was time for a change. Don't really mind the updated rink/ stick but never really cared for the old one either. Wordmark is way too big. The aways are bad, the t-shirt look is possibly worse than Nashville. It looks really stupid. It's about what you'd expect from the Canucks though. Overall I'd give it a C-.

Overall a weak effort. There were better concepts floating around here. The colors and stripes are good the whale not so much, it was time for a change. Don't really mind the updated rink/ stick but never really cared for the old one either. Wordmark is way too big. The aways are bad, the t-shirt look is possibly worse than Nashville. It looks really stupid. It's about what you'd expect from the Canucks though. Overall I'd give it a C-.

Has/Can anyone superimpose the Hartford Whalers logo where the Canucks is on the new jerseys? That is all I am reminded of when I see these royal blue and sea green colors.

Archived