2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

how dumb do these sleeves look??

vlcsnap-23952.png

I don't mind the BLUE shirt, I think it's a good compromise, it will sell.

But the WHITE???

Looks like somebody put their 100% wool sweater in the dryer!!!

The rounded bottom just adds to that shrunken effect. Looks like the Private School kids untucking their dress shirt under their wvest the minute they get to the bus stop...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all that hype and some Canucks fans have a right to be disappointed.

It's a really nice looking jersey, but the only thing I don't like with it is what many, many people seem to hate here... the "VANCOUVER" wordmark on the chest. IT IS NOT NEEDED! They aren't meant to be NBA jerseys that have the team names on them. If it was just the Orca logo on the front, this jersey would rank much higher on the list of new jerseys that have been unveiled this summer. I also hoped the team would've kept the nameplate and numbering fonts for last season's primary home and away jerseys (not those on the vintage alternate).

I have no clue what some of you want in a jersey. Unreal.

Apparently, they just want the chick in the tnak top.

According to the sports radio, the Canucks tried other ideas. But anything else they tried was too similar to other copyrighted logos floating around out there, including fan-based ones on the internet. The Canucks spent a ton of cash trying to come up with a new identity, but the Giants own the lumberjack idea, which you all seem to want to get into bed with, so that was out. There's only so much one can do with a name like "Canucks."

So, bitch away, I'm not loving this, I'm not hating this, I'm just giving you what I've heard on the radio which as far back as April, was "get used to the whale."

I'll likely get one eventually. And I like the rinkstick update.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Holy hell, folks...it's not as good as it could've been, but the level of histrionics here is insane! I guess people on this board do bitch just to bitch.

The color scheme is being complained about? THE COLOR SCHEME?!?!?!? :blink: Royal and green are what everybody WANTED!!!! Horizontal stripes are what everybody WANTED!!!! OK, the wordmark is dumb, but this is miles (kilometers in Canada) ahead of the Preds, Panthers, and Lightning. If you don't think so, then you're beyond help. I have no clue what some of you want in a jersey. Unreal.

I really hate this Reebok colour logic that's going around...It's not enough to just give fans the old colours and a stupid logo - Buffalo, Vancouver etc......It's not just about colour schemes.

Canuck fans wanted the retro uniforms. I don't think anyone wanted a recoloured Orca logo on the old uniform. The orca was way better in it's previous incarnation and looks ridiculous with all these other elements. I'd personally rather they kept the last uniform than go with this crap.

I don't want a "step in the right direction" with regard to colours. Give me a knockout Canucks jersey once and for all and stop bothering me with stupid updates every few years. I'm sick and tired of new jerseys from the Canucks.

Fair enough, but some people out there are saying this is by far the worst jersey that's been unveiled this summer. Maybe that's mostly disappointed Canucks fans, but that's just crazy talk to me. Again, they're far from perfect, but they're not godawful, either.

Well...it's not as bad as the "Killer V".

I don't like the elbow stripes, chest stripes, sleeves, and Vancouver text. The colors are alright.

I officially dread the unveiling of the Blues' uniforms.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's an interesting melange of logos and mostly placed together well. It's not the best and not the worst. It certainly is a far cry better than Florida and the solid colors make the jersey pop.

By the way, a team FINALLY went FROM navy TO royal blue. That's cause for celebration in itself.

(I'm willing to bet this is the first post to have ever used the word "melange" on CCSLC. If so, I'm very pleased with myself.)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

i love the colors...not a huge fan of the orca or the stick logo, but overall i like these jerseys. I do have one question for all of the historians out there...on the website it has a picture of Luongo in the new jersey and it says that the horizontal stripes are for canadian heritage. I don't get that. Does anybody know what one has to do with the other?

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

Canuck fans wanted the retro uniforms. I don't think anyone wanted a recoloured Orca logo on the old uniform. The orca was way better in it's previous incarnation and looks ridiculous with all these other elements. I'd personally rather they kept the last uniform than go with this crap.

The latter is a good point. But I can't imagine why anyone would want those "retro" uniforms. An oval with a stick on it? Seriously?

By the way, a team FINALLY went FROM navy TO royal blue. That's cause for celebration in itself.

Disagree with that sentiment in general. I'm not saying navy is better. I'm just not saying that navy is evil and royal is the end-all-be-all of blue.

I'm not saying that blue and green on their own are bad. The Whalers generally made it look good. But to my eyes, the scheme the Canucks just unveiled looks just as bad as it did when the Timberwolves had it. Maybe it's the arrangement of the colors, or the particular shades chosen, but it just doesn't jive with me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I have to say this, I was hoping to hell the Ocra whale would vanish and the stick in the rink logo would be back, if it was modified to reflect the present time which I see it was on the shoulder area...... but I am disappointed that the Canucks would keep that whale logo and add that Vancouver arch wordmark?? hmm strange..... but the blue/green jersey is what was exactly needed and I liked the jersey look from last season when the Canucks wore that in Game 7 vs Dallas....

Wonder if anyone gonna make a mock up of the Canuck jersey with that modified stick in the rink logo on the front crest just to see if that actually is the one the Canucks should have used instead of that jersey crest they had unveiled just now?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

According to the sports radio, the Canucks tried other ideas. But anything else they tried was too similar to other copyrighted logos floating around out there, including fan-based ones on the internet. The Canucks spent a ton of cash trying to come up with a new identity...

So, apparently low on cash, Canucks management ultimately opted to adopt a cut-rate looking uniform that consists of a mish-mash of disparate design elements. The irony is that the end-result product looks worse than many of the fan-based concepts that were floating around on the internet.

If you ask me, this is one case in which a professional sports team should have paid a proverbial "king's ransom" for the rights to a fan's concept, rather than frittering away revenue on a poorly conceived, uninspired, mediocre (at best) uniform design.

Archived