2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

The jerseys aren't ugly, they're oogly. I'm looking thru facebook and reading the status people have (vancouverite here so they're all vancouverites to explain this better)...it's basically a lot of "bitching, whining, and moaning" about the jersey...seems like 78 vancouverites on my list dislike the jerseys.

OH NOES! Fans in the city the team is located, dislike the jersey!! What SHALL we do?

Anyways, it was nice to see Linden get the biggest cheers, which brings me to wishing they'd give Linden the C this next season, probably his final as well as Naslund's in a Canuck Uniform.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after seeing what the Senators, Lightning, Islanders, yeah and throw in the slugs; these things are a thing of beauty. This is probably the 3rd set of jerseys that was released that i liked behind the Bruins and Blue Jackets.

i've hated just about everything that has been released but these I really like. It has a traditional look, no piping, decent color scheme, modern stick and rink logo. I just don't care for the orca logo but its nothing that destroys the design.

my grade:

Vancouver - A

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

For now, B-.

Lose the wordmark. Put green in the collar. That'll get you an A.

From what i'm hearing from my buddies and their friends is that they want the wordmark gone, the stripe pushed further down and the shoulder patch swapped with the crest and they say they have a winner.......sounds familiar.

Oh well, it's unveiled and out there...thank god for digital cable and dishes, i can at least watch my Penguins play and not feel nauseated while looking at the jerseys.

If i were to rank the jerseys that have been unveiled i'd go with...

1. Bruins

2. Rangers

3. Redwings

4. Capitals

....rest lick a hairy taint.

Which brings me to my next point about people who are lame to the fact that vancouverites like a logo the rest of the world outside of BC think is plain and boring...well the common theme with the 4 i think are the best is that they are SIMPLE...SIMPLE WORKS.

What are the positives from this "new" (term that has got to be used extremely loosely with this unveiling) unveiling is that the old colours are back, the stick & rink is still there...Those are positives, thank god for at least those 2 being done.

Anyways, does anyone have the rest of the jersey unveiling dates?

So far i've seen San Jose at Sept 17th or something and that's about it...when are the Penguins, Habs, Blues and others unveiling theirs?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Canucks fans!

Leave your girlfriends at the arena, rip out your hair, shave off your eyebrows, rape your dog, kill your firstborn child, paint yourself in blood, beat up a total stranger, start a riot, burn your city to the ground, start a nuclear war, set yourself on fire... FREAK OUT! Okay, that was sarcasm... you all need to relax a bit.

Hey, it's pretty much how Big Shoop was behaving Saturday after the Lightning reveal.

I've calmed a bit........BUT THEY STILL SUCK.

:D

SigReflect.png

sweater04_082907_big.jpg

Easily one of the worst unveiled so far.

They took their old, oldest and newest jerseys and through them together. It's a crappy design and the definition of an identity crisis from a team that has won absolutely nothin' since entering the NHL.

Orca Bay doesn't care though. The sheep will still buy that BS.

teams-1.png

sweater04_082907_big.jpg

Easily one of the worst unveiled so far.

They took their old, oldest and newest jerseys and through them together. It's a crappy design and the definition of an identity crisis from a team that has won absolutely nothin' since entering the NHL.

Orca Bay doesn't care though. The sheep will still buy that BS.

You know, when you make it to the finals twice, you sorta win awards along the way to get to the finals as well as other awards a team can win during the season.

Btw....nhl put the Canucks in the east when they came in, find a map and tell me if that makes any sense.

Sheep will still buy that BS can be used for the buffaslug as well, people will support their team, but in Vancouver, never have i seen more vintage jerseys than the current jerseys being worn at games and i don't think that trend will end. The people seem to be 50/50 with these jerseys, they like the old colours brought back and the shoulder patch being the same (updated though)...fans seemed to want the orca gone but that didn't...so it's a 50/50 with the fans from the reaction i heard when i at GM place, just random mumblings from the people there inside the rink and outside at the tailgate party prior to the unveiling.

Fans will support their team though, if the pens unveiled some horrid jersey, i'd still buy it because i love the Penguins...as much as i hate the new canucks jerseys i'll buy a linden one, i bought a home, away and 3rd of the orca jerseys with linden, mclean, and bure on them just to get them before they are gone forever to keep the trend of buying the jerseys of teams i like and blah blah...

Ah well, we're all slaves to merchandising.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

sweater04_082907_big.jpg

Easily one of the worst unveiled so far...

...Orca Bay doesn't care though. The sheep will still buy that BS.

Agree to disagree, I guess...this is top three for me so far. Horizontal stripes, no template, old-school feel and colors...about the best we can all hope for with the Edge jerseys.

sweater04_082907_big.jpg

Easily one of the worst unveiled so far...

...Orca Bay doesn't care though. The sheep will still buy that BS.

Agree to disagree, I guess...this is top three for me so far. Horizontal stripes, no template, old-school feel and colors...about the best we can all hope for with the Edge jerseys.

About the best we could hope for was the Bruins jersey...the rest are either the same, or they belong near the toilet for a re-usable butt wipe.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I agree with you with all of that. I thnk their jersey would be perfect if it didn't have the wordmark above the logo.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Btw....nhl put the Canucks in the east when they came in, find a map and tell me if that makes any sense.

My map shows Vancouver is east of Hawaii and, uh, Japan... :D

And well I guess if you go far enough east of Montreal you'll eventually hit Vancouver...

Holy crap is their design/marketing department LAZY. I wish I had been paid to come up with those jerseys. I would've been laughing all the way to the bank.

The colours are great, but you can't possibly tell me that that was the best logo they had on the table!

I think the Canucks were thinking way to much when putting the uniform together. They tried to put as many elements of their past into one uniform, which is a nice gesture, but it comes out cluttered. I'll give it a 'C'.

I saw, I came, I left.

This is neither bad nor good. Someone in the NHL branding department needs to hand over the drugs. The V with Johnny Canuck up top resonates entirely too much with the vachon logo (www.vachon.com). There is NO green availed in the primary logos, and using Agency FB as the team font (technically the same font the Pacers use) was not the best idea. I don't like where this is heading. The NHL brand development people need some help.

Archived