2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

im starting to think no matter what anyone releases, people will complain. the canucks refrained from the use of piping and went a more traditional route, went back to blue and green, updated the stick/rink logo and most importantly hemline stripes which if im not mistaken is why alot of people including myself was complaining about the isles, panthers, preds uniforms. im personally glad the canucks went this route instead of the faux-all star template or the preds/panthers templates with crazy ass :censored: on the jersey.

Well, there is a wide range of opinions and tastes on this board, so sure, you could generalize. But overall and in general I agree that the new jerseys and logos have not gone over well with this board, and for good reason. My personal taste is for retro/vintage. i like the "vancouver" wordmark a LOT, but the orca is out of place.

The tradition of hockey sweaters is now lost with most of the new rbk's and that's sad. Boston has THE BEST jersey now, it's my favourite by far. Yes Vancouver had the right idea but they just ended up looking like they tried too hard. all they had to do was go back to the stick/rink logo and add some laces. Fans still would have bought them up like a hungry hoard of pigs. Kudos to the canucks for keeping the horizontal stripes, but as a whole the jersey looks ....weird. It's obvious they slapped together too many elements. the horizontal stripes they kept are straight from the vintage stick/rink, so why not keep the matching logo? doesn't make sense and I think they made a HUGE error. The front page of the local newspaper today has a picture of the jersey with quotes from fans saying how plain and boring and weird it looks. THAT is not good. the owners are slapping their foreheads today, that's for sure.

IMO, all they need to do is put the orca on the shoulder and move the stick/rink to below Vancouver, that would be enough....

And get rid of the VANCOUVER across the top of the crest as well as move the bottom striping down a little more.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look at the tweaks on this Blackhawks logo. Talk about making changes look real.

Here

Yeah I think that is very acceptable!!! I like it!!

So someone made the Native American look sad instead of happy? Is that really an upgrade?....not that i think it's the official one.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

You Canucks fans are like spoiled, rich kids who complain when their parents buy them a brand new mercedes for their birthday because they wanted a B.M.W. While us in Ottawa got a used Impala from '92. I mean, sure its not exactly what you wanted, but its still a hell of a lot nicer than what everyone else got. (with the exeption of Boston and Columbus)

im starting to think no matter what anyone releases, people will complain. the canucks refrained from the use of piping and went a more traditional route, went back to blue and green, updated the stick/rink logo and most importantly hemline stripes which if im not mistaken is why alot of people including myself was complaining about the isles, panthers, preds uniforms. im personally glad the canucks went this route instead of the faux-all star template or the preds/panthers templates with crazy ass :censored: on the jersey.

Well, there is a wide range of opinions and tastes on this board, so sure, you could generalize. But overall and in general I agree that the new jerseys and logos have not gone over well with this board, and for good reason. My personal taste is for retro/vintage. i like the "vancouver" wordmark a LOT, but the orca is out of place.

The tradition of hockey sweaters is now lost with most of the new rbk's and that's sad. Boston has THE BEST jersey now, it's my favourite by far. Yes Vancouver had the right idea but they just ended up looking like they tried too hard. all they had to do was go back to the stick/rink logo and add some laces. Fans still would have bought them up like a hungry hoard of pigs. Kudos to the canucks for keeping the horizontal stripes, but as a whole the jersey looks ....weird. It's obvious they slapped together too many elements. the horizontal stripes they kept are straight from the vintage stick/rink, so why not keep the matching logo? doesn't make sense and I think they made a HUGE error. The front page of the local newspaper today has a picture of the jersey with quotes from fans saying how plain and boring and weird it looks. THAT is not good. the owners are slapping their foreheads today, that's for sure.

IMO, all they need to do is put the orca on the shoulder and move the stick/rink to below Vancouver, that would be enough....

And get rid of the VANCOUVER across the top of the crest as well as move the bottom striping down a little more.

I disgree with the VANCOUVER needing to be removed. I like it, it's traditional and classic. The orca is what is out of place. Then again, I shouldn't argue with a dude who ditched his g/f over a jersey like a crying baby.

gagner3.png

The Panthers' and Lightning's logos are GOD AWFUL. Vancouver's could have been MUCH MUCH WORSE than they turned out. Be a little more grateful people.

