2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Panthers' and Lightning's logos are GOD AWFUL. Vancouver's could have been MUCH MUCH WORSE than they turned out. Be a little more grateful people.

100% agreed. Based on some of the concepts and faux leaks I was really expecting Vancouver to have piping and vertical stripes/panels. The fact that they maintained the orca was not news. The green and blue colours, the horizontal stripes and the completely unique template (so far) were all bonuses. I'm even one of the few that thinks the varsity style wordmark is a great touch. The design of the orca is the only weak point (but still not bad) on the jersey IMHO but as I said, this element was announced in advance and should have been no surprise. Oh, and to those complaining about the primary logo being two different colours on the home/away, there are and have been many teams that switch up the home/away logos on their jerseys. Really nothing new, or that big a deal.

zzPEfBm.png

im starting to think no matter what anyone releases, people will complain. the canucks refrained from the use of piping and went a more traditional route, went back to blue and green, updated the stick/rink logo and most importantly hemline stripes which if im not mistaken is why alot of people including myself was complaining about the isles, panthers, preds uniforms. im personally glad the canucks went this route instead of the faux-all star template or the preds/panthers templates with crazy ass :censored: on the jersey.

So, the fact that it's not crazy-modern means that people should automatically think it looks good? I can't agree with that.

"Modern" or "traditional," each set gets to stand alone and be judged. Many of each look good. Many of each look bad.

More over, different people think different things about each look. So, yes, no matter what anyone releases, "people" will complain, because not everyone believes in the same design aesthetics.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

im starting to think no matter what anyone releases, people will complain. the canucks refrained from the use of piping and went a more traditional route, went back to blue and green, updated the stick/rink logo and most importantly hemline stripes which if im not mistaken is why alot of people including myself was complaining about the isles, panthers, preds uniforms. im personally glad the canucks went this route instead of the faux-all star template or the preds/panthers templates with crazy ass :censored: on the jersey.

a good number of people are are simply impossible to please. Heck, if a team was to use a design a certain person designed, that person would probably still complain. All that matters is what the Canucks fans think...period.

this is the type of jersey that HAS to change one day. there's no way they will wear these for 20 years. no way. i give these 5 years. the canucks still don't have an identity. IMO, they would have been better off changing the colours to maroon and white and just putting a giant white "V" on the front. simple, plain, retro and new. they should have started from scratch, not mashed together all their crappy jerseys from the past.

One of the first things I thought when I saw these jerseys was that it would be really easy to put a different logo on them, and/or remove the word mark, and call it a day. The colours and striping are a solid base to work from.

I would not have wanted anything that echoed the stupidty that was the Flying V jerseys. If you want to go with the Vancouver Millionaire's look, thats fine, but it would be better to have something like their smaller V as the logo than something inspired by the early 80's look.

Over all, I can forgive the Canuck's their errors by avoiding these things: Piping for the sake of piping, and vertical stripes. Still, they tried to appeal to too many different groups and made a mish-mash.

At least it looks like a hockey jersey, and not a practice jersey. Which is more than what some of the other teams can say.

Look at the tweaks on this Blackhawks logo. Talk about making changes look real.

Here

Yeah I think that is very acceptable!!! I like it!!

... hmmm... doesn't the new one make the person look sad?.... come to think of it .... it makes sense now ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

That hawks logo is a concept not the real thing..

yeah, just read that, my bad

in which case: i'd love if that was the change

plus from a marketing standpoint, it would give me a legit reason to get a new jersey next year

dal.jpg

So far so good.

Surprised they haven't updated the logo, like for instance make the yellow letters green or something, to make em pop out more since they are on a white jersey. Nonetheless, I'm disapointed they are going back to black. There are no longer any teams with a green primary home jersey and their last black jersey seemed to have no green at all. I don't know exactly which direction this jersey is heading because all we see is the logo and not a single other detail. But my fingers are crossed so lets see if I will get what I want in return.

Here's an observation that spawned some idle speculation on my part.

WP_stripe_tn.jpg

This is wallpaper offered here on the Blues' official site. I think it's been up there for some time, which may already discredit my theory. Anyway, I'm not a photoshop wunderkind, so maybe this is obviously not legit to some of you, but the image is supposed to be fabric (maybe not the Note itself, but everything else). That striping pattern isn't currently part of the Blues uniform- the sequence is similar to the home socks, but the sizing is different.

So, is this is just something reworked so it looked better as a desktop (I could see sizing down the yellow as it exists on the home socks so there's less of a bright color running through the middle of the screen) or an artifact from somewhere in the design process for a new look?

I can guarantee that if the 'Hawks were to do some sort of update like that to their logo, they would re-do the marks above the eye, as that is very similar to a Gangster Disciple logo, and therefore, the Blackhawks logo has been adopded by the GD's...

18821.jpg

Moose

Well, there is a wide range of opinions and tastes on this board, so sure, you could generalize. But overall and in general I agree that the new jerseys and logos have not gone over well with this board, and for good reason. My personal taste is for retro/vintage. i like the "vancouver" wordmark a LOT, but the orca is out of place.

The tradition of hockey sweaters is now lost with most of the new rbk's and that's sad. Boston has THE BEST jersey now, it's my favourite by far. Yes Vancouver had the right idea but they just ended up looking like they tried too hard. all they had to do was go back to the stick/rink logo and add some laces. Fans still would have bought them up like a hungry hoard of pigs. Kudos to the canucks for keeping the horizontal stripes, but as a whole the jersey looks ....weird. It's obvious they slapped together too many elements. the horizontal stripes they kept are straight from the vintage stick/rink, so why not keep the matching logo? doesn't make sense and I think they made a HUGE error. The front page of the local newspaper today has a picture of the jersey with quotes from fans saying how plain and boring and weird it looks. THAT is not good. the owners are slapping their foreheads today, that's for sure.

IMO, all they need to do is put the orca on the shoulder and move the stick/rink to below Vancouver, that would be enough....

gagner3.png

The Panthers' and Lightning's logos are GOD AWFUL. Vancouver's could have been MUCH MUCH WORSE than they turned out. Be a little more grateful people.

Really? The Panthers logo is 10x better than the Canucks one.

I know it's all a matter of opinion, but how anyone could be statisified with this mess Vancouver is wearing is beyond me.

Archived