Canuck fans by en large wanted the retro jerseys. They were extremely popular. The players also loved them and even the owner said he preferred the vintage jersey over all others. What was supposed to be part of a single season vintage jersey program in 2003 supplanted the last third jersey, survived a lockout and a season outside of the playoffs, and has now become the basic template for the new uniforms. What happened here is almost unimaginable in Vancouver. After 30 plus years a majority of Canuck fans had finally embraced a uniform and logo.

The Canucks should have taken this cue and implemented the vintage jerseys - with a slight update - full time. Third jerseys could then be brought in every so often to make a few bucks for the team. But the marketers got greedy and wouldn't have that. Now of course, Canuck fans are still stuck with the Orca logo for another ten years, the classic stick logo has been butchered, and the retro jersey will never be worn again because it's too similar to the new template. The Canucks also will introduce three or four other new secondary logo's to add to the ridiculous amount of preexisting logos. What we have is a team that is still confused about it's identity and a fan base that is perpetually tormented.

Sorry, but I'm not grateful, regardless of how much worse it could have been. 37 years is too long to be having an identity crisis and I can't take it anymore.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The Penguins will debut their new jerseys Wed. Sept. 5th at 6:30pm.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=336463

"The Penguins? logo and colors will remain the same, although there will be some modifications to the striping, the shoulder areas, the pants and the socks."

"Penguins players also will be wearing a special patch for the 2007-08 season that will be displayed for the first time on Sept. 5."

You Canucks fans are like spoiled, rich kids who complain when their parents buy them a brand new mercedes for their birthday because they wanted a B.M.W. While us in Ottawa got a used Impala from '92. I mean, sure its not exactly what you wanted, but its still a hell of a lot nicer than what everyone else got. (with the exeption of Boston and Columbus)

There is nothign new about the new canucks jerseys. They are just elements taken from old unifoms. If anything Ottawa got the mercedes because they have the new "sleek futuristic" looking uniforms.

Now of course, Canuck fans are still stuck with the Orca logo for another ten years, the classic stick logo has been butchered....

Butchering the stick logo, as you so aptly put it, is the greatest offense of all. Disappointing and misguided.

Well letter, maybe you'll be lucky and the Gaglardi/Beedie group will win the court case, gain control of the team, and change the logo. :D

You're also vastly overreacting to the changes to the stick-in-rink logo IMO. I also doubt we'll be stuck with the jerseys for ten years. I wouldn't be surpised if the NHL was moving in the direction of Euro Soccer, where teams seem to have slightly altered uniforms every year.

that VC logo looks like a big C with pair of chopsticks...

(found this on hf)

and the Johnny-V logo looks like:

vachon.JPG

...and they found it here a few pages back... :P

surprised that slipped by me, i check this thread like 2 times a day :D

After seeing all of this crap, I'm feeling pretty :censored:ing fortunate that my team, one of the most recent expansion teams actually looks like a hockey team in their new uniforms and not like they're wearing long sleeve soccer jerseys over their pads. The blue jackets could've gotten the Florida/Nashville treatment and I'm grateful they didn't. I'm saving my money so I can one day buy a nice authentic.

PvO6ZWJ.png

An email I received from the Pittsburgh Penguins:

Defenseman Ryan Whitney and forwards Ryan Malone and Maxime Talbot will be on hand as the Pittsburgh Penguins unveil their new uniforms Wednesday, Sept. 5, at the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, just off Route 28 in Tarentum.

The event is open to the public and festivities are expected to begin around 5:30 p.m. with the new uniform unveiling at 6:30 p.m.

All 30 NHL teams will be sporting new uniforms for the 2007-08 season as part of the new Rbk EDGE Uniform System -- designed to meet the performance demands of today?s NHL player. The introduction of these new uniforms at the start of season marks the first time in the history of North American professional sports that a uniform innovation has been implemented league-wide.

After more than two years of research, the NHL and Reebok created a uniform system that features technologically-enhanced materials and fabrics that are more breathable, more water-resistant, more comfortable and more compatible with equipment.

The Penguins? logo and colors will remain the same, although there will be some modifications to the striping, the shoulder areas, the pants and the socks.

Penguins players also will be wearing a special patch for the 2007-08 season that will be displayed for the first time on Sept. 5.

The new uniforms will be unveiled in the food court near Entrance 4 and the Cinemark IMAX Theatre. For more information on the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, or to get directions, please log on to www.pittsburghmills.com.

Archived